GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is. :)

The three quotes are from Garak during his time sharing the holosuit "James Bond" adventure of Julian Bashir.

WordWolf, in this case it's not just "a holo-program can kill people". The patterns of the Defiant's crew was stored in the DS9 computer after an accident and if a character was killed in the holo-simulation, the signature of that person would be deleted from the computer as a result. So any action that would terminate the program might kill one of Julian friends. A bit more twisted than the simple "killed while the safeties were off" kind of death.

He had to stall until Eddington and Nog where able to save them by transporting them back (and there it gets technical and I get lost)... and he did that by following the lead of the "bad guy" and destroying the planet.

Last quote was Garak inviting himself back for another adventure with Julian.

I guess that means it is your turn now, WordWolf...

"Listen to me, Sirah. You must return to bed. To be out here... in your condition..."

"Your concern touches me, Doctor.

But I'm in the hands of the prophets."

"Instinct. The Ninth Rule of Acquisition clearly states "opportunity plus instinct equals profit.""

Edited by WordWolf

"Listen to me, Sirah. You must return to bed. To be out here... in your condition..."

"Your concern touches me, Doctor.

But I'm in the hands of the prophets."

"Instinct. The Ninth Rule of Acquisition clearly states "opportunity plus instinct equals profit."

"Instinct."

"That's not gonna help."

"I think it does. Thank you, Nog."

"Good. Let's celebrate."

"Celebrate... ?"

"I took one of my uncle's security rods."

"What are we gonna do with that?"

"I don't know.....We could swipe Odo's bucket."

"Are you kidding?"

"A bucket?"

"We'll give it back."

"Once upon a time, there was a Dal'Rok. He lived there...In the woods... and he hated the village... and all of the villagers...

and wanted to see them destroyed. "

"Nog, we've been sitting here over an hour. Let's go play some ball in the Holosuite."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because baseball is slow and boring..."

"And you can't hit my curve ball."

"It's a stupid game that even humans stopped playing hundreds of years ago."

"Maybe. But you still can't hit my curve ball."

Is it "The Storyteller"?

...The DS9 episode where O'Brien had to take the place of a guy in charge of telling a story about a thing (it looked like an ugly cloud but I can't remember what it was) that interacted with the emotions of the people in town... *bites her nails* *isn't quite sure*

Is it "The Storyteller"?

YES!

...The DS9 episode where O'Brien had to take the place of a guy in charge of telling a story about a thing (it looked like an ugly cloud but I can't remember what it was) that interacted with the emotions of the people in town... *bites her nails* *isn't quite sure*

The title for the storyteller was the Sirah. The "ugly cloud" was the Dal'Rok.

One of my quotes was when O'Brien tried to tell the story without help.

I thought it was worth noting the episode said humans STOPPED playing baseball,

since we saw later episodes with humans playing baseball. :)

Maddy, your turn!

:D

New quotes, then:

"It's late... I think it's time we returned Doctor Bashir's body to him..."

"After all, what is a person if not the sum of their memories... ?"

"You're asking me to hand my body over to some... dead person?"

Edited by Maddy

"In a sense I am. After all, what is a person if not the sum of their memories... ?"

"aren't you happy to see me?"

"Of course... but... where's Jadzia... ?"

"It's all right... I told her I wanted to come see you, and that we'd meet at Quark's later... I'm going to give that little toad the scare of his life..."

"Now you sound like Odo..."

"I see the two of you are having a good time..."

"As good a time as two gentlemen can have without the company of a lady... please, join us..."

"Excuse me while I slip into something more appropriate... I love being a changeling..."

"I've decided to stay where I am... in this body..."

"In a sense I am. After all, what is a person if not the sum of their memories... ?"

"It's all right... I told her I wanted to come see you, and that we'd meet at Quark's later... I'm going to give that little toad the scare of his life..."

"As good a time as two gentlemen can have without the company of a lady... please, join us... Excuse me while I slip into something more appropriate... I love being a changeling..."

"I want my memories back."

"I'm sorry. I realize this is difficult for you, but you'll get over it. Trust me, it's better this way."

"For you, maybe. You and Odo. You're both living out a life you never could have had otherwise. But it's my life you're living... those should be my memories."

"Something wrong, Chief?"

"It just occurred to me... once that kid gets out of the Academy, I'm going to have to start calling him "sir." "

"So now that you know... you can see why it's best for both of us that I stay here, in this body..."

"Why? Because you loved me... ?"

"Because I still love you..."

Is that the one where Jadzia meets all of Dax's former hosts?

Yes!

The episode is indeed Facets. The one where Jadzia goes the the zhiantara ceremony to interact with Dax's former hosts.

The Guardian to Jadzia and Julian after his body was used by Torias:

Kira, when Jadzia asked her if she was Lela:

Quark, when Jadzia asked all of her friends to participate in the ceremony:

Sisko and Odo as Curzon:

And Jadzia joins them:

"As good a time as two gentlemen can have without the company of a lady... please, join us... Excuse me while I slip into something more appropriate... I love being a changeling..."

Odo as Curzon informs Jadzia of an odd decision:

And later on, Jadzia confront Odo/Curzon about it:

"I want my memories back."

"I'm sorry. I realize this is difficult for you, but you'll get over it. Trust me, it's better this way."

"For you, maybe. You and Odo. You're both living out a life you never could have had otherwise. But it's my life you're living... those should be my memories."

Julian and O'Brien. This is part of another plot of the same episode, Nog pass his exam and will be recommended by Sisko to join the Academy:

"Something wrong, Chief?"

"It just occurred to me... once that kid gets out of the Academy, I'm going to have to start calling him "sir." "

Odo as Curzon explains Jadzia his odd decision:

"So now that you know... you can see why it's best for both of us that I stay here, in this body..."

"Why? Because you loved me... ?"

"Because I still love you..."

Your turn now...

NG. I forget the exact title, but it's something like "10011001". "Binars" hijack the ship to use its computer banks to store all their world's info during some big EMP event. They use a holosuite hottie ("Minuet") to keep Riker on board, because they will need someone to reboot them, later.

George

"I do not know how you managed to transfer secret information to the Romulans... but I will find out."

"Pahtak -- !"

"And when we inform the Klingon High Council, they will put you to a slow death."

"Are you... aware... of any other Romulan-Klingon connections that Starfleet Command might have encountered recently?"

"I don't believe... what Starfleet Command knows or doesn't know is for me to reveal."

George