GreaseSpot Cafe

Throwing Snowballs

WhiteDove

I see today they are fixing this stupid law. Yea we can throw snow again......

Perhaps there is hope that we won't have to honk our horns when driving into town to warn the horses......

Full text of the LawSec. 54-123. Throwing of missiles. (a) It shall be unlawful for any person to throw any stones, snowballs or any other missiles upon or at any vehicle, building, tree or other public or private property, upon or at any other person in any public or private way or place or enclosed or unenclosed ground. {b} It shall be unlawful for any person to throw any stone, snowball or any other missile from any vehicle, either moving, stopped or parked, upon or at any building, tree, sign or other public or private property, or upon or at any person in any public or private way or place of enclosed or unenclosed ground. (Code 1981, § 15-70)

Edited by WhiteDove

Two years ago, two of our foster children were suspended from elementary school for a week, for throwing snow balls. they had been in front of our house and walking down the street towards the bus stop. they stopped making and throwing them as we reached the bus-stop. I was walking with them, I encouraged the snow ball throwing and I had them stop as we neared the bus stop. Nobody's vehicle was nit, nobody's house was hit [excuse me, but we may have hit my house, but I own it], no other child was hit.

The principal was very serious and could not imagine why I would encourage such irresponsible behavior. Two of our children were suspended from school. She also told me that one of our neighbors had called the school and complained that our children had been seen throwing snow balls in our backyard, but that she wanted to discuss this behavior with me, before she called the police.

This was the same public school principle that insisted that black children calling white children "Honky crackers" was not racist, but white children calling black children "Niggers" was racist, because as she explained only white's can be racist.

I vented about both occurances here on Greasespt Cafe at the time each event happened.

this all happened in Connecticut.

I grew up on the side of the Cascades in Washington state. Thowing snowballs on school property would get you a suspension or a swat, I can't remember which. Throwing snowballs at cars was illegal, but was still done and the culprit seldom caught. Otherwise, fair play was expected. No chunks of ice in the snowballs, no hitting elderly and non-participating adults and no breaking windows.

this was the same public school principle that insisted that black children calling white children "Honky crackers" was not racist, but white children calling black children "Niggers" was racist, because as she explained only white's can be racist.

Galen -- that sux --- big time. :(

Speaking of *Blue laws*, there is one still on the books in Indiana

that states:

"If an unmarried woman is riding in a car with a male

and she is not wearing shoes,

He can be accused of rape."

Edited by dmiller

Yeah, they had to include throwing things from cars. Most of my snowball throwing days were in jr high but once in HS a friend had a big station wagon and 7 of us made a bunch of snowballs each and just deluged a car going the other way on the street we were on. So the car turns around and chased us down a cul de sac. Our car stalled and after a mild derogatory remark, the guy who was driving the other car helped us get ours started again.

ohhh i really cant believe what i am reading

Galen what a awful experience children not allowed to be children................

and yet bullying and harrassement goes unnoticed, in many cases. and also the racist thing

was unexceptable, but i guess snowballs can be a offensive weapon :P what is this world coming to.

well we have no such laws here about throwing snowballs, maybe cause we never get snow.

and when we do, the rain comes minutes later and makes it slush.....

we did have snow about 2 inches just a few days ago it was very late at night so i thought

it best to wait till the morning to take a picture as its one for the scrap book as it rarely happens

but when i got up it had all gone lol............ so i cant even show you how lovely it looked :cryhug_1_: