GreaseSpot Cafe

"Way Believers" Messageboard

mstar1

Did you see all the negative criticism about "My Space" on the news? It's (as we can see ourselves) easy to get access to way too much info about the people who post there.

Its strength (ease of use) is its weakness (lack of filtration).

I wonder who actually set the thing up: if TWI did it officially (which shows how stupid they are) or whether some eager beaver did it and then spread the word it was there.
It's a handful of teenagers who are going to save the world,

being watched by a few hundred adults staring at them.

It's unofficial, but the wayGB and some of us are also lurking.

If they give away too much, they'll get the same fate

as the Family Tables did.

I'd stay away from it.

These kids are free to make their own board for their

opinion just like anyone else. I'd recommend avoiding it,

or at least being respectful when you're on "THEIR" board.

Screaming at the kids may make some people feel good,

but it WON'T get them to listen. They're naive, not stupid.

Edited by WordWolf

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read a lot on there. They are mostly younger with a few older people thrown in. From what I gather some are party animals and some are into it and some are going through a phase. There is a Rev. that is from twi but he does not say a whole lot. IMHO it is really not a great tool of twi unless someone gets serious on it. No one really is right now.

Edited by justloafing

I just checked out the Boston site and it has a picture of Zordan from the original Power Rangers( is that VPW in a fish bowl)? :unsure:

tsk tsk john

leave those kids alone, they know not what they do. WE were them once, and if someone came to rain on our parade.....well, it just "T"d us off.....

(ps. I got info on FT , BTW)

Okay, lemme see if I get this straight...

Their goal is to move the Word - to win others.

The purpose of their web site is to share the Word.

With each other.

Only.

Period.

No one else.

Don't post unless you're already in the group - a member.

So, who are they winning? Each other?

So...

Isn't that sorta like having a whore house where the ho's only have sex with themselves?

I tried to join both The Way Family Tables and Way Believers My Space. After hearing nothing back and my posts not showing up I wrote somethng like the following to both moderators.

One is an old guy, John Brxwm, 58 years old, a friend I have known for years here in Tampa Bay.

The other is a young person, the "future of the ministry", the hope of any positive change, a young lady probably in her teens or early 20's.

I doubt if I will ever hear anything back from either of these forums. Their problems are so very evident and so very sad.

"Hi John,

I tried to join the Way Family Tables forum and have not heard back from you regarding that. I also noticed that my posts have not shown up. Am I going to be able to join? I do not see what the problem would be. Is the ministry ever going to be open to the public in our lifetimes again? I believe it is a big mistake to remain so closed and reclusive. Can you let me know something?"

John Richeson

(813) 404-9795

jrich7@verizon.net

Edited by igotout

These kids are free to make their own board for their

opinion just like anyone else. I'd recommend avoiding it,

or at least being respectful when you're on "THEIR" board.

Screaming at the kids may make some people feel good,

but it WON'T get them to listen. They're naive, not stupid.

I couldn't agree more. Going on their Web site for the purpose of arguing, convincing them they're wrong, or "saving" them is, in my opinion, an exercise in futility. What's the point? Witnessing in reverse?

I see an ironic parallel here. Back in the day when I thought I was through with religion in any form, when zealous people would try to witness to me their words fell on deaf ears. It wasn't until I decided I might be interested that I gave these eager Christians the time of day. Likewise, when I was an innie and people tried to "witness to me" the evils of twi, I paid no attention to them. It wasn't until I made up my own mind to question twi that I'd listen to what any critics said.

My view hasn't changed since I said this on Waydale: People will question twi/leave twi, when they're ready. The best thing any of us "outies" can do is be there for them when that time comes. Going on their Web site with an "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude will only serve to alienate.

Very interesting thread about a guy going by the handle Matt, who was searching for a church, stumbled on TWI's web site, GreaseSpot, and the Boston MySpace TWIt forum. They say things have changed, but reading their responses to him looked identical to when I was in. Same old burying your head in the sand, ignoring history and facts, all for "the word" and the nice feeling you get from being a TWIt -- until history repeats itself and you end up here. :rolleyes:

Boston MySpace - Way Internaional Question

Who said anything about going on there to argue and be a stumbling block. I do not aim to make them change their minds or their beliefs. As long as they are not harming anyone why should I? They have rights too you know. You must not have read my posts. Not me. I wish them well. Maybe I would even go back and be in a fellowship under the right circumstances.

Edited by igotout

Yes, that post was removed. The topic was about believeing and the law of believeing. I posted somethng like this:

"Here is an interesting article with some though provoking information about the law of believing. I do not agree with all of it but other parts I think are true and may help shed some light:

(Inserted link to Raf's PDF on errors in the Law of Believing). "

They responded to my post but removed my post and the link. And now I appear to be banned.

Sheesh! How boring.

John, are you getting yourself Marked and Avoided again?

Things change, but never really change now do they? They can't handle a little discussion that indicates some error in their doctrine so what do they do? Kick out the person.

So what's changed?

Posted: March 3, 2006 12:46 AM

Amanda,

While I agree with some of your points and understand what you are trying to say, your post does not seem to be appropriate for this forum. You seem pretty emotional and upset. No need.

God will take care of those He loves. If that means protecting them against evil then I am sure that's what he will do in His own unique way.

Though I was kicked out of TWI unjustly after 25 years of faithful service including Way Corps 7 and have never been asked back, I do not carry bitterness or anger and also feel that there is some good in the Way ministry. I do not begrudge those who desire to be members. It is their right. I am sure that 99.9% of them are good, caring people who mean no one harm.

You might want to try posting at this site instead:

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/

But be warned, that site is not for the faint of heart.

John Richeson

Tampa, FL

I have not been banned from the other My Space group yet. The Way International Here is what I posted there:

I was a member of Way Believers but apparently they banned me after I posted a couple of times. They also removed my posts which were harmless and not crtitical. Probably because I used to be in The Way for over 25 years and also am a Corps grad. Incidentally I never left the ministry voluntarily. No one has ever invited us back or even thanked us for our many years of faithful service. And yes, I have asked about coming back but it has fallen on deaf ears.

Too bad the other forum is so closed minded and such. Interestingly my 16 year daughter is still a member. But I think when they catch wind who she is they will "mark and avoid" her too. But she has not posted yet. I was trying to get her involved but when I tell her what happened I believe she will not be pleased and will lose interest.

Thank you for being a little more tolerant on this forum. I hope you do not ban me for insignificant reasons.

John Richeson

Tampa, FL

Edited by igotout