GreaseSpot Cafe

What happened to TWI from the fun 70's

RumRunner

Funny - there is so much polarization on GSC these days - and lots of it from us old folks. I don't really care who posts what and don't care much about moderation or sparing anyone's feelings (for you TempleLady - and yes I agree with you) And yes I dislike TWI as much as anyone on here - a few who know me - well they can tell some somewhat rebellious stories -

But ya know what I miss the most??? Back when we were just a bunch of hippies playing Jesus freak - going to the ROA and lighting up before going to a concert at the main stage - Maybe listening to some Jerry Garcia afterwards and talking about God - not PFAL.... we never talked about PFAL back then - it was just God - and fun. Ooops - I am probably posessed for thinking fondly of those thoughts - grins.

Rumrunner-

THose are your precious memories and we have the right to hold on to those. Those were special days for many...I have many fond memories of experiencing love and miracles, I do not allow the other bad things that happened to me rob me of those nor do I let people try to misinterpret the good in life..cheers!!

Heck I had good days in the 90's....go figure!!

Edited by likeaneagle

Rumrunner-

THose are your precious memories and we have the right to hold on to those. Those were special days for many...I have many fond memories of experiencing love and miracles, I do not allow the other bad things that happened to me rob me of those nor do I let people try to misinterpret the good in life..cheers!!

Heck I had good days in the 90's....go figure!!

Thanks Likeaneagle...

Funny - there is so much polarization on GSC these days - and lots of it from us old folks. I don't really care who posts what and don't care much about moderation or sparing anyone's feelings (for you TempleLady - and yes I agree with you) And yes I dislike TWI as much as anyone on here - a few who know me - well they can tell some somewhat rebellious stories -

But ya know what I miss the most??? Back when we were just a bunch of hippies playing Jesus freak - going to the ROA and lighting up before going to a concert at the main stage - Maybe listening to some Jerry Garcia afterwards and talking about God - not PFAL.... we never talked about PFAL back then - it was just God - and fun. Ooops - I am probably posessed for thinking fondly of those thoughts - grins.

Yeah... what happened?... :( Well, the answer to that has been plastered all over the place here. Too bad too, sounds like a whole group of you were having a wonderful time... having fun, talking about God... how sweet is that :)

I miss it too, Rumrunner. The best friendships of my life were made during those times. And the atmosphere of fun and caring was a huge motivating factor in sinking our lives into the circus of Wayworld.

Unfortunately, it all got swallowed into the sinkhole of lies, betrayal and personal destruction.

I would, however, like to be able to relate what good experiences I did have without getting slammed for doing that. (Not that I've been slammed, but I've seen snide remarks made about people who do.) Who the !!el else could I possibly talk to about those times except for people who were there?

So, I'll treasure the good times (the ROA, the good twigs and Way homes, the good WOW moments, the time we dressed up my car to be the Mystery train so we could be a float in a college parade), etc.

I won't forget the bad times, and won't want anyone else to go through them. That's why I'm here. But like WWII vets, only people who were there can truly understand what we went through, and if I want to share it, I will.

The seventies were vastly different from the eighties. And the nineties were horrifically different from the eighties. So what gets shared (IMHO) is based on the backdrop of the times you experienced.

So, I'll treasure the good times (the ROA, the good twigs and Way homes, the good WOW moments, the time we dressed up my car to be the Mystery train so we could be a float in a college parade), etc.

I won't forget the bad times, and won't want anyone else to go through them. That's why I'm here. But like WWII vets, only people who were there can truly understand what we went through, and if I want to share it, I will.

Dittos Tops! Well said!

RR...I never lit up before the ROA main tent. (I actually had dropped my "lighting up" by then. :biglaugh:)

Yet I have some very fond and deep memories....and those I will always treasure. Especially the long talks in the wee hours...with friends like you dear Rumrunner...and drives in the Wisconsin country side... :wave::drink::wave:

(Remember that song: "Milwaukee..Where the Air Smells Like Beer"? or something like that. :) )

I apparently missed out on those "good old days" because at my first ROA ('78), when I sneaked into the Way woods for a couple of :spy: this was only followed by an overwhelming sense of PARANOIA.

Bummer.

Danny

Good thing you didn't get the *munchies*!! :biglaugh:

Wow burgers were expensive!!! :blink:

:spy:

I'm the first one to claim that the "good old days" of twi are a myth...the real good old days were the people who lived their lives honestly with heart felt expectations and free spirits...yes, I smoked dope at the roa in 1976 and had a great time!

I remember sitting in my tent at the roa passing a doobie and alternating between way productions music and the Greatful Dead...of course, we learned that we were "immature Christians" and soon shed those fun days for stringing chairs at Emporia and goosestepping to the mog's directives...

...and soon we became homogenized wayfers...but when I first got in twi (1975), we used to have great fun...and people came to our twig in droves. When twig ended, the beer came out of the fridge and the joints were rolled...it never crossed our minds that there was anything wrong with what we were doing...no judgemental attitudes, nobody was trying to climb the waytree, and the egos were subdued...we simply loved each other and had great fun...

DAY-UM!! I hate I missed those days! We were already at the two drink limit by the time I got there and, even then, if you had the full TWO allowed you were considered, ah, playing with fire. :nono5:

If'n y'all wanted to recreate some of the "good ole days", I'll be more than happy to participate. :spy:

I gave up smoking stuff when I took PFnAL in 1974...it was already being frowned on by "leadership" even then. To be honest, I was ready to give it up...I was tired of the muchies and the paranoia that went along with it.

Maybe, we can all meet at Rhino's and have a Pig Roast..Sleep in the barn..and have night owls..I will teach:)

Well, I'd have to clean 50 years of coon crap out ...

I only want to be taught about making wine ... good old daze ... my long hair TC told me to quit ... and I did ... but my calculus brain cells were all dead by that point ...

Edited by rhino

I always liked ROA(anyone ever considered maybe renting out Red Rocks in Colorado?), but never smoked weed or had sex. On other chat about 90's WP, still liked JN, GS, PDSTARO, Selah/PV, Hope, Agape, Tom Lepinski.

Edited by pawtucket