GreaseSpot Cafe

I'd rather SEE a sermon

skyrider

Excuse me for interrupting, but do you twi vets miss/regret more the fall of ces or twi?? After all, seems your youth went with twi and then came the "revised" ces. Which organization was more disappointing and what do people miss the most about no longer 'belonging' to either?

Just curious as it seems like a very closed type of club forum, which after all these years people just keep commiserating, about the pain, the people and what happened?

bumpy, condescension gets old fast... just thought I'd let you know in case you missed it from your lofty perch...

...personally, I like to think I can spot a "poser" from quite a distance...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bumpy, condescension gets old fast... just thought I'd let you know in case you missed it from your lofty perch...

...personally, I like to think I can spot a "poser" from quite a distance...

WOW...I've been attacked? What's a poser anyway? I am trying to ask an honest question at least from my perspective and bam I'm condescending? OK, sorry to ruffle you feathers, but you all invested a lot of your time in a failed venture, maybe you don't want to hear that...more condescension I suppose. So let's leave at that. I have meant not to hurt or offend, but maybe from my "lofty perch" I saw what some should have seen?

Ciao

Bumpy, I left twi 20 years ago and didn't get involved in any offshoots and I believe there are plenty more around here with similar circumstances. After leaving I got busy rebuilding my life and until Greasespot only heard bits and pieces of what had happened to twi. This place has provided some of the puzzle pieces for me which has in turn helped me understand my life and choices a bit more.

As far as time spent here...well, I'm sure we all have different circumstances, but I know some of us read and post during slow times at work.

no attack dude... I've just gotten really tired of your act rather quickly... now, you could change your approach and then I'd grow "un-tired" of it... but don't go pulling that "who me, I was only..." stuff... give me (and the rest of us) a little more credit than that... of course, I guess if you had done that in the first place we wouldn't be having this chat would we?

Excuse me for interrupting, but do you twi vets miss/regret more the fall of ces or twi?? After all, seems your youth went with twi and then came the "revised" ces. Which organization was more disappointing and what do people miss the most about no longer 'belonging' to either?

Bumpy, might want to read around and get to know us a bit before you start generalizing and lumping us all together. :wink2: Some of us have posted our stories right here at the cafe so you don't have to read a bunch of posts to get an idea of what we experienced and where we came from. Some of us have even had the privilege of telling our stories on GSpot Radio so you don't even have to read, just listen while you're surfing.

I don't regret anything regarding TWI or CES.

My youth did NOT go to TWI - nor did one second of my life go to CES.

There isn't a single thing I miss about TWI.

Just curious as it seems like a very closed type of club forum, which after all these years people just keep commiserating, about the pain, the people and what happened?

Well, it IS a very closed type of forum - it's for people who belonged to TWI at one time. :) There are lots of forums on the web for people with specific interests.

If you think we're just commiserating year after year after year, then you really do need to look around more..... or stay in your own ivory tower passing judgment on people you don't know anything about. It's your choice and you're allowed to post what you think, just don't expect anyone to take you seriously when it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. -_-

what do people miss the most about no longer 'belonging' to either?

Miss something? are you serious? I miss not one thing about that place, life is much better, fuller, and richer since I left and gets better year to year

I hang here now because I happen to like these people

Bumpy, I left twi 20 years ago and didn't get involved in any offshoots and I believe there are plenty more around here with similar circumstances. After leaving I got busy rebuilding my life and until Greasespot only heard bits and pieces of what had happened to twi. This place has provided some of the puzzle pieces for me which has in turn helped me understand my life and choices a bit more.

As far as time spent here...well, I'm sure we all have different circumstances, but I know some of us read and post during slow times at work.

Probably a smart move 20 years ago and hope this site has helped for whatever reason. I guess you have to choose your words carefully around here and do the required 'research" before you're whacked by someone who doesn't want to hear what you might have to say. It's a privledge to be communicating to the land of "free speech" and find out how much they don't want to hear anything that might not fit the dialogue. But here in Africa, it's the least of my problems. I just thought I learned something in the Word which made people different and maybe interesting to speak with, no matter how far the distance. I guess being a "poser", I am condemned to GS damnation. So much for what I thought were people of Biblical understanding.

