GreaseSpot Cafe

Manifestation of Prophecy

GeorgeStGeorge

Just wondering (I hope it hasn't been addressed here already)...

VPW (the Man of God for his day) said that the manifestation of prophecy was in evidence in the OT.

LCM (the Man of God for HIS day) said that it wasn't. (OT "prophecy" was revelation.)

What is TWI's current teaching on this?

George

Actually, George - - ol' VP taught that some prophecy WAS revelation. If it was "foretelling" of something in the future that was going to happen, then it had to be by revelation. If it was "forthtelling" it was just speaking it forth, a la the manifestation of prophecy.

He taught that 7 of the manifestations were evident in the OT with the exception of SIT and interpretation of tongues. Those were only evidenced after Pentecost (yeah, THAT Pentecost).

Simplied version, but you get the idea.

J.

He was a numb-skull too. :B)

I often wonder where Martindale got the chaputz to change so much of what Wierwille taught...I mean, it's common knowledge that loyboy wasn't too sharp at "working the word"...his knowledge of Greek and Aramaic were dismal, and he had nowhere near the overall knowledge of the bible that many of his peers in twi had...but yet...once the "mantle" was laid upon him, he thought that every fricking idea that entered his numbskull was revelation?

I can still recall listening to king okie give his 15 minute words of prophecy while at Emporia...he would go on and on and on...........................................and on. :blink:

but yet...once the "mantle" was laid upon him, he thought that every fricking idea that entered his numbskull was revelation?

What was that saying he used to have about *numb-skulls*?

Oh yea --- now I remember!!! ;)

Loose screw en la cabeza!!

:spy::spy:

God first

Beloved GeorgeStGeorge

God loves you my dear friend

The Way Ministry said that only 7 manifestations were available in Old Testament times

but I say all nine were used in Old Testament times

does not a dream of pictures that needed interpretation = dreaming in tongues = speaking in tongues

When these dreams are given a interpretation = dreams with interpretation = tongues with interpretation

So I believe the greater than that came was Christ in us by seed -- rebirth -- while in the old Testaments it was adoption by works but today its adoption by birth

I all so recall written Craig a note telling him its not the God of Abraham, nor the God of VPW but the God of Craig M

then I said VPW is dead and gone the class needs to be remade

He wrote me and told me VPW class was good enough

then a year later he got Revelation to make a new class

Now I was wrong about it once being the God of VPW or the God of Craig

But the point I am making is that my what many of us have wrote Craig over the years has made it become revelation

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Actually, George - - ol' VP taught that some prophecy WAS revelation. If it was "foretelling" of something in the future that was going to happen, then it had to be by revelation. If it was "forthtelling" it was just speaking it forth, a la the manifestation of prophecy.

He taught that 7 of the manifestations were evident in the OT with the exception of SIT and interpretation of tongues. Those were only evidenced after Pentecost (yeah, THAT Pentecost).

Simplied version, but you get the idea.

J.

I knew that. Craig's point was that ALL OT prophecy was revelation (as Penguin notes). Amazing how many peole accepted the "new light" without blinking.

And yes, Ex, my name is George St. George. What's yours?

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

I knew that. Craig's point was that ALL OT prophecy was revelation (as Penguin notes). Amazing how many peole accepted the "new light" without blinking.

Hmmm. That *new light* must've been powerful.

Powerful enough to get the *Deer In The Headlights* effect, from the flock, eh?

Droll, Groucho! just like your namesake. Actually, VP got it from Jack Edwin Stiles and Brian George(or is it

Gregory) Leonard(now taught be Evelyn his widow, living in Texas), who in turn got it from Lester Sumrall and Smith Wigglesworth, plus Dennis and Rita Bennett, Sam Storms, John Ireland, Charles Bryant, John Wimber(once associated with Ted Wise), etc. Where Craig got his version, uuuh. Now, there was an imbecile.

vpw's version (which was someone else's version with vpw's name on it)

also fit in with his teachings on number in Scripture

(which was Bullinger's version with vpw's name on it.)

7 (Divine Perfection) to 9 (Judgement).

Means judgement's at hand-which it has been since Pentecost.

6 (IMperfection) to 9 (Judgement).

Means God didn't do it right the FIRST time,

and now judgement's at hand.

Probably stems from lcm's inability to understand nuance.

According to the vp system,

a prophet could exercise the manifestation of prophecy

(which works like the modern one.)

or could speak for God to God's people.

If God was designating him to pass along such a message,

then it was "word of knowledge"

(or "word of wisdom", depending on content.)

Despite the name connection, an OT prophet wasn't forced to ONLY

use "prophecy"- he could use the gifts of healings,

or any of the others (if they were around,

which, apparently, tongues was not.)

After Pentecost, they could use all 9.

(Like Agabus, say, from Judea. After Pentecost, he could

use all 9. Doesn't say if he DID use them, but he COULD.)

Sprawled out,

I can't remember what he based it on--he was changing so many other things and terms by that point that good wayfers were just trying to keep up with the new stuff so we didnt get reproved for holding to old wineskins. I could try to look it up-but really dont want to be reminded of the teaching and put that stuff back in my head again. :blink:

does it matter?!?!?!?? this whole question and i pose this as an answer not a rude insult

if it comes from GOD then it comes from GOD

ie a prophet is one that speaks for GOD< therefore saying what GOD told him to, or what GOD taught HIM too, ie prepared him to.

a prophet / prophecy and revelation [word of wisdom word of knowledge] i see very closely intertwined

i do not think all prophets were walking around, hearing then saying, hearing then saying, i think often they were saying what they had heard---past tense from GOD. still the message is FROM GOD.

alot of what the way did they did to put themselves on a pedestal, ie they didn't do this, but we now do, crap.

instead of humbly and thankfully being in GOD's presence and respecting that GOD was allowing them to take part in what HE was doing.

pride cometh before a fall, and fall they did,

As much as I enjoy a good, spirited debate, I was really only trying to find out what the current status of TWI teaching on the subject was. Penguin summed it up in her(?) first post. If anyone actually knows why LCM changed the doctrine, other than just to show he could, it would be interesting to know that.

George