GreaseSpot Cafe

way corps scum

excathedra

The reason I left the Corps was because I began to turn into scum and caught myself.

After leaving, whether scum or not, I was treated as scum by the local Corps in Delaware and Columbus.

Exie is not scum. I know scum. And let me tell you, Exie...you're no Craig Martindale.

Whether Craiggers is scum remains in the opinions of the women forced to sleep with him.

I will not call him scum. Let them call him scum.

Eagle

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For more ministry wisdom and quotations from the likes of Simon, Ex, and Mr. Tuttle you must read the 9th Corps thread from beginning to end.

It's the new "class" of our day and time. U'll be healed and blessed. Someone is working on its publication of one liners contained in its red thread.

Edited by igotout

For more ministry wisdom and quotations from the likes of Simon, Ex, and Mr. Tuttle you must read the 9th Corps thread from beginning to end.

It's the new "class" of our day and time. U'll be healed and blessed. Someone is working on its publication of one liners contained in its red thread.

I second that, igotout. Any time I need a laugh, I can almost ALWAYS find it in the 9th Corps Thread!!!!

Yeah,Hiway29,...that German couple in the "Changed" film...Glad somebody recognized it...

Well,I can certainly vouch for excie that she wasn't scum before she entered the way corpse...In fact,I nary heard a cuss word come out of her mother-kissin' mouth...It wasn't until after she joined greasespot that she started becoming so abusive...Plus,turning 50 probably makes those redheads a little more ornery...

I don't know,...threads like this come up here often at gs...There's an old expression---you can't teach a pig to yodel,or something like that...I think just like with cops,you'll find that some power hungry control freaks join them to express some kind of authority over others as well as folks who genuinely want to'protect and serve'; the same could be said for scum--er--people who joined the way corpse.......

HEre is why I joined. :biglaugh:

What is the Ways Corps?

Not ancient walls and ivy mantled towers

Where dull denominational traditions

Rule with heavy hand

Believers' deeply springing powers

Not spacious pleasure courts

Or lofty temples of athletic frame

Where devotees of sports mistake a pass-time

For life's highest game.

Not fashion or renown

Or wealthy patronage and rich estate

No, none of these can crown the Ways Corps with light

And make it truly great.

But equipped believers, ambassadors strong and wise

Who teach because they love the teacher's task

And find their richest prize

In eyes that open, and in minds that ask

You may PUKE scum now!!

Edited by igotout

But equipped believers, ambassadors strong and wise

Who teach because they love the teacher's task

In eyes that open, and in minds that ask

I'm not sure if this means anything, but after I read that I took all the chairs in the house, put them in rows, and used string to get them perfectly straight.... and put masking tape down to mark the corners ... must be some sorta subliminal trigger :blink:

I'm not sure if this means anything, but after I read that I took all the chairs in the house, put them in rows, and used string to get them perfectly straight.... and put masking tape down to mark the corners ... must be some sorta subliminal trigger :blink:

Reminds me of friday nights at a house in irving. Where 'hot bible' was taught by a loving, caring, tender branch coordinator. :rolleyes: Well, at least his wife was.

Signed,

12th_Scum :biglaugh:

"I know people who are scum - who haven't moved the Word! Why?! I'll tell you why..."

Oh geeeesh Jardinaro - you have re-activated a sleeper program [then the voice getting lower, and in a very Zombie-like drone] Rhino - hand me the string - your last row is a little crooked - hurry now, before others get here - they will not be able to receive anything...

Oh, my GOSH. You guys make me bust a gut.

But what John said about the 9th Corps thread is absolutely true; it's just us, loving one another, and living life, over a few years' time.

I loved your poem, John; thanks for the memory. I still try to do that at work; I suppose that I'll always be an idealistic stupid teenager at heart. (Is that so wrong?)

I went Corps because I wanted to be the best, and to be with the best. Despite the fact that the Way turned out to be cr@p (gorsh, Gomer - - Did I just type a curse word?), I still believe that most of the Corps went in for that same reason.

Now, we are a diaspora of folks who want to do right by the world. We are trying to accomplish that, person by person, because the group thing just didn't wash.

We are still here. We still try to make a difference.

I got into the Way for the right reasons. I left the Way for even more RIGHT REASONS. To lurkers who are still in, please consider where you will be in a few years, if you remain. Think about the life that your children will be faced with, if you are still in.

Yikes.

God is still here, after the Way. Personally, I gthink that I can hear Him better now.

love, niKa

Reminds me of friday nights at a house in irving. Where 'hot bible' was taught by a loving, caring, tender branch coordinator. :rolleyes: Well, at least his wife was.