It's just my opinion dude... and it's just your attitude... you don't have to lump everyone else in with me although you probably will... actually I have a much stronger opinion of you after reading your posts on this and other threads... but I thought I'd tone it down a little for those that have more sensitive ears...

again, it's just my opinion... and it's free... so it's probably worth what you pay for it...

If you really want an earful, read my response to you in the CES forum... but it, too, is toned down...

Edited by Tom Strange

Hi Bumpy!

I work with two women from Africa, one from Senegal, and one from South Africa. I enjoy hearing their stories. It sounds beautiful in both parts, and the food they bring to share is to die for! I'm sorry you're having a hard time there.

As far as the fall of TWI/CES they may be dying, but they aren't dead yet. There are still people suffering abuse at both. I imagine Greasespot will be around until the end, or at least I hope so. There are people who have been able to leave TWI/CES because of Greasespot. I imagine there might be more. It would be a shame to close up shop now.

I guess you have to choose your words carefully around here and do the required 'research" before you're whacked by someone who doesn't want to hear what you might have to say.

Say something from an informed position and I'll be glad to hear it. But when you lump all TWI folks in with CES folks and when you accuse all of us of commiserating in misery, well, Bumpy, you're wrong and all it takes is a few minutes of looking around to see that you're incorrectly labeling everyone in the cafe.

Kind of like if I were to tell you all people living in Africa are stupid and like having something to complain about, else they'd be smart and move to Europe or the US.

It's a privledge to be communicating to the land of "free speech" and find out how much they don't want to hear anything that might not fit the dialogue.

There are some great discussions and disagreements even here at the cafe, but those who have trouble with respecting others are generally ignored and not taken seriously. Perhaps if you applied some courtesy and decency in your posts, you'll be treated a bit more kindly.

But here in Africa, it's the least of my problems. I just thought I learned something in the Word which made people different and maybe interesting to speak with, no matter how far the distance. I guess being a "poser", I am condemned to GS damnation. So much for what I thought were people of Biblical understanding.

Maybe you should read this. We're not all Christians on here. We're not all followers of PFAL or any other doctrines taught by TWI. We also happen to get along rather well despite our differences in our beliefs.

If you want people to respond kindly and to take what you have to say seriously, perhaps you should consider doing the same. It seems as though you're just getting back what you're putting out.

What do I miss about TWI?

Let's see what I can remember of TWI:

1) Waking up early every Sunday morning for fellowship.

2) Making time for twig meetings as it is mandatory.

3) Driving long distances for a class in the evening and arriving home late afterwards.

4) Getting chew out for some asinine reason.

5) Being told how to live my life.

Hmmm... Nope. I don't think so. I don't miss anything about TWI.

I've moved on to MUCH better things now that I've been out 10 years later. I am definitely not involved with an offshoot now and will never get involved.

I can fricking wake up any time I want on Sunday and I don't have to put up with crap from a bunch of self-righteous morons.

I am free and I live my life on my own terms.

Bumpy------I don't know if you were asking "What's a poser?" rhetorically or not but I'll answer anyway. -------A new kid shows up at the skateboard park wearing the same type of shoes, pants, etc. as the veteran "thrashers". He has a really cool skateboard with high quality wheels, etc. Then he starts to skate. Lo and behold, skating skills seem to be the one thing he is missing. He is only "posing" as a skater.

People here can relate to each other without having to explain a bunch of detail of what they have endured, unless, of course, by explaining they are confirming similarities.

I personally left TWI many years ago and yet I feel a common bond with many here because we endured many of the same types of experiences, not the least of which was living a life that was governed by mind control.

It would be nutso for me to try to explain some of what goes through my head to someone who has no idea what it must be like to live in a commune for three years and have almost every minute of your time controlled and to be taught that it is wrong to even "consider" that something might be amiss; taught that leaving could be like initiating a life or death scenario for not only yourself but for your family and loved ones.

