• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the nice tunes. :)

Hey there, welcome Dreamer!

A la - it was me - and it's here somewhere, a program that will download the Tube video. It's called Videodownloader. I think if you google it you can find instructions. Couldn't find the post here, yet. Sorry! After you download it you change the file extension to .flv and view it in a Flash file viewer, there's several free one, like FLV Player which you can get at Tekook.net - hope that helps.

Why thank you, I have checked this spot out on occasion. Just thought it was solely about guitars. Which is my husbands love besides me of course. And found things of interest here. I enjoy all type s of music so you will see me from time to time. Just do not know how to post the listen here, and get anything, so I will let you.

yes it is my brother from the sock drawer... yes it is...

although at the present time all I see (top and bottom) are carpet cleaning ads... hmmm

let me try something...

chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka chocolate vodka

When you add chocolate to vodka, you no longer have vodka!! :nono5:

:biglaugh::drink::biglaugh:

Why thank you, I have checked this spot out on occasion. Just thought it was solely about guitars. Which is my husbands love besides me of course. And found things of interest here. I enjoy all type s of music so you will see me from time to time. Just do not know how to post the listen here, and get anything, so I will let you.

Hey -- throw me into the conversation, and eventually bluegrass,

fiddles, banjos, mandolins, etc., all get tossed into the *mix*. :)

Welcome to THE Guitar Thread!

:wave:

Edited by dmiller

I'm witcha on that dmiller.

Where's diazbro, I wonder? What's he gotten off into?

A la, if you're looking for the slickest way to download most of the UTewb videos use Firefox Mozilla's browser and download the VideoDownLoader plug in - HERE

It will add it to your Firefox browser as a plug in, close and restart Firefox and it will appear as a small icon in the lower right hand side of the browser window.

Download the viewer program from the Tekool.net site. Now you have a little viewer, simple to open and use for the videos. It's a separate program that will run when you open these files later.

When you view a UT00b video, let it load and play all the way, and when the red load line is all the way over to the right, open the Videodownloader - it will give you a download button if the video can be downloaded that way. Most of them can.

Select Download and it will save it to your PC, takes just a second or two depending on length.

Now you'll have a file of that video saved. Go to where it's saved and rename it - like if it's named "get video1 something or other" rename it SocksRocks.flv or something you'll remember...the important part is the .flv The icon should change to a red FLV icon, indicating it's a recognized file format now.

...when you double click it it'll open in the view program you downloaded from Tekool.net.

It sounds like a lot but it's not once you do it a couple times. Piece o' cake.

Edited by socks

EXTRA! EXTRA!

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Sean Carney takes Beale St. by storm.

The Sean Carney Band placed 1st in The IBC(International Blues Challenge) in Memphis, Tenn.

Sean also was awarded The Albert King Award for BEST GUITARIST.

Sean is working the west side of Canada right now for anyone intersested.

Albert King. we saw him about 20 years ago here in our home town. Got to shake that mans hand.

EXTRA! EXTRA!

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Sean Carney takes Beale St. by storm.

The Sean Carney Band placed 1st in The IBC(International Blues Challenge) in Memphis, Tenn.

Sean also was awarded The Albert King Award for BEST GUITARIST.

Sean is working the west side of Canada right now for anyone intersested.

And to think he was part of the band that my co-worker is in. Seems like the world is small sometimes eh waysider.

:eusa_clap: for him!

A gift a gift...

Yup, he's good, you're all welcome.

What a song.

Taylor's guitar style is so subtley prominent on this song. It's a great mix and blend, with the piano, electric guitar blending smoothly and the acoustic guitar weaving in and out - no "mud", all blood. It's great.

Arnold McCuller deals on this, live. That's Steve Jordan on drums, last year was with the John Mayer Trio. And the great Jimmy Johnson on bass. :knuddel:

make it make it make it rain, now, love.

Edited by socks

This guitarist finishes his gig and is the last one in the place with the bartender, who asks if he'd like a drink before he goes home. The player says 'sure' and the barkeep plunks down a big glass of Scotch and a bowl of peanuts to go with it, then wanders off to wipe down the counter. The guitarist take a swig and munches down some peanuts as he thinks back about the night. From nowhere a little voice says 'great gig man, you were hot tonight!'.

The player looks at the bartender and says 'thanks' - bartender says 'Huh?' and the guitarist says 'for sayin' nice things about my playing tonight' - bartender says ' I didn't say nothing'.

The guitarist thinks it's late and he's a bit spaced so he'd better head off when another little voice says 'yeah great licks man and nice moves too, you were ripping!'.

The guitar player turns around and says 'thanks' but there's nobody there. The bartender says 'are you ok?' and the guitarist says 'hmmmmm....yeah....' and figures it's time to split and grabs a few more peanuts and one last wash of Scotch and hears the voice again -

'Band was tight! and the women were definitely diggin' your style man, you were TOTally - ' and the guitarist jumps up and looks around the bar - 'OK! THAT'S IT! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?'

Bartender runs down and says 'what's your problem dude?' and guitarist says 'WHERE ARE THOSE VOICES COMING FROM? IS THIS CANDID CAMERA?'

'What voices??' - the guitarist tells the bartender what he's hearing and the bartender says 'ooooh those voices - that's the peanuts. They're complimentary!'

(adapted from guitar dot com)

Edited by socks