GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting difficult to come up with new clues here. Especially since I'm only really familiar with TOS, and Next Gen. Oh, Ive watched DS9, Voyager, and even got into the season of Enterprise when they were in the weird part of the universe, trying to save earth. The other series just don't resonate with me, so I 'm limited in what I'm going to post.

I'll come up with one-I just am at a loss at the moment, and no time right now.

• 1 month later...

After a month, I guess I can jump in. :rolleyes:

"I am an actor. I play many parts."

"You're an actor now. What were you twenty years ago?"

"Younger. Much younger."

"Did it ever occur to you that he simply might like the girl?"

"It occurred. I dismissed it."

"You would."

"Even in this corner of the galaxy, Captain, two plus two equals four. Almost certainly, an attempt will be made to kill you. Why do you invite death?"

George

"Worlds may change, galaxies disintegrate, but a woman... always remains a woman."

"All this, and power too. Ceasar of stars. Cleopatra... to worship him."

"You are like your ship. Powerful, but not human. There is no mercy in you."

"He is Kodos. And I've shown him more mercy than he deserves."

"Younger. Much younger."

"You would."

"Even in this corner of the galaxy, Captain, two plus two equals four. Almost certainly, an attempt will be made to kill you. Why do you invite death?"

George

"Worlds may change, galaxies disintegrate, but a woman... always remains a woman."

"All this, and power too. Ceasar of stars. Cleopatra... to worship him."

"You are like your ship. Powerful, but not human. There is no mercy in you."

"He is Kodos. And I've shown him more mercy than he deserves."

"Younger. Much younger."

"You would."

George

Is it the Shakespeare play episode?

Edited by Human without the bean

Actually, there were a few NG episodes which involved Shakespeare, usually with Data acting out some role. The quotes, however, are indeed from the original series episode, "The Conscience of the King." Witnesses to war crimes were being killed whenever a particular acting troupe was on their planets. Although the lead actor was, in fact, the war criminal Kodos, it was his daughter who had been murdering the witnesses.

You're up, my man. If you can't remember enough lines from an episode, feel free to google. It's okay to do that when giving clues, just not when answering!

George

Actually, there were a few NG episodes which involved Shakespeare, usually with Data acting out some role. The quotes, however, are indeed from the original series episode, "The Conscience of the King." Witnesses to war crimes were being killed whenever a particular acting troupe was on their planets. Although the lead actor was, in fact, the war criminal Kodos, it was his daughter who had been murdering the witnesses.

You're up, my man. If you can't remember enough lines from an episode, feel free to google. It's okay to do that when giving clues, just not when answering!

George

Here's one for you.

A message goes to the Enterprise for Capt. Kirk from a minors planet for help to find a killer. Spock and Kirk transport down to start an investigation to find the killer. They find a lot of broken silicon nodules all over the floors of the mine. Kirk beams down a search party to join him. They split up and search different directions in the mine.

"Don't wait Captain,shoot it now"!

"It doesn't seem to be doing anything".

"I'll be right there."

Later Dr. McCoy beams down.

"By golly Jim, I'm beginning to think I can cure a rainy day."

"If winning is not important, then Commander, why keep score?"

"Abandon ship; this is not a drill. All personnel, this is not a drill. I say again: Abandon ship, all personnel, this is not a drill. Abandon ship."

"Our ship has been commandeered by a force of unknown size and intent. We're here alone. We must assume the worst."

George

It's obviously the original series episode "Devil in the Dark," where we meet teh rock-dissolving Horta species.

Human, you don't have to give so much detail in the clues. Just give the quotes!

I'll get a new one up soon.

George

hmmmmm,..... Speak for yourself George, I wasn't even born back then. >snicker<

Human, I'll be needing all the clues there are with older shows. Don't listen to Captain George,......

wave.gif

hmmmmm,..... Speak for yourself George, I wasn't even born back then. >snicker<

Human, I'll be needing all the clues there are with older shows. Don't listen to Captain George,......

wave.gif

Haven't seen you in a while, Gen-2. Glad you're back.

That said, the point of this game, like the other "Name That..." threads is to guess the episode from the QUOTES. In fact, it's acceptable in THIS thread to give a plot summary as the ANSWER (if you can't remember the title). It's okay to pick more obvious quotes (ones that name names, for instance); but I prefer to be a bit more obscure at first.

Oh, and you WERE born when the episode whose quotes I just posted was aired. ;)

George

Haven't seen you in a while, Gen-2. Glad you're back.

That said, the point of this game, like the other "Name That..." threads is to guess the episode from the QUOTES. In fact, it's acceptable in THIS thread to give a plot summary as the ANSWER (if you can't remember the title). It's okay to pick more obvious quotes (ones that name names, for instance); but I prefer to be a bit more obscure at first.

Oh, and you WERE born when the episode whose quotes I just posted was aired. wink.gif

George

Well, that was probably Data to Cdr Riker, but beyond that - I dunno.... ...really

And thanks George, for the welcome back - ;)

Still, Human missing a bean, ---- George knows way too much for Star Trek stuff! ...See,... I know he'd guess the quotes first.

My favorite Star Trek Quote would be,... (and I don't know a lot of them)

"Make us fast"

Well, that was probably Data to Cdr Riker, but beyond that - I dunno.... ...really

(snip)

I remember Worf saying that to Riker when Worf was off playing Parisses Squares and promising to win.

I don't remember which episode the exchange came from, but I remember the exchange.

