GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Corps

I Love Bagpipes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, but I didn't even tell you what I did that offended the guy. Heh, send me a PM if you want to hear the whole story. I've told it many times in chat, so won't bore everyone here by re-telling it.

I am still not totally comfy giving away such a unique thing like that in a post, as I still have family that are in TWI. I'd hate for TWI to make their lives any harder due to anything I would say. *sigh*

If they want to learn how to plan and organize then maybe they should live life. Get up get showered get dressed go to work. Don't forget your lunch etc. Seemed like a stretch to make an experience that has turned cold sound interesting.

What happened to grow 10 years in 1. lol

You mean there is still an in-residence Way Corps? Do they (both) share a room?

Edited by Twinky

No, don't want the Corps any more. I did once. Until we were told in an apprentice Corps meeting how much "better" and more "elite" we were for joining it. This disturbed me and I think one other guy. We didn't join for that reason. We kind of thought we were doing something for God and that was what made us so proud.

We both later quit after viewing abuse. If I could go back in time and had decided to stay I would have violated every stupid idiotic rule they had that was completely worthless and frankly asked why we were doing more work around the farm than attending classes. After all, it WAS supposed to be an educational program complete with a degree.

Eagle

Perhaps it's time for someone to have a "red-balloon" revelation, declare the Corps program to be an old fores.., uh, I mean old wineskin, and dismantle the program. Even in their "rosiest" daydreams, the Corps program has to be considered a failure. The vast majority of people who've gone through that program are not only not in "leadership" positions in the Way, but no longer even associate with that organization.

There could even be a bright side to this: They would no longer have to pretend they're training leaders to go forth spreading their message. They could consolidate their efforts into focusing on their primary mission.

Whatever that might be.

:who_me:

Boy, sounds like times have sure changed since I was in the WC. We had to hitch all over the place (LEAD, to H.Q. in Ohio, Gunnison, etc.). The only "plans" we ever made, was, stick out your thumb and get there.

Now, that I'm older, when I travel, its - got the credit card? Some cash? Gas in the car? Mapquest driving directions? Go!

Edited by Sunesis