GreaseSpot Cafe

VICTORY!

RumRunner

This morning was the first time in a year that I could get my socks on unaided by my kids! I know that is kinda trivial but it is a giant victory for me after the hips got replaced. Thanks for all of your prayers, good thoughts and support over the last few months of recovery!!!!

Victory is never trivial, RR! :eusa_clap:

Victory causes joy in yourself and others around you! :dance:

I'm happy for you, Rummy

Glad to hear that your making progress. How is the pain management going?

Almost zero for weeks now Groucho> I haven't been ony meds since the second week out of the hospital. First tme I haven't been in chronic pain for 15 years man...

This morning was the first time in a year that I could get my socks on unaided by my kids! I know that is kinda trivial but it is a giant victory for me after the hips got replaced.

Trivial is the wrong word. Small may fit, but only to the extent that (as I see it) it is a beginning, with bigger things to come. I guess in ways you are a young kid now.

Of course, I suppose you have lost some of that being waited on....but I doubt you are complaining about that!

:) :) :)

Hooray for your victory. One small thing, then another, and soon you're back to your old self! Looking forward to celebrating that victory with you, too.

After my third knee surgery, remember how grand it was to be able to put on my socks alone for the first time. The last challenge of dressing myself I had to master. To the point where I can wear low heels again for short periods of time. Things just get better every day. Sure they will for you too!

Suda

Almost zero for weeks now Groucho> I haven't been ony meds since the second week out of the hospital. First tme I haven't been in chronic pain for 15 years man...

Unbelievable!...I can't tell you how happy I am for him. For those of you who don't know the background...Rumrunner and I have been friends for 40 years...we grew up next door to each other.

I remember when he he could go into a full sprint and run like the wind...

To hear that he's pain free for the first time in 15 years...well, I just don't have words..... :)