GreaseSpot Cafe

Who Would Play You?

Belle

If there were a movie to be made about your life, who do you think would play you?

I'm listening to a book on CD and the character in the book plays this game with his sister. I thought it was an interesting question and wonder who you think should be cast to play you.

I don't see it, but I've been told by numerous people throughout my life that I look like Jodie Foster. I do like her skill-wise, movie choice-wise and from what I've read about her real life, so I 'spose that's who I'd pick. (I'd love to be considered as brilliant as she is, too.)

Who would you pick and why?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there were a movie to be made about your life, who do you think would play you?

I don't see it, but I've been told by numerous people throughout my life that I look like Jodie Foster. I do like her skill-wise, movie choice-wise and from what I've read about her real life, so I 'spose that's who I'd pick. (I'd love to be considered as brilliant as she is, too.)

Who would you pick and why?

Ah keep in mind that physical resemblance is only part of it. Solid chracter actors can almost always play anyone well , whereas

leading types are notoriously narrow and limited in their range (e.g. Tom Cruise). Also note that I'm not saying that Jodie Foster is

a bad actress at all. My point is that while I might be tempted to select someone who is physically similar I think I would pick someone whom I think could capture my personality better than say my features. Having said that who wouldn't want to be represented by a physically appealing professional ?

I would like to think that a much taller version of Al Pacino would be who I would want but casting directors would probably pick Harry Dean

Stanton which is probably a more honest fit *laff*

Edited by diazbro

LOL, George! I did have to go look up Andy Devine. :biglaugh:

Raf, you totally crack me up! But, I have to say I think you're right on the money there. :)

So, Jerry Springer will be handing out snowcones as Mr. Strange? I like it!! BUT, will he be handing them out, or shoving them in people's faces?? :blink:

JL, Jeff Bridges and Kurt Russell? Hmmmmm...... :redface2:

Moony, velly nice. Will you give her personalized lessons on how to re-arrange the ornaments on the Christmas tree?

Radar, I wouldn't have picked Elizabeth Perkins for you....I'm trying to think of who I would pick, but not Elizabeth Perkins.... Who would JustLoafing say? I'm thinking Meg Ryan would be closer than Elizabeth...although I did relate all too well to her character in the opening scene of "From the Hip" with Judd Nelson. :yawn1:

Shellon, we were posting at the same time. ROFLMAO!! :eusa_clap: Whoopie Goldberg it is!

Tom,

Springer ain't that far off the mark! :)

As for me... really, is there any question? Ummm....

10-23a.jpg

You'll need to grow a beard and lose some hair unless of course you are sporting a "Men's Hair Club of America" setup in your profile pic ? *laff*

I'd like it to be Humphrey Bogart, but in reality, I think it most likely to be Andy Devine...

(O.K. you kids will have to run along and figure out who those two are now)

Kids ! Oh if only.....

Edited by diazbro

A much younger Kathy Bates.

I also think that Selma Hayek could do a good job. She played Frida Kahlo - She wouldn't need a uni-brow to play me so the job shold be a cinch.

If she were an actress, Joy Behar (from The View) would also do well.

Need the Italian physical with a sense of humor

Lol great question Belle...

My kids SWEAR that I am a dead ringer for *yoda*...they even call me that.

This isn`t as unflattering as it appears on the surface though....they say that I am diminuative in stature and appear to be harmless. ..about as round as I am tall....but when danger presents itself ...I fly into action with amazing speed and dexterity.... gracefull and powerfull with my martial arts technique......and God help the person that has been foolish enough to push me to the point of needing retaliation.....lol