GreaseSpot Cafe

The Lads From Liverpool are at it again

waysider

According to Associated Press writer David Bauder, Tuesday ,11/21/06, is the release date set for a brand new Beatles album. It will be titled,simply,"Love". This project is the work of Giles Martin who is the son of George Martin. It was recorded primarily at Abbey Road Studios.

The album melds and mixes familiar Beatles tunes. Here is an example: "Strawberry Fields" combined with "Hello,Goodbye","Baby You're A Rich Man","Penny Lane" and "Piggies". It all sounds pretty unlikely but the project is said to be endorsed by both remaining Beatles as well as the two widows. I think I'll reserve my judgement until I hear it.

According to Associated Press writer David Bauder, Tuesday ,11/21/06, is the release date set for a brand new Beatles album. It will be titled,simply,"Love". This project is the work of Giles Martin who is the son of George Martin. It was recorded primarily at Abbey Road Studios.

The album melds and mixes familiar Beatles tunes. Here is an example: "Strawberry Fields" combined with "Hello,Goodbye","Baby You're A Rich Man","Penny Lane" and "Piggies". It all sounds pretty unlikely but the project is said to be endorsed by both remaining Beatles as well as the two widows. I think I'll reserve my judgement until I hear it.

Let's put it in context. The Beatles agreed to let Cirque Du Soleil create a Vegas show based on the Beatles music. The show opened earlier this year to rave reviews. George and Giles Martin were given persmission to take all the beatle recordings and make a montage of music for the show.

The music sounded good enough that with a little tweaking would be it's own record, loosely a soundtrack to the Vegas show.

Beatles.com is doing a free listening party this weekend. So you can go there and listen to the whole album. I've listened to a good portion of it and it is a refreshing mixing of familiar elements.

They are $9.99 at Best Buy and $14.99 for the DVD 5.1 surround sound set which I bought.

Worth the every penny lots of great tracks. The highlight for me the remix for While My Guitar Gently Weeps a strong vocal with one new set of lyrics from George than the origional. Accoustic guitar and a string track done by longtime friend/producer Sir George Martin. What a masterpiece.

From the notes: During the process I was asked to write a string score ( the only new recordings) for an early take of George's poignant song While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I was aware of such a responsibility,but thankfully everyone approved of the result. Yesterday was the first score I had written for a Beatles song way back in 1965 and this score,fourty-one years later,is the last. It wraps up an incredible period of my life with those four amazing men who changed the world.

Edited by WhiteDove

I have to concur. I bought the album on Tuesday and have been listening to it quite a bit. It is a VERY different album. I don't know that I would replace any of my original favorites with ones on this album, but I certainly have some remixes to add to the lot.

For the avid fan, this is a big puzzle. You are listening to "Lady Madonna", for instance, and this familiar guitar riff happens in the middle. You know it doesn't belong there, and then you realize it is from "Hey Bulldog".

It really is a celebration on a CD.

Tom The cymbal from Sun King was turned around backwards for an effect on the track Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows. By mistake the vocals were also backwards tracked. They liked the sound of it and Gnik Nus was born. It's classic Lennon. It's a quick track 54 seconds that fades into Something