GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

Eagle's double CD, Long Road Out Of Eden It's about twelve dollars at Walmart. I know, I know. It's Walmart. But it's a great CD set.

Favorite songs on there: Do Something, and also Too Busy Being Fabulous. The title track is an amazing protest song. I speak as someone in the heart of Petroleum Club Country. I have students who have been the soldier trying to make it to dawn. You'll understand when you hear the song.

I recently purchased the same CD. Always been a fan of the Eagles and both of those songs happen to be my favorite as well. I remember a time when Joe Walsh was in the Jame's Gang band. I saw them play in Akron and have liked him every since then.

Right now I'm listening to Dan Fogelberg -- Run for the Roses -- never did understand the point of that song but always liked how it sounded.

Hi Larry

Yeah, we Clevelanders got to see quite a few who went on to bigger things.

Joe stepped into The James Gang to fill the guitar spot when Glenn Schwartz departed to join Pacific Gas and Electric.

(Are You Ready?)

And then there was Grand Funk, Bob Seger,(Detroit) Eric Carmen, Sonny Geraci, Glass Harp and, of course, The OJ's.

If you are in that area, you might be interested to know that Glenn plays around town with his brother Gene(bass player for many years for Robert Lockwood) and they bill themselves as The Schwartz Brothers.

Run For The Roses:

Well, You probably know it's about the Kentucky Derby.

I guess there's some kind of parallel to be drawn about working toward a goal.

Last I heard, Dan Fogelberg(writer of said song) was fighting a battle against advanced prostate cancer.

Your Long Journey----written by Doc and Rosa Lee Watson

From the Raising Sand CD by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss

Yeah, I know, an unlikely combination.

(but it works)

Powerfully haunting.

I can't stop listening to it!

Did I mention it's powerfully haunting?

Paw-

We've got to talk. First you post Traffic's Mr. Fantasy as what you're listening to and then Steve Miller? You're obviously a man of good taste. I wore out my Sailor album back in the way. I am now working on wearing out the CD. Traffic is always good, but Mr. Fantasy holds some special memories. John Barleycorn Must Die also is on my "wear out" list.

Interesting listening here. The Monkees. He-he-he. Who would listen to that group? Oops, looks like I listened to "Listen to the Band" an ole Mike Nesmith song.

While on the road, I listened to Gregg Allman's Searching for Simplicity (the pre-master version.). Right now, listening to a little Hot Tuna.

The Masterherbalist

Oh migosh! Last night, my brother and I watched that entire Tom Petty concert with Stevie Nicks in his new media room. It was amazing....Also watched the Eagles concert in Australia with Joe Walsh, and then moved on the Bruce Springsteen Live in Dublin.

Can't wait to see what's on the venue for tonight!

QUEEN ROCK MONTREAL!................a great band...........live in montreal with all the original members, including freddie!........just finished a kick-butt version of bohemian rhapsody, as only they could do it!!.........................peace!

Edited by Don'tWorryBeHappy