GreaseSpot Cafe

Jack Chick Christianity

markomalley

If you'd like to use these tracts in your personal ministry,

um.... I think I'll pass on cartoon christianity--but thanks for offering

They might make a nice exhibit in a Museum of the Bizarre someday though. It does seem very appropriate to me in a strange sort of way that these beliefs are put forth in cartoons-It says much more about those that hold the beliefs than those who they attack

Edited by mstar1

gees now how are we ever going to know the truth of jack now that its gone?

IMO and its just my opinion---since these things are littered everywhere, plastered on windshields, stuffed in mailboxes and stuffed under doors---is that if anything they would want the whole thing published or nothing---(so that we could all have the full unadulterated truth)--but what do I know?

Edited by mstar1

©1984-2006 Chick Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.

They have the right to post it or plaster it wherever they want. Under fair use, we have the right to reproduce part of it for purposes of discussion, but we do not have the right to reproduce ALL of it without their permission.

Edited by modcat5

Ok not trying to cause any problems here.

I dont particularly like it or agree with they can put them anywhere though--especially when I find them in my wiper blades or littering a city street.

Then its not only cartoon christianity, but intrusive, annoying cartoon christianity as well.

but Im getting way off topic

I have hand typed what their green card says:

THE BIBLE SAYS THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO HEAVEN!

WHAT TO PRAY:

Dear God, thank you for showing me what you think about Catholicism. I also reject it! I accept Christ's sacrifice as perfect and complete. Please forgive me in Jesus's name. I invite Jesus Christ to come into my life and I place my trust in Him alone for my salvation. Thank you for giving me eternal life right now.

Then you have a box to check YES of NO in:

Did you accept Jesus Christ as your own personal Saviour?

Date___________

If the answer was yes, then this is just the beginning of a wonderful new life with Christ. Now:

1. Read your Bible (KJV) every day to get to know Christ better.

2. Pray to God every day (in your own words).

3. Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.

4. Tell others about Christ.

© Jack Chick (who imho is a whackjob)

Wow! Even LCM on his best day didn't indoctrinate us into this type control. Where it appears to me the only way to heaven is by denouncement of understanding of Catholism as the very minimum.

Thank you Raf for bringing back the link.

Thank you Mark for having brought it here in the first place.

This is interesting to see to what extent someone would go to act out against any religion. Seriously, even when LCM was pondering and he took his glasses off and fiddled with them he didn't come up with this. :wacko:

*reads the link*

Typical Jack Chick.

I notice that this relies almost entirely on Hislop's "the Two Babylons."

I am aware that Woodrow repudiated Hislop's "the Two Babylons"

in his book "the Babylon Connection?" after initially supporting it

in "Babylon Mystery Religion." So, it's easy to find a book that makes

a stronger case than Hislop, who threw claims around and didn't

support them.

(Example from the tract: "IHS stands for Isis, Horus and Seb,

the Egyptian Trinity." This is without substantiation, since there's

no connection between Geb/Qeb (who spelled it "Seb"?) and

Isis OR Horus. If you wanted to go for an Egyptian syncretization

with Christianity, you'd connect Isis and Osiris to things,

but they don't spell "IHS".)

Priests are supposed to be "little Jesuses"?

I must have been out sick that day...

Oh, and as for "the pope not caring about my soul"...

I don't know much about Benedict, but John Paul II, I believe

he VERY MUCH was concerned about the souls of all.

In previous centuries, I could easily see Jack Chick easily leading the

"burn her!" "build a bridge out of her!" mobs with torches.

If the answer was yes, then this is just the beginning of a wonderful new life with Christ. Now:

1. Read your Bible (KJV) every day to get to know Christ better.

2. Pray to God every day (in your own words).

3. Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.

4. Tell others about Christ.

Hmmmmmmm.

1) My two vesions are NIV, and NWT. Do they count?

2) Ya mean I cain't speak/pray in tongues?

3) Baptized -- is that dipped, sprinkled, or immersed? And in what? Water, or Spirit?

4) In my own words, or as the Holy Spirit guides me?

:confused::confused::confused:

If ever there were a time that was a perfect reply! :)

I'm sorry David. I guess I shouldn't be reading this before my coffee. At first when I read this, I thought you said Sprite. oops.

When you sit and actually ponder on what it would feel like to be dipped in Sprite I think perhaps it's time to get outta this place!

Moon Girl, you cracked me up. :)

And I was speaking of myself Moon Girl (not you). :)

This is no lie. Tonight hubby told me of a comic that was in the drive up tube at the bank when he pulled it out to use it. The previous customer had left it there for this purpose he assumed and I'd agree.

It was from Chick Publications. :blink:

Hubby knew nothing about this thread or who this Chick dude was but after he told me about this comic and his reaction to it (he read it entirely) I told him my reaction to having seen it here for the first time recently. We both said that's weird almost in unison and then shivered off the thoughts of what we'd be saying if we were still twi-heads.

This was deemed as cause for eternal damnation btw! (and if this pic ends up too big I will come right back and edit it out)

Yup, it was too big. Well it was just more crapola anyway!

Edited by ChattyKathy

I can remember his tracts from the late 60's or early '70's..

They were scary to me! I was a teenager who had been brought up Southern Baptist believing that if you weren't a born again Christian you were going to Hell when you died! And there, you were tortured for eternity! Burning in a lake of fire! Feeling all the agony of your flesh being burnt off only it NEVER stopped.. this was going to be happening to you for ever and ever and.. EVER!!!!! Didn't matter if you had lived in Africa or where ever and had never even heard of Jesus Christ.. you were worthy of death anyways for just being a sinner.

So I see these Chick tracts and I start sweating all over again like I'm in a Baptist preaching service. Scary stuff. Folks who really believe that chit are only about a notch up from the Muslims who think making fun of their "prophet" is worthy of death. Its the same kind of thinking. Just a teensy less extreme.

sudo