GreaseSpot Cafe

Other "prophesies," "prophets" and charismaniacs

False prophesies and false God-told-me-so predictions are not limited to TWI, CES/STFI and JAL's religious dominatrices:

1. I recall Evander Holyfield believingly talking about a fellow prophesying that he (Holyfield) was going to defeat Lennox Lewis.

2. I think Pat Robertson has three days remaining for a multitude of hurricanes to descend on and decimate portions of the United States –- else Pat will be known for an additional incident of falsely predicting a future event.

Anybody who does that should be out of public ministry, and pronto.

Let's include R. Howard Browne (the 'holy' laughter guy) for 'prophesying' that Hank Hanegriff would be dead by such & such a time. I think Hank actually went to a Browne mtg. and sat on the front row the day of or the day after the predicted date.

What I find curious is that these prophetic gum flappers are always sticking their noses in everybodies business but when something really bad DOES happen (ie: 9/11), they were as clueless as everyone else.

Ever listen to these clowns on TV? Invariably, during a broadcast, "the mog of the moment" starts spouting off all the things that "God" has told him (usually has to do with somebody giving him money)...but he never seem to receive any info that would really make a difference and save lives...where was Benny Hinn, Rosie Rivenbark or Karen Graeser the day before New Orleans got hammered?...or does "God" only talk to them about ways to make money or the gossip in another person's personal life?

spiders coming out of noses indeed! and yet, there's people who believe in these clowns. :blink:

I read a letter Michael Fort, once a dear friend, sent to a close friend of mine who had been a clergyman in the Way and was tossed out for not agreeing with the Board of Trustees on the debt issue and for refusing to move wherever they wanted him to ... he (the man) showed me the letter just before throwing it away ... in it, Michael told him that he would would be dead within a year for his disobedience ... surprise, surprise ... that was 1996, this is 10 years later and the guy is alive and well.

In case you are checking out candidates for prophets, that one prophecy alone eliminates Michael D. Fort from the selection pool. (This won't be news for all of you out of TWI, but may prove helpful to those still in.) Goes to prove the adage, "Sincerity is no guarantee for truth."

As for TWI AND for "personal prophecy" by CES and others, I will steal this line: "I've seen the fruit. I ain't buyin' the seeds."

CES has a special link to show their distaste for "gossip." When you get there you find a little poem, written by "author unknown."

To better understand these chuckle-heads, I suggest you alter the title, and each occurrance of the word "gossip," to the words "false prophecy." (If you haven't read the CES wack-job "prophesies," so-called, and at least some of the other related crap, I recommend you do.)

Before you read their little ditty, consider how CES supposedly banned gossip but unleashed in its place an evil a hundred times worse - and so typically of TWI and its spawn, in the name (and the very breath, they would have you believe) of God. This, I have determined, is because, yea verily, they are unreconstructed, cult-lovin' a-holes.

(Gossip = Graeser Operatin' Serious Spirits Imitating Prophecy)

From their website:

Gossip Poem

My name is Gossip.

I am a direct descendant of the father of lies.

I have no respect for justice.

I maim without killing.

I break hearts and ruin lives.

I am cunning and malicious and I gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted, the more I am believed.

My victims are helpless.

They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.

To track me down is impossible.

The harder you try, the more elusive I become.

I am nobody’s friend.

Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.

I topple governments and wreck marriages.

I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches, and indigestion.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows.

I make headlines and headaches.

Even my name hisses. I am called Gossip.

Before you repeat a story, ask yourself:

Is it true?

Is it harmless?

Is it necessary?

If it isn’t, why repeat it?

---------------------------

So, what'd you think? Isn't this from the same geniuses who do all the deep, biblical "research?"

You betcha. Cults may cause brain damage. Leading a cult absolutely does.

Dog lover:

I had a girl in the --th corps -- who got into some VERY strange behavior -- told her WOW sister if she married this guy (also a wonderful believer) that they would have retarded children.

They married anyway. Had three wonderful kids. Found out years later the woman in the -- corps was a lesbian who had been in love with her.... So, you think her personal life and desires were apart of her prophesy?

Kinda like your story!

• 2 weeks later...
:biglaugh:

Is there really much of a difference between fake prophecy and things like fortune telling?

Well, there are a few differences. For one, normally a person seeks out a fortune teller or psychic or card reader or what ever and pays them money up front. They don't just show up in your life claiming spiders are coming out of your nose(or your spouses')

The teller doesn't claim to be speaking the Words of God. Sometimes they even say that they could interpret things incorrectly and there could be another meanings...

The teller is not someone who has spiritual authority over your life in your doctrinal belief system.

The teller is probably not someone who holds sway over the particular religious group you are with and you don't have to obey them or else.

Your particular reading is more than likely confidential, either because no one knows you had one, no one cares, or no one see it as fodder to use against you.

A teller tends to make more $$$ if they make people fell hopeful empowered and/or happy about the future.

OK Who's the Joker?

I really just now got this in my email:

God gave me a word for you! CLICK here to give your seed and

then join me 01/19/07 at 7PM-11PM EST, and a prophet will go deeper

into this Word from God for you!

Get A Word From The Prophet

and the best part...

For only $3,000.00 I can join the 'Prophetic Circle' and have my own personal prophet on call 24 /7

Geees -such a deal!

and He's not just any prophet--but The Master Prophet

PT Barnum would be very proud...

Edited by mstar1