GreaseSpot Cafe

Oklahoma City Bombing and LCM

Nato

Does anyone remember what LCM said about the Oklahoma City bombing, and when and where he said it. He went on about something like it was our own government blowing up the building for some reason. I can't remember why or what agency he said was responsible, or how he "knew" this. Was pretty far out, but I believed it. Of course, I was only 15 or so I think, so you could get me to believe anything then. :)

(quoted from the link that Oldies provided)

Almost 40 years after the fact, we still don't know the whole truth behind the Kennedy assassination; we must not permit a similar pattern of obfuscation and cover-up to occur in the case of the Oklahoma City bombing.

Just *gotta* have their widespread and yet undocumented and unverified conspiracy theories, don't they. As they *still* won't let the Kennedy assassination go. There will always be the missing 'unknown man in the grassy knoll' it seems; always a suspicious possibility (as anything can theoretically be), and yet with no conclusive evidence required to make a rational deliberation and judgement.

Does make for good D-rated TV 'mockumentaries' tho'. ... Brought to you by the best seller, "None Dare Call It Conspiracy!" and by National Enquirer, the magazine that brought you 'Bat boy'.

:rolleyes:

I must admit, I love conspiracy theories. :P

:offtopic:

Have you heard the new one about Marilyn Monroe?

She didn't commit suicide. Someone broke open 30-40 capsules of Nembutal, dissolved that in water, put it in an enema bag, and administered it to Marilyn Monroe rectally while she was unconscious from chloral hydrate.

Read all about it in the December 2005 issue of Playboy.

She also was planning to remarry Dimaggio...READ ABOUT THAT HERE and in Playboy.

You mean "cornball" wizard. Why do I get the feeling we were living in Oz/Fantasy Island with MR. Rourke and Tatto(VPW & LCM)/Nevernever land?

OM, you do have a sense of humor. Maybe there is hope for you yet.

Actually, I have a copy of an article written by a retired USAF General who specialized in demolitoins. He said the Photographic evidence of the aftermath of the bombing indicates that there were explosive charges planted in the columns of the building that were set off by the truck bomb. He petitioned each member of the Senate to delay demolition of the building so that it could be studied in more detail, but they destroyed it--and the evidence--before a thorough forensic investigation could be conducted.

And yes, there were BATF offices there. Rumor has it that many ATF employees were told not to go to work that day. And finally, the seismographic records indicate that there were at least two significant blasts before the building collapsed; which reinforces the General's theory about the charges in the building.

JerryB

Jbarrax, now that you share that, that's pretty much what I remember LCM saying. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

So, what I really want to know now is where he said this. Was it at a STS? I used to go to HQ every week for them. I also used to stay there during the summer with my grandma, so it's also likely that I heard it at lunch.

I can't imagine him talking about it in such a public forum as a STS, but then again, look at his behavior during the evening teachings at the last few ROAs. It just seems inappropriate to expound your personal opinions and conspiracies during a public teaching on the Word. Although, I'm sure he thought everything he said was revelation. At least that's how most of us took it.

So another question, and possible direction for this thread... what other theory's and opinions of this nature do you remember being advocated during public teachings. Or even Corps Nights. I know that's a closed audience, but all that crap had a way of rippling through the whole ministry.

Edited by Nato

If I recall I think I remember him mentioning it sometime soon after I got in the Way in 1994. I think he said the cia or ATF was responsible or something like that because they had people who worked in that office & supposedly were told to stay home that day. I cannot say with certainty though. I do know it wuld be on a SNS tape from 1994 for sure because he went off on it one night,

Vyctorya

Actually all you needed back then was AM. Programs like Chuck Harder's For the People were a great source of information, both on consumer advocacy issues and conspiracy theory. Another AM radion star of the era was and G Gordon Liddy. Liddy talked a lot about the ATF conducting clandestine illegal home invasions. His advice: "shoot for the head. They wear bullet proof vests." Of course that was before Congress deregulated broadcasting and allowed mega corporations to buy up radio stations like common stock. That was the death of genuine local ownership and variety. And the loss of most of the AM audience for conspiracy theorists like Harder and Liddy.

Coincidence?

Peace

JerryB

this was very similar to the explosions in the Twin Towers on 9/11. that conspiracy is out there, too. believe it or not? i personally saw the towers fall on live TV. it looked like they just collapsed on themselves. its all speculative. sorta like how we new about Pearl Harbor before it happened. no way to prove it...

Actually all you needed back then was AM. Programs like Chuck Harder's For the People were a great source of information, both on consumer advocacy issues and conspiracy theory. Another AM radion star of the era was and G Gordon Liddy. Liddy talked a lot about the ATF conducting clandestine illegal home invasions. His advice: "shoot for the head. They wear bullet proof vests." Of course that was before Congress deregulated broadcasting and allowed mega corporations to buy up radio stations like common stock. That was the death of genuine local ownership and variety. And the loss of most of the AM audience for conspiracy theorists like Harder and Liddy.

Coincidence?

Peace

JerryB

Oh yeah, I remember Chuck Harder...I can still hear that corny "For the People" theme playing in my head.

In my area a local FM station broadcast his show every afternoon. I was an avid listener for about a couple of years but then after awhile, the fascination wore off at the plethora of dark, hidden conspiracies ruining the country and upon the depressing realization of being unable to really do much about it. But there were a few fascinating shows, like ones dealing with the supposed, Roswell "alien autopsy" footage which ultimately proved to be fake of course. But it was a fun ride while it lasted. I even still have the autopsy video and a book containing all the secret government "Majestic 12" documents that I ordered from them (lol).

Danny

Edited by TheInvisibleDan