GreaseSpot Cafe

Dreams DO Come True!

Belle

I have always loved the Subaru Baja since they first came on the market. When we were shopping for a new car for me in 2004, I really wanted a Baja or a Honda CRV. My ex didn't like either one of them and refused to even consider them. The Baja would have required a loan since we didn't have that much cash, but the Honda we could have afforded. :(

We ended up getting a Mazda Protege, which I really like and loved having after putting over 175K miles on my Nissan Sentra.....BUT I had really wanted a Baja or CRV.

Well..... today I went to a local Subaru dealer and bought the most beautiful, loaded 2004 Subaru Baja with only 32K miles on it. I got a very sweet deal and only had to finance $6K. :biglaugh:

I'm such a happy camper!! I must have had the biggest grin on my face driving out of the parking lot and all the way home. Actually, I still have the biggest grin on my face. I know this would have never happened if I was still married and/or still in TWI.

It's just so exciting to me to realize how much more wonderful the quality of life is outside the walls of TWI. I hvae a great job, a great house, a beautiful yard, a brilliant dog, incredible neighbors, awesome friends, a family that's priceless and now, my dream truck! I have to pinch myself in the mornings. I'm so sad for those who are still trapped in TWI and even more sorry for those who are fooled into thinking they are the ones living the more abundant life.

Hey there Belle -- Congrats! I've got a Subaru Legacy that I really like. Great cars. :)

I know you don't have to worry about snow down there, but mine plowed through the snow up here just fine last winter, even though it only sits about 10 inches above the pavement.

All wheel drive is a wunnerful thing! ;)

The John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon is held up here each winter, and Subaru is a major sponsor providing a fleet of the Baja's to the various teams, their handlers, etc. These are economical, practical, and efficient vehicles to make it back into the woods through all the snow, getting to the various checkpoints hauling food, water, etc., for the dogs and contestants.

Have fun!!!

(Ps. ------ did you really drive straight home after you bought it????) :biglaugh:

SubaruGif.gif

Edited by dmiller

When I met my ex-husband, he had a Subaru Brat -that sassy little truck with the 2 hard plastic seats in the back. It's what I learned to drive stick on. That was an awesome vehicle for the two of us. We camped every weekend weather permitted.

When bow jr. came along he sold it and he got a Chevy Luv and I got Dad's old Ford Elite (another awesome car!), which had plenty of room for the carseat. Ha! Back then, 26 years ago carseats weren't required by law in WI. (I used one anyway.) Nor were safety belts for another 8 years. I'm starting to really feel like a grown-up these days.

That is a very, very cool looking truck, Belle. I still haven't taken the plunge and replaced my Taurus with a VUE. Maybe I'll test drive a Baja before I do...

Waiting for a pic of you in it!

Enjoy your new Baja! You certainly deserve it! :dance:

Congrats' Belle

Now here is what you're goign to do:

1. Drive to a nearset major airport

2. When you see the great big Airforce cargo plane (C130)...drive over to it and they'll load it up for you

3. After your lovely, calming & relaxing 21 hr flight, drive off onto the Baghdad International airfield

4. Turn right, turn left, go straight, turn left 12 times, turn right 13 times go straight; honk the horn

16-1/2 times, I'll come running out of my clinic and we can test drive it in the sand

What do you think?

Welcome to the Subaru cult. I'm an "old grad" with a '99 Outback for me, a '04 WRX for my wife and a '98 Imprezza for my daughter.

If you have any questions, there's a pretty good newsgroup called alt.autos.subaru that I check everyday. Be aware that you have to be careful about replacing and rotating tires on a Subaru and that not all repair places are competent to work on them as the engine and powertrain are way different from most cars. Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions.

Congrats on your new ride!!!!

I was so excited when we got our VW Beetle Convertible last year!! I know how it feels to get exactly what you want :)

Ignore my husband's offer on the test drive in Baghdad. He tries to recruit folks to "come over and play in the sand" But we all know better :biglaugh:

Funny thing is....after a year of having the Beetle, there is NO trunk space and I am an admitted shopaholic. So we recently added a Toyota Rav 4 (tiny SUV) to our driveway. I can put our daughter and 3-4 of her pals and all kinds of merchandise in there.

But....I love your Subaru, the pics are great. Wonder if Medic would throttle me for car shopping agan??

Thanks so much, Y’all!! I’m just tickled to pieces. Had this grin on my face all week-end and this morning getting to show it off at work. Shoulda seen the face on this one guy I passed this morning. He was really confused and trying to figure out what it was. LOL!

David – that’s really cool about the John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon! Thanks!! And, no, I took the loooooonnnnnggg way home. *grin* I put about 200 miles on it this week-end.

OFM – ROFLMAO!! I think I’m gonna keep thinking on that one. ;)

Jim – Thanks a bunch! I’m sure I’ll be picking your brain. I plan to have all my maintenance done at the Subaru dealership where I bought it. Surely, they know how to take care of my new baby, right? Thanks for the links, too!

Medic’s Wife – Don’t think I properly welcomed you to the café. WELCOME!! Your husband is a delight and I see he has most excellent taste. :) I agree with you and think I’ll stick to the local sandbox. ;D I love the RAV4 and looked at the CRV, but the Baja stole my heart from the first day I saw one. I’m just tickled pink to have one of my own.

It’s such a good feeling to be able to share good news with y’all and have you really happy for me. :) Thank you soooooo much!! I’m so used to trying to hide when good things happen because it made some people in TWI jealous or would generate a bunch of questions to make sure we didn’t “break any rules”. :/ Vixen has given her stamp of approval on it and promptly spread pupkiss all over every window yesterday. I had to clean the windows last night so people could actually see inside when I got to work today. LOL!

Hey, Belle, I really like the Baja also. My hubby is a major FORD fan so I have owned Fords for over 9 years, plus my best friend works at the local Ford dealership......SO a Baja is probably out of the question for me at this time, BUT I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep enjoying life and all good things will come to you. That I trust will happen for you. :eusa_clap: