GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwillites

Oakspear

The term "Wierwillite" gets tossed around here a lot. For those who use it, just what do you mean by it?

Me, when I use it, I am talking about someone who uncritically accepts Wierwille's teachings.

I do believe that some of what Wierwille taught could be justified biblically, but that due to the tangled web of plagiarism, lying, poor scholarship, and yes, his personal immorality, PFAL and his other teachings cannot be used as a starting point for finding the truth or biblical understanding.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The term "Wierwillite" gets tossed around here a lot. For those who use it, just what do you mean by it?

Me, when I use it, I am talking about someone who uncritically accepts Wierwille's teachings.

I do believe that some of what Wierwille taught could be justified biblically, but that due to the tangled web of plagiarism, lying, poor scholarship, and yes, his personal immorality, PFAL and his other teachings cannot be used as a starting point for finding the truth or biblical understanding.

What is a Wierwillite?...Let me put it to you this way...

Allah u Akbar, Allah u Akbar

Ash-hadu al-la Ilaha ill Allah - Ash-hadu al-la Ilaha ill Allah

Ash-hadu anna Wierwilledan Rasulullaah

Ash-hadu anna Wierwilledan Rasulullaah

I think VPW was a much better preacher, than teacher. His "teachings" don't hold up to alot of scrutiny, and where they do, can be credited to someone else. So, I'd have to say, he wasn't as good a teacher, as he was a preacher.

But he could really preach a fabulous message, when he got it right. :)

"Wierwillite" is a slur intended to attack people who recognize truth in his teachings.

Hardly.

Nobody'd call me a "Wierwillite", and I recognize truth in his teachings.

Some of the stuff he taught, in my opinion, was pretty good.

The problem starts when everything ELSE comes into play.

"Wierwillite" is a slur intended to attack people who recognize truth in his teachings.

That, Sir, simply is not true. There are many, many people on this board who recognize those teachings of his that they believe are true. The bulk of them give credit from whom they learned those lessons (even if many of them accuse him of plagerizing, they still admit that they learned the lessons from VPW).

A person could still subscribe to ALL the lessons learned from VPW and still not be a Wierwillite.

• A Wierwillite gets agitated if Wierwille's personal failures are attacked (although he may acknowledge those personal failures, it causes discomfort to think about it)
  • A Wierwillite gets agitated if Wierwille's plagerism is brought up (although he may acknowledge that plagerism, it causes discomfort to think about it)
  • A Wierwillite will cite Wierwille as an authoritative source as part of his logic
  • A Wierwillite feels discomfort when Wierwille or his teachings are discussed critically

But, is somebody who merely recognizes the truth in the teachings of VPW (some or even all) a Wierwillite? Not at all...

That, Sir, simply is not true. There are many, many people on this board who recognize those teachings of his that they believe are true. The bulk of them give credit from whom they learned those lessons (even if many of them accuse him of plagerizing, they still admit that <u>they</u> learned the lessons from VPW).

A person could still subscribe to ALL the lessons learned from VPW and still not be a Wierwillite.

<ul><li>A Wierwillite gets agitated if Wierwille's personal failures are attacked (although he may acknowledge those personal failures, it causes discomfort to think about it)

<li>A Wierwillite gets agitated if Wierwille's plagerism is brought up (although he may acknowledge that plagerism, it causes discomfort to think about it)

<li>A Wierwillite will cite Wierwille as an authoritative source as part of his logic

<li>A Wierwillite feels discomfort when Wierwille or his teachings are discussed critically

</ul>

But, is somebody who merely recognizes the truth in the teachings of VPW (some or even all) a Wierwillite? Not at all...

Mark, GREAT POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May I add,

Of course he taught some truth. Other wise no one would believe a single word he said but that truth is out there to find with out Wierwille's teachings.

A Wierwillite, is a person that is a "just get over it" person.

A Wierwillite also wants to explaine away all the peoples lives he ruined. To me it seems a Wierwillite really does not care about people but is a "me me" person.

Edited by justloafing

A Wierwillite, is a person that is a "just get over it" person.

Hahaha I didn't know the Eagles wre wierwillites .

EAGLES - Get Over It

I turn on the tube and what do I see

A whole lotta people cryin' "Don't blame me"

They point their crooked little fingers ar everybody else

Spend all their time feelin' sorry for themselves

Victim of this, victim of that

Your momma's too thin; your daddy's too fat

Get over it

Get over it

All this whinin' and cryin' and pitchin' a fit

Get over it, get over it

You say you haven't been the same since you had your little

crash

But you might feel better if I gave you some cash

The more I think about it, Old Billy was right

Let's kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight

You don't want to work, you want to live like a king

But the big, bad world doesn't owe you a thing

Get over it

Get over it

If you don't want to play, then you might as well split

Get over it, Get over it

It's like going to confession every time I hear you speak

You're makin' the most of your losin' streak

Some call it sick, but I call it weak

You drag it around like a ball and chain

You wallow in the guilt; you wallow in the pain

You wave it like a flag, you wear it like a crown

Got your mind in the gutter, bringin' everybody down

Complain about the present and blame it on the past

I'd like to find your inner child and kick its little foot

Get over it

Get over it

All this bitchin' and moanin' and pitchin' a fit

Get over it, get over it

Get over it

Get over it

It's gotta stop sometime, so why don't you quit

Get over it, get over it

If the shoe fits, White Dove...

.........Find the other one I always say then you have a pair.

This should be in the the rock and roll lyrics hall of fame......

You drag it around like a ball and chain

You wallow in the guilt; you wallow in the pain

You wave it like a flag, you wear it like a crown

Got your mind in the gutter, bringin' everybody down

Complain about the present and blame it on the past

I'd like to find your inner child and kick its little foot

Edited by WhiteDove