That house was defiled ... LOL

I'm not sure the wife that covers for such a demon is so innocent ... but biggill when his veins weren't bulging was such a sweet guy ... too bad he appeared ready and able to snap your neck when he was in "inspirational" mode. I heard many feared him. Dum bass tard (him, not you :) ) I guess that was the new corpse they were looking for.

Thought you'd like to know.

HCW informed me that this poem WAS properly attributed.

However,

I myself never heard the attribution,

and I bet most of you didn't.

"What constitutes a school?

Not ancient halls and ivy-mantled towers,

Where dull traditions rule

With heavy hand youth's lightly springing powers;

Not spacious pleasure courts,

And lofty temples of athletic fame,

Where devotees of sports

Mistake a pastime for life's highest aim;

Not fashion, nor renown

Of wealthy patronage and rich estate;

No, none of these can crown

A school with light and make it truly great.

But masters, strong and wise,

Who teach because they love the teacher's task,

In eyes that open and in minds that ask.

(Henry Van Dyke)

=================

Seems that's not the entire thing, either.

(Henry Van Dyke)

"What constitutes a school?

Not ancient halls and ivy-mantled towers,

Where dull traditions rule With heavy hand youth's lightly springing powers;

Not spacious pleasure courts, And lofty temples of athletic fame,

Where devotees of sports Mistake a pastime for life's highest aim;

Not fashion, nor renown Of wealthy patronage and rich estate;

No, none of these can crown A school with light and make it truly great.

But masters, strong and wise, Who teach because they love the teacher's task,

And find their richest prize In eyes that open and in minds that ask;

And boys, with heart aglow To try their youthful vigour on their work,

Eager to learn and grow, And quick to hate a coward or a shirk:

These constitute a school,--

A vital forge of weapons keen and bright,

Where living sword and tool Are tempered for true toil or noble fight!

But let not wisdom scorn The hours of pleasure in the playing fields:

There also strength is born, And every manly game a virtue yields.

Fairness and self-control, Good-humour, pluck, and patience in the race,

Will make a lad heart-whole To win with honour, lose without disgrace.

Ah, well for him who gains In such a school apprenticeship to life:

With him the joy of youth remains In later lessons and in larger strife!"

==========

If we'd had the internet back in the days of twi, vpw would have

been SO pinched.

I was just WOW slime.

I was pretty happy just being slime. Never really had the desire to upgrade to scum status. You know, all that floating on top business...

However, at times I kept pretty busy doing the bidding of some of you scum.

Edited by Goey

"They're drinking Southern Comfort...

smokin' cigs with a smile...

It's a more than abundant life sponsorship-style..." :spy:

Edited by T-Bone

There are 24 mainfestations of the Scum (12 X 2, Are You Limiting GOD??).

I thank my God I speak in Scums more than ye all.

Sexie, see what you've started?? Git on back to the 9th Scum tread.

Also, I doubt there are any Scum Alum here. Only Dropped From Active Scum.

I scum to the Jardinero alone ...

On our last vacation, my dearly beloved (also ex10 scum) forgot to use his jet-style packing technique, and we had to pay extra denaro for his suitcase being too heavy.....GRRR. :nono5:

Anybody still got their notes??? I need them quick like, cause we go on another vacation at the end of the month. :spy:

(Hey, I'm kiddin.)

Edited by ex10

On our last vacation, my dearly beloved (also ex10 scum) forgot to use his jet-style packing technique, and we had to pay extra denaro for his suitcase being too heavy.....GRRR. :nono5:

Anybody still got their notes??? I need them quick like, cause we go on another vacation at the end of the month. :spy:

Au contrere',...it was more likely due to the 'Jet Style Packing' discipline that resulted in your beloved's weight overage on his suitcase....Jet Style Packing,world reknowned for it's 'rolling' method of shirt,trouser and underwear storage as opposed to the 'fold and crease' philosophy of packing popularized in western cultures,allows the traveler to,in effect,store more personal items in virtually every size and shape of both checked in and carry on luggage...While Jet Style Packing also reduces the overall effect of garment wrinkling,it unfortunately all too often results in the traveler being assessed extra denaro,or semolians or drachmas and of late,euros,to compensate for overweight baggage....

My suggested to your beloved would be to launder all items to be packed,place suitcase next to clothes dryer opening and with a single arm motion slide clothing directly out of dryer into suitcase....This method is also a great way to 'redeem the time'....

Why thank you, simonzee, I will humbly accept your instruction on the error of Hub's (not mine, of course) ways. I'm sure J is meek, and will heed the wise words of a fellow scum. Thanks for correcting that doctrinal error.

And I think I'll tell him not to pack the saxaphone this time.