GreaseSpot Cafe

New WAP Class?

2fortheroad

I hear there is a new Way of Abundance and Power Class starting soon. I'm curious if anyone knows who is teaching, what it's about...I wonder if it's going to be new wine in an old wineskin, or old wine in a new wineskin? :unsure:

Edited by 2fortheroad

I am told by other posters here that it is a merged class of old PFAL and WAP(minus Craigs wierd interpretations), proably more slanted towards Wierwille's Power for Abundant Living.

I know for a fact it's OLD WINE in NEW WINESKINS.

"Thare goin' back to the basics Ma.."

A lot of Pfille with a lil bit of Wap.

It's taught by.....................huh, I ferget naw, I think staffers, Co%#ter, maybe...............I will have to check me sources.................(heheheh) :evilshades:

They haven't had any "so called new wine'' in a looooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngg time.......

prob since Craig got revelation, I mean, made up the HOMO/Eve thing...............

Craig taught that man's original sin was Eve having a lesbian experience with the Devil who incarnated himself into a woman. He said that's the reason Wierwille's teaching on man's original sin never took off because it wasn't quite the whole story.

They are both lunatics IMHO, and none of their doctrines are to be trusted.

Having never taken king okie's "class", I cannot give a first hand account...but from all I've heard, it was quite a departure from Cornfield Vic's version...not to mention a departure from Vic's down home, folksy style of luring victims in...Martindale started right from the get go, screaming and spitting all over himself. when he get's to the part where Eve's a rugmuncher, it's really hysterical. His approach to biblical research was akin to Moe Howards approach to performing brain surgery...he totally ignores what certain verses actually say and "leaps" into his fantasy land of homophobia with mental gymnastics and convoluted logic that would make any true theologian wince with horror.

...Although I would actually like to get a copy of it on CD with all the visuals...It would make for great entertainment...sitting around drinking beer and laughing my arse off.

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

Yeah.wap was totally different than pfal,pfal made sense the word(even though certain errors pointed out here in gs)worked people got healed I know I did.Wap was wierd disjointed,Pelag,for instance,Oh about 4000

years agos the earth spilt,cause craiggers said "In the days of Pelag,tha earth was divided"

Certainly that meant all the continets split and get this it was orderly minumum disruption ok.

The trinity thing was like this either believe my version or hit the road,yep way for people to come to a knowledge of the truth.Easily to be intreated?

I think I still have a copy of wap somewhere.

Twi would be better to go back to basicsCannot use the original,not copywrighted,and ole loy said no one could teach pfal cept for vic,you know new light for a new time what worked then will not work now

application changes,whatever...

I hear there is a new Way of Abundance and Power Class starting soon. I'm curious if anyone knows who is teaching, what it's about...I wonder if it's going to be new wine in an old wineskin, or old wine in a new wineskin? :unsure:

New class came out last March 06.

John Rupp teaches first two sessions

Steve Longley teaches sessions 3 to 6

David Chavoustie teaches sessions 7 to 12

Class is more structured than either PFAL or WAP (originals both rambled all over the place) but teaches much of the same doctrine. The teachers speak extended quotations of both previous classes as their own words and Chavoustie does a mean VPW. Credit is given to VPW, LCM gets no mention at all. The sessions all bare the same titles as the previous WAP but some sessions are complete retooled. Yes the Gen 3 eve/homo teaching is gone, but many other less sensational but equally illconceived concepts remain.

One addition is the pre-recorded session reviews by Bev Coyle, who's smile shines so brightly in makes that view just a bit uneasy.

...And on it goes. No mention of king okie's name?...I'll bet it had something to do with advice from their lawyers...

...so who is this Chavoustie?...never heard of him...of course I've been out since 1987 (that's nearly 20 years. :) ). For those of you who have just recently left, let me tell you that after 20 years out, looking at twi is like listening to a Firesign Theatre album. It's all laughs.

..."Chavoustie does a mean VPW." ...does this mean we have a new target? Teaching sessions 7-12 means he's the closer. Who knows, if things don't work out for him with twi, I've heard that Benny Hinn has a real dog and pony show that's making big bucks...maybe he could latch on there.

...but seriously folks :biglaugh: , without a class to market, they'll hit the wall harder than Mr. MaGoo playing alai lai. Fresh blood, Martindale's name omitted, looks like they've decided on their marketing strategy. I sure hope it flops...they deserve nothing but failure. Something about lying in God's name and using people that chaps my arse.

I dunno if having a new class is enough to help TWI recover from all their sins. That much time is a huge commitment and most people aren't going to arrange their schedule for something that long and demanding on their time.

The churches I've looked at have a class that's and introduction to their church and faith but it meets conveniently on Sunday mornings for about an hour and is only a four to six week class depending on the church. The rest of the classes they offer are extremely optional and there is no obligation, no invitation, no tracking or otherwise feeling of requirement on the part of the individual.

Groups like Landmark have week-end long retreats that last from Friday night through late Sunday afternoons and it's a full immersion with very little sleep for that time, but one week-end or one week of nights isn't too much to ask, but 13 three hour sessions?? Quite unrealistic these days, imo. No matter how good the class is - and we already know it ain't all that.

Edited by Belle