GreaseSpot Cafe

Women - have you had yours yet

Abigail

Hey Abigail. I have been getting them annually since 1991. Had a lump removed in 1995. All is ok.

The first one was the worst due to fluid buildup, but they have come a L O N G way since my first one.

Just had one in January of this year. Not bad at all.

Thanks for reminding our precious womenfolk of this!!!! :eusa_clap:

My wife had several lumps checked and then they found cancer. Since the cancer was found early she survived.

I have known three women who have died from breast cancer.

My wife is 11 years in remission now because of early detection.

Please dont wait. Do it now.

If you want to know why I'll give you a few reasons.

The first is your kids. Do you want them to not have a mom.

For the second go visit a cancer hospital. Cancer sucks.

**** Posted by Abigail - as obviously Sushi is neither short nor female************** :D

Bramble, I am short too and mine didn't really hurt at all - it was just some pressure, but not pain.

"Who did you go to? Mine were horrible! Well, all except one. The girl must have known what she was doing that time. Some of them think if they don't make you squeal they aren't doing their job."

I had mine done at the county hospital. They have a "breast clinic".

"Please dont wait. Do it now.

If you want to know why I'll give you a few reasons.

The first is your kids. Do you want them to not have a mom.

For the second go visit a cancer hospital. Cancer sucks."

Yeah, Ex70, my mom died from breast cancer. She knew she had a mass in her breast that was cancerous and needed to have surgery - but she put it off because she didn't want to be in the hospital during the summer months. By the time she had the surgery, it was too late. The cancer had spread to her lymph nodes.

Edited by Sushi

go get them if they hurt or not!!

2 friends and i from our fraternal club started "the pink sock foundation"

we have had fund raisers since last june and this june at our convention we will present a check for around 11 grand to the maine cancer soc. all of it will go to breast cance research and counciling with no administrative cost we are happy about this and our goal is that this will become a nation wide charity for our club :beer:

I've been squished. A few times. No, it's not pleasant and I feel like I'm playing "Twister" with my body when I'm in there, but the ladies are so kind, modest and really do a good job of putting me at ease.

I'm sure most of us know at least one person, if not more, who have had to deal with breast cancer. Just this year three of my friends have been diagnosed with it. It's certainly better to be safe than sorry and the earlier it's caught the better the chances of a positive outcome.

The last one I did hurt, I told the girl it hurt and she gave the VICE another swift turn. I screamed and instinctively tried to run, only I was pancaked in the vice. So, that hurt even more, the whole floor heard me scream as it was at a woman's center.

I had some offical people come in and refused to continue, I had to sign a release for them to let me go. AND I was bruised for a long time and sore for over a year. I do not know what she did to me but putting a bra on was painful on the smashed side for over a year.

I have not gone back and I will not, I know the risk. But never again

Dot,

My mom-in-law had the exact same experience as you did. She was sore for over a year. I have to think it was not done correctly. It shouldn't be unbearably painful. Please reconsider at a different location.

Abigail, thank you for the reminder. I'm long overdue and needed the kick.

Dot, the hospital where I go to has state-of-the-art equipment. It is very uncomfortable for the few seconds that I am 'pancaked' in, but then as soon as they release the 'vise', the pressure goes away almost immediately.

As I said in my previous post, I had fluid buildup the first time, and it was painful. That was in 1991. Back then, they tightened the grip and had to go stand behind a wall, shoot the xray, and then come over and release the grip. Now, as soon as they take the xray, they have a remote control thingie that releases it immediately.

Check into another clinic. Somewhere in your city, they have to have the newest equipment available.

Good to see you posting again. :love3:

What she said - lol. Also they have these new spongie cushions that they place on the bottom side, which also eases the the discomfort.

and I have to add - the pancake description only furthers the idea that mamograms are awful. Going into my first one, I had a mental image of this huge giant metal vice like machine that was going to flatten my rather large breasts into a literal pancake sized thing - it was very intimidating. In reality the machine was not metal, was not particularly huge and while they did smoosh some - the result was nothing even remotely near a pancake.

Dot, honey,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Find another facility and get them done! My first several were horrid, and I had one like you describe at the hospital in the town where we used to live. Now, I go to the hospital where I work, a cancer hospital with top notch equipment, and women who specialize in mammography. Also I'm totally off hormone replacement therapy now and she said that was what made it so much better for me.

And no offence to the young'ns, but I personally am leary of chipper young girls who do mammograms. Since they don't have to get them they tend to be basically unconcerned about the agony they are causing. Every technologist who performs mammograms should have their breasts squeezed before starting their work. IMO of course.

WG