GreaseSpot Cafe

Name Our Business

CoolWaters

We have gone into the towing business...and we can't think of a name for the business! icon_eek.gif

So I says to my husband, "I know a group of very creative folks who love to do this kind of stuff." He says to me, "Oh yeah? Who's that?" I says back to him, "Well, it's the GreaseSpot folks." He says, "OK! It will at least be worth a laugh."

We're just a little outfit...one truck...and we want the name to express that we're affordable, reliable and available 24/7...but Reliable Towing, Affordable Towing and 24/7 Towing are all taken by other outfits.

I thought of Tow U Now...we liked it...for a couple of days.

I also thought of The Pick 'Em Up Truck...but my husband thought it was too girly and childish...and too much to say/remember.

He thought about using his and our son's initials...but what are you going to do with B and M that is in good taste? LOL

He doesn't want to use any of our actual names...he's just way too much like Dharma's dad on Dharma and Greg...you know...don't alert 'the man', man... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

He did suggest Snatch Towing...but...well...funny but tasteless...ya know? Tee hee.

So here I am.

Remember that it would be nice if the name could project reliability, affordability and accessibility...as well as being something catchy that folks will remember...AND something that I can easily work into a logo that will fit on the doors of the truck. (Not picky at all...am I? LOL)

Thanks ahead for any and all suggestions! icon_smile.gif:)-->

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

365 Towing

Anytime Towing

Towmasters

Cheapass Towing

Mistle-Tow (popular at Christmas)

Allweather Towing

Ditch-Defying Towing

The Pillsbury Towboy (*groan*, er, *giggle*)

or,

The Happy Hooker (might get the wrong sort of calls...but there's no such thing as bad publicity)

If I were to have my car towed, first of all, I'd want the tow company to be careful. Looking up careful on an online thesaurus, I came up with:

Precise Towing

Alternately, I like "Draggin Wagon"

Something I saw as a kid on a tow truck.

I like the idea of B & M towing and the logo BMT. It sounds professional. Its short initials and easy to remember. Also, B is towards the beginning of the alpabet so it would be up towards the first for towing in the yellow pages in the telephone book, which is always a plus.

Hi...don't know what you charge..BUT if say you charge $30 or $29..or $59....call it $29 Dollar Tow service...makes a statement about the price right up front & is an immediate means of the customers comparison mentality. Put an astrick next to it with the subline of "prices may very...ask our representative"..but naming the price as the biz name is a good option IMHO