GreaseSpot Cafe

New Year's Eve Festivities

Belle

Going to bed early and getting a good start on the book "Guns, Germs and Steel" that my daughter gave to me for Christmas. I will also be sipping some Southern Comfort...

The girl is going to a party in Berkeley and the wife is going up skiing so I'll be by myself.

Boy, aren't we the lively lot, though?

Myself, I'll be drowning my sorrows in a snifter or two of Courvousier, and ponder a year gone wrong.

BTW, that's a great read Jim. Really interesting stuff.

I never have done the New Year's thing. Not quite sure how it's even supposed to work. What, you get drunk and then do the bump and grind with somebody? I heard that's how it goes.

Maybe I'll try it sometime...

I have reservations at a local country & western restaurant and bar. They always have big names. I chose for my entree' 14oz filet minon. We have a table near the dance floor..it should be very lively. I will be doing alot of people watching and drinking water and boot skooting.....yeehaw! PS..doing it very safely...Im designated driver.

Edited by likeaneagle

What's all THIS????

I had just ASSUMED we would ALL be here at the Greasespot posting away happy New Year's day greetings and messages!! Now I hear some of you planning on foresaking us for other endeavers? Where's your commitment, peeee-ple? :biglaugh:

sudo (who will have 2-3 hours sleep in by midnight)

The princess and I will be playing backgammon, scrabble or crazy 8's while watching the show leading up to the ball dropping. We've been playing Bejeweled on our computers lately too, so I imagine we'll throw that in for a change of pace...

Of course we'll be watching closely for GreaseSpot T-shirts in the crowd at Times Square.

At midnite we'll toast to the New Year and it'll probably be bedtime shortly after that.

Funny, I didn't notice when I quit going out on New Year's Eve, but it's been several years now... :o

I'll be home with my favorite 10 year old, watching the ball drop, as well. I've gone out last few years but realized it's not really that much fun for me anymore.

Last year there were five others beside myself in a local beer and shot dive, the power went out until 12:15 am, one cheer for the lights, one toast for the new year. whoopie right?

Kelly is a much better date and home is a much safer place to toast 2006 with some cranberry juice.

:dance:

we will host a small dinner party 8 people in all

i am cooking seafood a la dottie

a reciepe i named for my wife

lobster scallop jumbo shrimp sauteed in butter,garlic,and sherry then tossed into an alfrado sauce

served atop fetticinni

fresh asparagus with hollindais sauce on the side

and for an app

i made a smoked salmon spread made from our own jonnylingo's smoked salmon :beer: thanks jonny!

and i told the dinner guest that they are out the door by 10;30

us old people need our sleep!!

Happy New Year everyone :wave:

we will host a small dinner party 8 people in all

i am cooking seafood a la dottie

a reciepe i named for my wife

lobster scallop jumbo shrimp sauteed in butter,garlic,and sherry then tossed into an alfrado sauce

served atop fetticinni

fresh asparagus with hollindais sauce on the side

and for an app

i made a smoked salmon spread made from our own jonnylingo's smoked salmon :beer: thanks jonny!

and i told the dinner guest that they are out the door by 10;30

us old people need our sleep!!

Happy New Year everyone :wave:

mmmmmmmm! Seafood!!

Well my plans have changed. I'm hopping a plane to Maine! I should be there in time if I leave NOW!!

Oh well, it sounded spontaneous anyway. :P Hubby is on call (as he was last year :asdf: ). So we will be hanging out at home. His parents, brother, and brother's wife will come over tonight though and we will drink Cosmos and Purple Hazes. (Purple Haze is a martini made of Vodka, DeKypper's Sour Grape, a splash of Sweet and Sour, and a splash of 7 up: shaken and served in a martini glass with fresh purple grapes)

Have a great New Year you all! If you are going to go get drunk and do the bump and grind, be sure to protect yourself! It's a different world out there!

I will be at one of the bigger parties in the county....lol my family makes a pretty good sized group all by ourselves....We will have soda and pop corn ......watch movies and cuddle....I will probably peek in here at gspot to see if there is anyone to ring in the new year with.

I have never been to a real new years party....sigh

Tomorrow my daughter and son and I will be taking our horses to a *play day*.

It is an effort to begin the new year right with our intention to spend more time training with our friends. There will be at least a couple dozen of us there with our *equine* children.... :D

Edited by rascal

i'll be here, well if i get a nap first

today i was talking to the sweet gal who cuts my hair (i did NOT say COLOR shut up)

she called tonight amateur night when she said she would be staying in

we were laughing about how times square is inconceivable for us now without porta potties !!!!!

is it gonna be Dick or Regis ? i heard different things

i wish you all a wonderful new year

Hi John!!!!! :wave:

I'm sure you have PLENTY of excitement to keep you amused over there in the sandbox.

And me??? Well, the boy and I just returned from 10 days in Northern and Southern California on our worldwind visit family, friends, eat, drink and be relaxed tour :) and just got in about 4:00 a.m. this a.m. thanks to Delta delays, etc. - - so we are just vegging with a bunch of movies, a big pot of homemade soup and other and assorted goodies and will ring in the new years together with our sweet little pooch, Oliver, who missed us so much while we were gone and has not left my side since we walked in the door.

So Happy New Year to you all - - and John, may you return stateside soon to stay.

Good bye 2005 and hello 2006 - - may it be a year with far fewer natural and manmade disasters - - and be one where we are much more loving and kind to those we love and those who need love in our world.

J.