GreaseSpot Cafe

Who is that masked man?

BettyBoop

I have been around here since the early days of Waydale and GS Cafe and one thing has always had me curious.

What other name does Paw post under? I am sure that he must have another alias so he can rant and rave as we all do here without compromising his position as head chef. I have had my own idea as who that may be but I just can't figure it out for sure. I myself have had at least 6 differant names in the last 6 years here.

Let the guessing begin.

I dunno, Betty....do you know something we don't know? :wink2:

Actually, I think a lot of us get accustomed to our names and they actually become nick-names for us. I know that now I'm not having to hide who I am from the WayGB, there's no reason for me to change my name. I really didn't change it much before I got out, either.

It's probably the geek in me, but I spend a great deal of time thinking up what handle I want to use. You can hear what a weird-o I am in that regard on the GSpot Radio interview. :redface2:

I am Belle here and I use another name on all the other online boards I'm on. Both of those handles have become nicknames and I wouldn't dream of changing them. When I see people in person or talk to folks on the phone that I originally met online, they always call me "Belle" or by my other online handle. I call Rascal, Rascal (so does my mom); I call BOWTWI, "Bow"; Abigail is "Abi" and Sushi is "Verb" or "Sushi" in person.... We all call Paw, "Paw" in person....most of us do, anyway...I can't imagine him using a different handle. :unsure: doesn't mean he doesn't though...

Yeah Belle, I have lived that too. I am on a football board and has several teams on it. One day the Tampa Bay Bucs fans and us Carolina Panthers fans met for a tailgate party before the PANTHERS and bucs game. It started at 7:00 in the morning and we went and watched the game then back to the taigate area for a few more hours of partying. We called each other our board names the whole time.

Edited by justloafing

He is either Satori or Rocky.

You're joking, right?

I have been around here since the early days of Waydale and GS Cafe and one thing has always had me curious.

What other name does Paw post under? I am sure that he must have another alias so he can rant and rave as we all do here without compromising his position as head chef. I have had my own idea as who that may be but I just can't figure it out for sure. I myself have had at least 6 differant names in the last 6 years here.

Let the guessing begin.

Pawtucket posts under any name he wants because, uh.... he's the moderator! :)

Betty Boop, I have to ask: Why do you keep changing your name?

One thing I enjoy about sticking around this place for so long is getting to know the personalities and views of my fellow posters. Serial name changing sorta puts a money wrench in that, it would seem.

So I'm curious. Why do you feel the need to keep changing your name? It's your privilege, of course--just wondering.

Maybe I'm a stick-in-the-mud, but I stand by my words (and on a few occasions have had to apologize for their errors or hastiness). I don't see how I could do that if I kept changing my name without letting anyone know. I could say something outrageous or mean or inflammatory, then come back the next day as someone else and no one would be the wiser. I'm not saying that's why you do it, but it does happen.

Also, if Paw posts under another name so that "Paw" can remain a neutral entity, I doubt that he'd reveal the other name(s) here. Wouldn't that sorta defeat the purpose?

I agree, Linda. It's hard to respect and think of someone having integrity who hasn't been around long enough to establish themselves. I know the folks who have been here a long time and having that estabished reputation - good or bad - lends some sort of credibility to their posts.

Not that new folks don't, but the longer someone is around and the longer you read their posts, the more weight and value they have to their name. I also think, too, though, that folks who are more "connected" to GSpot and the posters in many ways, have that identity that they've built and they value it as much as those who read their posts. If I changed my name all the time - even when I was under another handle, I don't think it would have had the same impact as it did - especially to the WAYGB....but I guess you have to listen to my interviews with Paw to really understand that statement. ;) shameless plug alert!

I changed my name here once because I got into too much trouble. And once, while here as Jonny Lingo, I also came here as "Frankee", the green, naieve, exhuberant kind of a guy that you would have seen at the Rock with a yellow bless patrol hat on standing on the corner in tent city pointing his finger as a "bless gun" at passersby and saying; "Bless! Bless! Bless!" Yeah, you remember those type of folks at the Rock. But, I let old "Frankee" drift into the cyber void and focused on being Jonny Lingo again. I only wanted to be "Jonny Lingo" because I thought it was funny, and something a number of people might have remembered from Corps training in residence...

Now, back on Waydale, and possibly here too in the beginning of GS, I was "Curious George" Curious George was a character who would, in a benign way, simply ask questions of fellow Ex Ways, and then usual end the post with "just Curious....."

I think Pawtucket is actually a woman! "He's woman baybee, yeah!" Possibly, "CoolWaters?"

I think Pawtucket is actually a woman! "He's woman baybee, yeah!" Possibly, "CoolWaters?"

Well, if Paw is a woman, she uses some really sophisticated technology during her Greasespot Radio interviews!

Maybe he's Betty Boop, trying to throw us off the track?

George (my real name)

So, what's the deal, Betty??? Are you gonna post and run to post under another name?

Why do you ask? Why does everyone have to be as deceptive as you are? Why can't Paw be one, like the rest of us, who stands behind his posts and what he says?

Who else are you? Why do you think you know something the rest of us don't - or don't believe?

So, what's the deal, Betty??? Are you gonna post and run to post under another name?

Why do you ask? Why does everyone have to be as deceptive as you are? Why can't Paw be one, like the rest of us, who stands behind his posts and what he says?

Who else are you? Why do you think you know something the rest of us don't - or don't believe?