Perhaps people would be a bit more receptive if you would give a little background information.

It doesn't have to be too personal but it should at least show a willingness to find out what others have experienced.

Oh, Welcome to GSC.

I'm here scratching my A$$ wondering what this thread is talking about. I've read how VPW didn't heal anyone publically, BOT gifts? Is this supposed to be a thread about whether or not God is still alive and doing miracles today or is it about sermons we see? VPW was a walking sermon to me but please remember, HE HAS BEEN VERY COLD THE PAST 20 YEARS. I have seen lots of sermons walking on two feet since that time. I have seens lots of people operate the power of God very humbly and very powerfully.

Yes, I would rather see a sermon than hear one any day. Are you walking as a sermon for me to see?

I'm here scratching my A$$ wondering what this thread is talking about. I've read how VPW didn't heal anyone publically, BOT gifts? Is this supposed to be a thread about whether or not God is still alive and doing miracles today or is it about sermons we see? VPW was a walking sermon to me but please remember, HE HAS BEEN VERY COLD THE PAST 20 YEARS. I have seen lots of sermons walking on two feet since that time. I have seens lots of people operate the power of God very humbly and very powerfully.

Yes, I would rather see a sermon than hear one any day. Are you walking as a sermon for me to see?

OT.......this thread? Well, the title got it started.....but when conversing around the table here at GS, the conversation can go anywhere. :biglaugh:

Oh, and.......whatever else you're scratching, it's more information than I care to know.

Thanks. :wave:

Picture yourself on a terrace overlooking a beautiful African beach, it’s another PERFECT day like all the ones before. The ocean is deep blue, your workers are well tanned, all busy about their daily activities. All seems tranquil when you hear a strange noise behind you in the house...

You walk in but suddenly the room has changed! This is not your house, you don’t recognize anyone in the room, but there are so many white haired or dyed middle-aged people sitting and walking about. The decor is dated, looks like something out of the ‘70’s or maybe 80’s and the people all have name tags for some reason. Suddenly next to you appears this beautiful young girl in a white nurses dress. But this is a real beautiful dress, cut just right and filled perfectly especially where the buttons should be...But before you can take my eyes from her, she smiles and says ‘welcome Bumpy’, welcome to the TWI-lite zone...Oh my God!

She begins to explain to me that this is a kind of re-hab centre for all sorts of visitors but many of them are volatile so be careful. Most of them come from a particular time and place that was not such a comfortable memory and they are trying to forget, meet new people and in the process do a LOT of talking! But the name tags are all faded. I ask her, why is that? They are former identification markings sort of Orwellian, she says. It was a part of their youth and they can’t seem to take them off. Also they are very proud of them. Each one knows the time and place the other one came from, but don’t ask them to reveal anything. They are very suspecting, especially the one with the roller skates over there.

Strange I say, why are they here and what are they looking for, are they on drugs? I can’t keep my eyes off her for too long, she’s beginning to remind me of someone? She bends over to pick up a discarded yellow piece of paper. Looks like an old posting, when you put your thoughts down on paper. She says, she isn’t quite sure, but many of them come and go through different rooms. It’s sort of like a maze and many of them scurry about all the time, leaving little bits of paper like the one I just picked up.

But again I have to ask, what are they doing here? Is it a retirement home, do they play bridge, backgammon?

Suddenly there is a bang. She says she has to go, one of her patients needs her medication, she lost her kids and doesn’t know where to find them. I turn around to see a smiling gentleman looking at me. He says, hello, you’re Bumpy aren’t you? How ‘bout having a drink at the bar, I have some funny stories to tell.

‘

Hey Bumpy.

Welcome.

If you want more biblical discussions, go down to the Doctrinal section....................I'll be................ nice.

:wave:

Picture yourself on a terrace overlooking a beautiful African beach, it’s another PERFECT day like all the ones before. The ocean is deep blue, your workers are well tanned, all busy about their daily activities. All seems tranquil when you hear a strange noise behind you in the house...

