GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI & its President's Cabinet

skyrider

Embracing its non-profit status and "religious" by-laws.........isn't twi classified as a church.??

And yet.........how many churches have a president's cabinet? I mean, isn't the top man in the corner denomination deemed a priest, a rabbi, a minister or senior pastor of the congregation?? Sure, sure..... there's a board of directors, usually 6-12 selected members, who add another level to safeguard the accountability of church governing and finances.

But................a President's Cabinet...???????

The further and further I step back and LOOK at twi's structure..........the more it strikes me that the FOUNDING PRESIDENT structured his "presidency" with a yes-men cabinet. This structure is more fitting to an anarchy, a dictatorship, than a "church" per se.

Hey, churchgoers.........does your church have a President's Cabinet..?????

:blink:

Edited by skyrider

Maybe............its ANOTHER one of those things that twi is s-l-o-w-l-y and quietly eliminating from their founding president's obsession with power and control.

Yeah......maybe it IS slowly changing from its wierwille-idolatrous past......after all, they did change from "board of trustees" to "board of directors." Except that it STILL doesn't have the same independent oversight that churches provide for their congregation.

Twi's History:

President's Home..................check

President's Coach.................check

President's Cabinet...............check

President's Seal....................check

President's Room..................check

Founders' Hall.......................check

Founders' Burial Garden.........check

??????????????.......................CHECK

:rolleyes:

Doesn't TWI also have Homeland Security (Bless Patrol with guns), a Secretary of Defense, a Secretary of Commerce (who controls the ABS/tithing), a Secretary of Education (coordinating LCM classes) and more?

Hail to the chief.

Twi's History:

President's Home..................check

President's Coach.................check

President's Cabinet...............check

President's Seal....................check

President's Room..................check

Founders' Hall.......................check

Founders' Burial Garden.........check

??????????????.......................CHECK

:rolleyes:

And don't forget:

Steady paycheck for doing nothing……………….Check

What’s expected of a committed follower......Blank Check

Standard payment to subordinates……………….Bounced Check

Proof that God will spit in your direction……….Cancelled Check

Any church that has filed with the IRS for tax exempt status will have a church board and president of that board. In most small church this board may be made of the elders and the defacto president of the board may be the minister or it may be the "head elder." They may call it something other than a board, but for legal purposes it is a board.

My guess is that any large church that has parrishes or whatever they call them in more than one city, state or nation has some sort of advisory cabnet for its president or head. Even the Pope has a council of advisors. While I may feel that TWI's advisory board has done a really bad job of it, I'm not at all surprised that they have one.