It was, indeed, Worf to Riker. More clues:

"A blind man teaching an android how to paint? That's got to be worth a couple of pages in somebody's book!"

"I love all jazz, except Dixieland."

"Why not Dixieland?"

"You can't dance to it."

"This is Lt. Cmd. Data speaking for the Captain. Abandon ship; this is not a drill. All personnel, this is not a drill. I say again: Abandon ship, all personnel, this is not a drill. Abandon ship."

"Our ship has been commandeered by a force of unknown size and intent. We're here alone. We must assume the worst."

George

I'm with you Gen-2. Details never hurt.

The thing is,

if people are STUCK, it's ok to throw in A clue or A detail,

but as it is, dumping the plot like that took all the accomplishment

out of remembering the right one.

BTW, I could have gotten it from Bones' comment about curing a rainy day.

It's my favorite line from the entire original series.

(I'm really not sharp on most of the original series, aka "TOS".

However, a few posters here are...)

It was, indeed, Worf to Riker. More clues:

"A blind man teaching an android how to paint? That's got to be worth a couple of pages in somebody's book!"

"I love all jazz, except Dixieland."

"Why not Dixieland?"

"You can't dance to it."

"This is Lt. Cmd. Data speaking for the Captain. Abandon ship; this is not a drill. All personnel, this is not a drill. I say again: Abandon ship, all personnel, this is not a drill. Abandon ship."

George

Ok, the exchange about Dixieland was Riker and "Minuet", the holographic projection

the Bynars used to keep him on the ship but in the holodeck so he couldn't stop them.

Was I the only person who thought that Starbase guy was meant to look related to Picard?

Or to Sean Connery? Or both?

This was the episode fans call "Binary" because we can't remember the exact order of

the ones and zeroes. The official title is something like "11001001".

I'd check, but I'm not allowed to look it up when guessing.

The title is, in fact, "11001001." I suppose you could remember it as "201," but there's nothing obviously significant about that, either! :)

I think that my favorite part of the episode is when Picard adn Riker call off the destruct sequence. "Does the First Officer agree?" "Yes! Yes! Most definitely, Yes!" (or something to that effect)

Full speed ahead, Mr WordWolf!

George

The thing is,

if people are STUCK, it's ok to throw in A clue or A detail,

but as it is, dumping the plot like that took all the accomplishment

out of remembering the right one.

BTW, I could have gotten it from Bones' comment about curing a rainy day.

It's my favorite line from the entire original series.

(I'm really not sharp on most of the original series, aka "TOS".

However, a few posters here are...)

The quote that would have given that one away would have been "I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!"

but I still wouldn't have been able to give an episode title, I don't think I ever bothered to remember any of them.

The title is, in fact, "11001001." I suppose you could remember it as "201," but there's nothing obviously significant about that, either! :)

I think that my favorite part of the episode is when Picard adn Riker call off the destruct sequence. "Does the First Officer agree?" "Yes! Yes! Most definitely, Yes!" (or something to that effect)

Full speed ahead, Mr WordWolf!

George

You're thinking of the autodestruct sequence during "When Silence Has Lease".

With something like 10 seconds left on the countdown, the Captain and First Officer

were shutting it down.

"...Ten seconds to auto-destruct..."

"Captain..."

"Abort auto-destruct sequence."

"Riker, William T., do you concur?"

"Yes! Absolutely! I do indeed concur! Wholeheartedly!"

"Auto-destruct canceled."

"A simple 'yes' would have sufficed, Number One."

"I didn't want there to be any chance of a misunderstanding."

It was the "Wholeheartedly" that most of us remembered. :)

Edited by WordWolf

The quote that would have given that one away would have been "I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!"

but I still wouldn't have been able to give an episode title, I don't think I ever bothered to remember any of them.

"You're a doctor, that's a patient!"

I can name a FEW episodes of TOS. I know more names, but I can't always match the names

to the episodes with those names. So I can actually guess a name with no memory of

the episode. (Generally I don't guess them CORRECTLY when I do that.)

If you want to brush up on your TOS, YouTube AND CBS.com both seem to have the series.

http://www.cbs.com/classics/

http://www.youtube.com/show/startrek

You're thinking of the autodestruct sequence during "When Silence Has Lease".

With something like 10 seconds left on the countdown, the Captain and First Officer

were shutting it down.

"...Ten seconds to auto-destruct..."

"Captain..."

"Abort auto-destruct sequence."

"Riker, William T., do you concur?"

"Yes! Absolutely! I do indeed concur! Wholeheartedly!"

"Auto-destruct canceled."

"A simple 'yes' would have sufficed, Number One."

"I didn't want there to be any chance of a misunderstanding."

It was the "Wholeheartedly" that most of us remembered. :)

Interesting. I would have sworn that it was from "11001001." I must be getting old. :wacko:

George

Next episode.

"Main Bridge."

"Repeat command."

"I said, Main Bridge."

"The computer has been slow all morning. A processing accelerator is down."

I think I know this one. If I'm right, "Minuet" appears again. I'll let the others work on it for a while.

George

"Main Bridge."

"Repeat command."

"I said, Main Bridge."

"The computer has been slow all morning. A processing accelerator is down.

Commander La Forge is running a Level-1 diagnostic to isolate the problem."

"I'm running a level 1 diagnostic!"

"For thirty hours? That would never take you more than four. You're incapable of that level of incompetence, Mr. La Forge!"

"I could get used to the idea of a Ferengi Ensign..."