You walk in but suddenly the room has changed! This is not your house, you don’t recognize anyone in the room, but there are so many white haired or dyed middle-aged people sitting and walking about. The decor is dated, looks like something out of the ‘70’s or maybe 80’s and the people all have name tags for some reason. Suddenly next to you appears this beautiful young girl in a white nurses dress. But this is a real beautiful dress, cut just right and filled perfectly especially where the buttons should be...But before you can take my eyes from her, she smiles and says ‘welcome Bumpy’, welcome to the TWI-lite zone...Oh my God!

Yeah.....the TWI-lite zone. Gee, where have we heard THAT before?? .....like 50 times?? :doh:

How many books have been written about cult mentality? Intervention & recovery from cults? Cult awareness groups and websites? Phychologists explore and expose it. And movies portray it.

Sure, some mock and are condescending to others who got ensnared in the trappings......*shrug*

No matter how many different ways these stories and experiences are told, I am deeply aware that there is/was a spiritually abused person on another keyboard reaching for independence and some closure. For sure, many "tested the waters" and didn't care to partake.....good choice. Others not only tested the waters, but bathed in them daily for years and some even swam with the sharks.

Welcome to Greasespot Cafe.

:)

Hey Bumpy.

Welcome.

If you want more biblical discussions, go down to the Doctrinal section....................I'll be................ nice.

:wave:

Hi Bliss,

The drums, Tam Tams are beating in Senegal tonight. It's GMT time in case you didn't know. Pablo the chef is busy with his latest seafood creation. We only eat fish here as it's so fresh. I will try and get to your doctrinal section. Maybe you can guide me through...if you promise to be nice!

bumpy

dear bumpy,

basically, the only thing i know about CES is the exwayfers who are involved with it.... meaning john lynn and mark and karen..... a few others....

don't regret the fall of twi at all

or ces (i'm an onlooker)

i don't like offshoots.... they're too much like twi

as far as the club thing, i've often joked about this being my new cult

but i spent most of my life in a cult, been really hurt, so it is nice to commiserate here

plus now i just like the people here

i'm sorry it seems so closed, really. i don't think it is, but i've been here a long time

i've made cyber friends and i like it

i don't get out much, by choice

love,ex

Edited by excathedra

dear bumpy,

basically, the only thing i know about CES is the exwayfers who are involved with it.... meaning john lynn and mark and karen..... a few others....

don't regret the fall of twi at all

or ces (i'm an onlooker)

i don't like offshoots.... they're too much like twi

as far as the club thing, i've often joked about this being my new cult

but i spent most of my life in a cult, been really hurt, so it is nice to commiserate here

plus now i just like the people here

i'm sorry it seems so closed, really. i don't think it is, but i've been here a long time

i've made cyber friends and i like it

i don't get out much, by choice

love,ex

It's very windy here in west Africa today. It comes from Mauritania and the Sahara. I just drove through there a few months ago. In the wind you see nothing and forget driving, your air filter can't keep up.

Anway, I don't think this place seems closed, I think poeple don't know me so they don't trust me. Plus I think some are looking over their shoulders as to who might be following them in this maze of postings. Residual fear of the past maybe.

You should get out more, it's healthy. Europe is a great place, spring time in Scandinavia or Berlin. I leave here before the rainy season begins in July/August. Too many snakes, scorpions, appear out of nowhere especially in the south near Guinea Bissau.

what a life you live bump !!!

Anway, I don't think this place seems closed, I think poeple don't know me so they don't trust me. Plus I think some are looking over their shoulders as to who might be following them in this maze of postings. Residual fear of the past maybe.

could be....

Naw, I think it's just that most of us don't like rude people, especially rude people who pass judgment on folks they don't know anything about.

Naw, I think it's just that most of us don't like rude people, especially rude people who pass judgment on folks they don't know anything about.

If I did that Belle, I apologize! I don't know where in my posts you got that from?