GreaseSpot Cafe

The big event..

Ham

Hammie,

Do you have a thing for rodents?

(please, no gross jokes - thanks) :unsure:

Gross jokes? Not a chance. Ground Hog Day is a serious event! Just for fun check out the NOAA weather wire domestic data plus text service that morning. Each state in the U.S. will issue an official report of sitings or not.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn

i didn't know about wjc

i alwasys thought in was command day

good one dan!

Walter (in case you didn't know him while in twi) was very close to wierwille and taught some classes, but he left (or was kicked out? I don't know which) probably also during the 1980s... he's the one who first made a big deal about (for many of us anyway) "the only day of the year that's also a command!"

Walter was generally a good guy... I'm scratching my head, and my memory on this is foggy, but didn't Walter's mother marry one of Wierwille's brothers at some point?

Three days..

from the same web site:

Pennsylvania's earliest settlers were Germans and they found groundhogs to in profusion in many parts of the state. They determined that the groundhog, resembling the European hedgehog, was a most intelligent and sensible animal and therefore decided that if the sun did appear on February 2nd, so wise an animal as the groundhog would see its shadow and hurry back into its underground home for another six weeks of winter.

who could argue..

:biglaugh:

Two days..

Yeah, I think they have streaming video.. I was looking for the link, but it appears that their server is down at the moment.

I can hear the crowds gathering, some angrily chanting, "No shadow, no shadow, no shadow..."

Well.. one day. Crowds have arrived.. imagine getting a glimpse of Phil is like getting tickets for the Rolling Stones..

At 7pm Mountain Standard Time (about an hour and a half from now), the Discovery HD Theater channel is having a one hour program called Day of the Groundhog.

If you have the channel, it'll probably be pretty good.

http://dhd.discovery.com/tvlistings/schedu...&date=today

Hooray! Memphis did get some snow to celebrate Groundhog Day. Wednesday night there was about a 10 minute span where it snowed. I missed it. Late this afternoon and early this evening it snowed for about an hour. So pretty to watch, but wish the flakes had been a bit larger so they were easier to see. More is possible around midnight. Looks like tomorrow is out as the temp is now supposed to go up to 37 degrees.

Glad I got to see at least a bit of that beautiful white stuff!

Suda

Yep.. NO SHADOW, and the first time in how many years!

Anybody watch? He looked rather feisty, his "handler" was having a tough time of it.

Early spirng, hooray.. maybe Phil got on the Al Gore global warming team..

I haven't seen what Phil's southern counterpart said yet.. anybody hear?

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni