GreaseSpot Cafe

It's the @#$%? Anniversary of The Way today!

bliss

Yeah, D, thanks. I suspected they would harmonize. As they finished the anthem (of the sun?) the camera was on Dusty Baker who was smiling. Barry Bonds and Matt Williams were on camera shortly after. That was Dusty's 1st season as Giant's manager. They won 103 games that year yet missed the playoffs. Sadly, the guy on the left, Vince Welnick, recently killed himself. Some of the search hits I found about him say he was bar none the best musician the dead ever had. He seemed to be directing traffic immediately before they started singing.

Yeah, D, thanks. I suspected they would harmonize. As they finished the anthem (of the sun?) the camera was on Dusty Baker who was smiling. Barry Bonds and Matt Williams were on camera shortly after. That was Dusty's 1st season as Giant's manager. They won 103 games that year yet missed the playoffs. Sadly, the guy on the left, Vince Welnick, recently killed himself. Some of the search hits I found about him say he was bar none the best musician the dead ever had. He seemed to be directing traffic immediately before they started singing.

Suicide -- too bad. :( Damn!! Yea -- (In answer to your question) ---

He was setting the tempo, at which they would sing.

So he and Jerry are both gone, eh? :( :(

Thought about the crowd roaring -- when Jerry was introduced,

and then Bob.

and then Vince ---

And then as *San Francisco's own* Grateful Dead

What a history they had..

TWI was incorporated in 1955 so the corporation is only 51 years old.

64 - 51 = 13. There's a 13 year discrepancy, any numerologists want to comment on the number 13?

Seth

Thanks for reminding us of this... any innie lurkers watching & reading here?

Where or when does the extra 13 years date them back to? When Mr. Wierwille graduated from seminary? I don't know off the top of my head, but it couldn't be too hard to find.

Wonder what the explanation for this one is? ` :nono5:

Big day, big day, big day.

Wow, I get to miss it.

All I can remember is humping television cameras and cable over to the "Cultural Center" and humping them back when it was over. Can't remember what the actual celebration was...

Big day, big day, big day.

All I can remember is humping television cameras and cable over to the "Cultural Center" and humping them back when it was over. Can't remember what the actual celebration was...

Quite the mind picture there, my friend. :biglaugh: I can see why you would miss that.

quote: Where or when does the extra 13 years date them back to? When Mr. Wierwille graduated from seminary? I don't know off the top of my head, but it couldn't be too hard to find.

Wonder what the explanation for this one is? `

This is just a guess. Wasn't it Oct of '42 that VP heard God speak audibly to him which led to PFAL etc. OK. I just checked and in the books of Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel those books begin with either visions of God or the word of the Lord came to...So possibly VP wanted to date the beginning of TWI with when the word of the Lord came to him.

How quickly you guys forget "your history."

September 1942 was "the 1942 promise", aka "the snow on the pumps".

October 3, 1942 was vpw's first radio broadcast. Supposedly, the name

"the way" was in the documentation of that from 1942.

However, Uncle Harry claimed they incorporated under "the way" in

1957, when they took control of the wierwille farm and bought out the

other 2 brothers.

Seth -- they may have incorporated in 1955,

but my 40th anniversary commemorative plate

gives the years 1942 to 1982.

That's what I was going off of. :)

You know what I mean, there has always been a little bait and switch going on over on the farm in New Knoxville. Years being fudged for credibility sake. From what I understand VP wanted to try and keep the year Emporia was established as the same year "The Way College" was founded, 1882 see this link so there's my point.

I'm guessing if VP could get away with it at the time he would have made the founding date of TWI the year his first ancestor immigrated from Europe to the United States.

Seth

I'm guessing if VP could get away with it at the time he would have made the founding date of TWI the year his first ancestor immigrated from Europe to the United States.

or maybe that's why he was so interested in pinpointing the date of Jesus' birth in Jesus Christ Our Promised Seed, so he could date the beginning of the ministry from then.

Hmmmmmmmm. :thinking:

:biglaugh:

I thought I remembered reading in The Way: Living in Love Mr. Wierwille dated the beginning of his independent ministry from the start of his radio show, the Vesper Chimes Caravan Hour (I'm not sure of the exact title, someone help me out here), which was around October 1942.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by Kevlar2000