GreaseSpot Cafe

A lifetime of Christian service

lindyhopper

IF.........."a lifetime of christian service"......has ANYTHING to do with being Christ-like...

THEN.....how could one possibly continue "serving a lifetime in twi".....when strong-arming became rampant, abuses became known, adultery was acceptable to mog lifestyles, boundaries were crossed, divorce was advocated if the mog wanted your wife for sexual pleasure, other trustees turned and looked away, twisted doctrines were surfacing, etc. etc. etc..........???

Would God take pleasure in a 30-year old signed corps application as a sealed vow before Him.......when a so-called ministry is led astray...... rather than embracing scriptural truths of Holy Writings and walking away from twi's evil methods of control and abuse...???

Do the words of a corps brochure SUPERCEDE the writing of the ages, His Mighty Word..???

Absurd....isn't it???? :)

Edited by skyrider

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you clergy who are no longer with The Way: What are you going to do with your emblematic seal/oak/brass pentagon deal that has your name on it signifying your even bigger lifetime comittment? Just curious. When we die, we are supposed to have these deals returned to TWI by our families or surviving loved ones. I wonder if TWI has made a new law that anyone who is a copped out clergy person will not be allowed to have their oak plaque deal returned? Just curious. Personally, mine will stay with my family...

This goes for the rest of you as well. (I hate being the youngest person in the room and having to do this.) Argue about it, state your point with your POV, but do not assume that you know what everyone's motivation for going in the corps was. Do not assume that you know what people were told and how it was stressed in spite of a vague brochure. Do not assume that what did or didn't happen to you happened the same way to everyone across the board.

Frackly I'm suprised that the people doing these things have been treated as well as they have on this thread.

Oh Frac Lindy I'm surpised some folks apparently believe Rascals's ***, but hey, that's a privilege.

Thanks for letting me post on your thread, bro.

Edited by GreasyTech

:evildenk: OH FOR PETES..........F - [...] - G SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evildenk:

WHITE DOVE,

You are *%^#*ing the hell out of me. I have no idea when or how you got involved with the way international, but when I got involved in 1971 (okay, it was New Years Eve 1971) the additional line of "the ministry decides the area of concern interest and need" was not yet even a glint in the eye of way publications...........it was not even a consideration for printed material.............whether or not it was what they were thinking...........who knows? In otherwords...........it was the old BAIT AND SWITCH.

THAT SAID..........for me personally, I was a young 14 year old girl when I first decided to go into the corps. I discussed this with VPW when I was 18......and i was smart enough to actually go to college before I went into the corps. BUT..........I still spent a total of 28 years involved in TWI. Many years of staff....wow and other programs.

WhiteDove.........I dont understand you.....I dont trust you............I dont believe you know what the H E L L/ You are talking about. You spent less time in twi than you have in your off shoot cult. You continually confuse what was actually TWI and what are your MEMORIES of twi.

I can help you find a good therapist..................

Radar

Edited by modcat5

Tommy,

Oldiesman is really an okay human being. For some reason, he has taken it on (AS HIS PERSONAL RESPONSIBLITY) to support twi and its original and second bot.

My prayer for him and his family, would be that they can eventually begin to seperate what they remember from what is now.....................or has been for the past 20 years. I myself have never settled the issue of when the way become a cult.....but one thing I am sure of is that it has been a cult since 1989.

Any and all of gspot is welcome to try and convince me otherwise. but that is all that I am 100 percent sure of.

Leave Oldies alone..........maybe one day, he will find his soul.

radar

I am sorry that I miss read you dooj, I should have known better than to think that you would say that.

Lindy thankyou, I had better clarify that technically, I am not a corpes grad either ...I was app for two years and then married a grad....making me spouse corpes.

My experiences were concerning what occurred after applying and during my app years years in the program...so I thought relevant to our discussion at hand.

As far as relating my experiences as app corpes on the wow field...it was never intended as a bid for sympathy ...I was trying to point out that what the reality of the corpes commitment was shown to mean when I tried to withdraw from the program.....verses my understanding of the program when I applied.

Radar, you may be right, but oldies has called me a liar at least 3 different times on this thread alone for simply relating my personal experiences. I don`t think that is ok.

Edited by rascal

Rascal, I simply don't believe it when you say you were forced to have an abortion.

You had a choice, and you chose to sign the consent form.

Yet you accept no responsibility for that action, and simultaneously, blame twi's corp program to boot.

You had a choice to leave the corps if you wanted, and have your baby. You opted not to.

And yet you still blame twi? egads.. I'm sick of hearing this sob story.

You are constantly playing the finger-pointing, helpless victim.

Regarding calling you a liar ... when I disagree with your post I am entitled to say so, and why.

I'm also entitled to state my opinion that you are communicating horseradish.

People are entitled to have opinions that differ from yours.

If you don't like that, that's too bad ... but varying opinions is what makes Greasespot Cafe a great place to be.

And thanks to Lindyhopper for letting me say all this on his thread. :)

Oldiesman,

I have never seen more callous, cold-heartedness coming from you before, ever. This is beyond the worst for you. If you really don't know the kind of psychological pressure that can be put on a woman by cult leaders, and if you really think you have a better handle on what rascal personally witnessed and experienced than she does, then your opinion should be valued for what it is: ignorant at best. Your head is so deep in the sand that if you opened your eyes you'd see the Great Wall.

Would everyone please report offending posts like this? If it's only a few people who report the callous, personal, uncalled for attacks like this, then they are allowed to continue. If people like OM are allowed to continue like this, people will quit posting and sharing their lives - which posts could actually be helping someone. In Rascal's case, I KNOW that her posts have helped people because they contact me via PM's because they are too afraid to post publicly, but they would really like to. They just aren't able to handle this kind of abuse.

Oh and btw a women can't get herself pregnant. It takes amale to do that - and all too often that male was married to another woman.

Just in case you forgot....

Oh ok, it wasn't Rascal that allowed herself to get pregnant.

Blame the male ... yeah, it was the males fault.

Heck, I should have already realized she was probably coerced into it anyway.

Had to be ...

Would everyone please report offending posts like this?

Belle, you took me off of ignore?

:love3:

What bothers me more than the insults is that I don`t seem to be able to post personal experience without the thread becoming completely derailed ...People get so turned off by the bickering that the whole point of the thread invariably gets lost....eventually to be consigned to the soap opera forum.

I feel like many times important points and information have gotten buried and forgotten when this has happened.

I would like to try to get this thread back on track because I think that Lindy and others have made some very valid points...I am sorry that my participation has derailed it.

Edited by rascal

OM, I see this as you just maybe ignorant. Some people could just walk away from what leadership said whether right or wrong just as some people did what leadership said whether it was right or wrong. Hence maybe rascle believed what leadership told her to do and she probably asked herself questions whether an abortion was right or wrong for her but she believed leadership. Always remember there is not one person that thinks the way you do or me for that matter. I would advise you to maybe think how someone will feel when you talk about them.

As much as Oldiesman's crap irritates me...and as much as I hate to see rascal have to put up with his insults and attacks, let his posts stand....not because of "free speech"...cretins like Oldies love to abuse the priveleges of free expression...but because it demonstates how blind, ignorant, and stupid somebody can be when they're defending that scummy little cult. Defend your own experiences, but everybody else is a liar? TWI was sweet and wonderful in Oldies' world. What a delusion.

To me what Belle is really saying is.." please moderator, I know I'm whingeing again but someone has again said something that I don't like, can you ban them from posting. I can only handle insults and personal attacks when it's me spewing 'em."

Good on you Oldies and others who speak their mind (regardless whether I or anyone else agrees with what is posted).