GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy 6th Anniversary GSC and THE thread

Suda

April 21 - A reason to Celebrate

Six years ago today, the GreaseSpot Cafe opened it's doors, and the famous THE thread was posted. Many thanks to Pawtucket (and Raf) for all the good times. Time to celebrate!

AY6NX75057.jpg

Feel free to post your favorite GSC memories/moments/happenings here in celebration.

Mine was finding the Chat Room. Nice to place to unwind at the end of the day. Come join us anytime!

(And, can you believe it? I actually started my very first thread and posted my first picture. Old girls can learn new tricks!)

Edited by sudossuda

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

THANKS, SO MUCH PAW!!!!

Gosh, has it REALLY been SIX YEARS???? OMG! I've been here since day one and only been "out" just over a year....coming up on my two year anniversary in August. :biglaugh:

Great memories? Lots of 'em....

The first one that comes to mind is ChicagoBird's heart wrenching and tender posts....then to the Dobby is Free!!! thread to the "I can't post anymore" thread. :(

and

TWYRIL going through much of the same :wink2:

and

Abigail going through much of the same

and

Me going through much of the same

My heart rose and fell with each one of our kicks in the gut and then triumphs.

Orange Cat always bringing a smile and levity to everyone's day

Wyoman posted a lot of things that really helped me

FreshAir - man did that guy know his stuff and the inner workings of TWI

Radar - exposed so much about TWI and had helped so many people

John's letter to Rosie, her assinine replies and his resultant getting kicked out of TWI

Me telling John about a Limb Meeting in their area so he could "crash" it :biglaugh:

Posts flying so fast it was practically impossible to keep up

So much doctrinal error being exposed - Research Geek's Top 10 getting posted

Catcup's posts....I'd LOOK for her name and that cool avatar when I signed on

WashingtonWeather and me passing book long e-mails back and forth

Rascal, chinson, Hope, Radar, Sushi, Abigail, Linda, Ron, HillsBro....the chat room was always full of people

Remember when the chat room showed IP addresses occasionally or someone would type something they didn't mean to and we'd have to "clear the screen"?

We knew the WAYGB was lurking in the chat room because there wasn't a way, at that time, to make it show who all was in the room.

:dance: Great Times and Great Memories!!! :dance:

The Sloppy Joes are on me today!

6th Anniversary.

It's been an interesting journey thusfar. The forums are where GS started. People from around the world involved in or affected by The Way International have come here. Some for information. Some to talk. The pages have run the gamut from despair to joy. Fights abound and friends are found.

I like this place

On the 6th annivesary, I wasn't sure what to do to commemorate it. I've been busy working on GS Radio quite a bit and this date snuck up on me. I threw out to a few asking what we should do. The girl jumping out of a cake lost out to a special episode of GS Radio. Taking the reins as interviewer is none other than Rafael and he interviews none other than me. The volume fluctuates in the first few minutes so be forewarned. I will adjust that this evening.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/audio/Episode3.mp3

The girl jumping out of a cake lost out to a special episode of GS Radio.

Hey! Where are you all? I jumped out and there was noone there!

Going now to clean off all the icing.

Sigh

Warn a girl next time will ya?

Edited by Shellon Fockler-North

Good job, Raf! Larry King, look out!

Paw, the production you referenced was "Jason's Story" (Or Jason's Song-hard to remember exactly). Very well done. A far cry from what I've heard about AOS.

Can't wait to see the Don Johnson look! I'm partial to pastels!

As one of the "earlier on'ers"-I say Thank You. Thank you for having the insight to understand our feelings for closure. You gave me the answers I'd been looking for for twenty years. Thank you for sticking it out.

Just finished segment one of GS Radio #3 - so interesting!

Listening to it is a perfect way for all GSCafers to celebrate this anniversary. Looking forward to the next segment!

Six years? WOW!

How many of you remember when we all sat around the computer, on the milenium, waiting to see if we'd blow up or something?!

I remember each area of the country reporting in that they were safe and all was well...even the folks in New Zealand! We'd watch the east coast turn midnight, then the west. It was great. I think chat was real new then and we mostly had to us IM's.

Thanks, Paw, for taking on the mantel of WayDale and turning it into the GreaseSpot Cafe. Oh, I mean, uh, for starting GreaseSpot ALL ON YOUR OWN! Ha. To heck with the Way and their stoopid ways... :evildenk:

We've all come a long way, haven't we?

Happy anniversary one and all....................Here's to those who have worked so hard to get things up and running, and to those who still work hard so that we have a nice place to chat, share and heal.

Thanks Paw and Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer: