GreaseSpot Cafe

Colon Cleanse!

motorhead

I have been there, done that, and still do the colon cleanse, using the Sonne's products and the coffee e......as. Just the right thing to do, for me. :mooner: Clean as a whistle!!!!

Mostly it required discipline. It was supposed to break down and flush out the toxins that your liver had stored for the last several years. If you had, for example, been a user of hallucinogenic drugs, you might well have flashback hallucinations, or "trips," while the toxins were being flushed out. You might become very ill from the breakdown of toxins stored in the liver when you were having an illness sometime in the past

I did the cleanse twice the first time to re experience the drugs that everyone promised me would all of a sudden come back to life.

The second time because you got an easier work detail if you did it.

Boy am I stupid and lazy.

:asdf:

I once did it. Nobody told me much about the coffee enemas so I made double strength esspresso.

Did you know that when you ingest espresso in the wrong place you can end up staying awake for a few days straight while shaking so violently you can make the best vodka martinis ever just by holding the shaker between your knees

Suda, PM me and I will give you the details and price.

Wow, what a humorous thread.

But I am also so sorry to hear that some of you had bad experiences with the Colon Cleanse.

I heard about the cleanse when I was 17. Our branch coordinator in 1972, gave me GreenLIFE (the little green pills of sprouted cereal grains, not just alfalfa) for my pregnancy. I had morning sickness really bad.

Years later when I was out of the Way, I came across it again and became a distributor. Grace Bliss, who promoted the cleanse in the Way, died only a few years ago at the age of 94. She was something!

I am not sure how the Corps was taught to do the cleanse, but I know several people who did it improperly and that is why they were terribly ill during it.

I doubt the the Way provided all the supplements that you are supposed to be taking throughout the day for the week you are on the cleanse. These include, GreenLIFE, Vitamin C, Wheatgerm Oil, and sometimes Beet tablets. It is important to follow the directions, do the daily enemas or colemas and most of all, alleviate STRESS. I cannot imagine being able to do this in the Way Corps!

I feel wonderful while doing it. And even better when I am done. I have never felt weak or ill. I do the cleanse about every other year.

If anyone wants more details, please PM me.

Happy cleansing!

Chrispy

Edited by richnchrispy

The other thing you had to drink on the cleanse was a powder you mixed with water that turned into a gel - like metamucil. That's what had the laxative effect. Supposedly the alfalfa pills were for nutrients and the clay was to de toxify your system.

Then after a week or so of this, you stared eating again with just fruit for a couple days.

I'm sure that there are people with internal problems which would be exacerbated by this kind of thing. But the way wasn't the kind of place where they acknowledged that or allowed for people's individual problems. Most of the folk I knew were young and in good health so for most it didn't cause any problems but hunger and frustration. Though I doubt it had any of the benefits they touted other than the placebo effect.

The way had lots of fringe beliefs about eating and health - most were not observed by top leadership. Grace Bliss (who was mentioned here) was in my experience just a "normal" healthfood nut, but I've also seen her eat a hamburger so I don't think she was too far off the deep end.

In fairness, I must say the way also had some beliefs about health that were pretty cutting edge. They adopted Kenneth Cooper's work on aerobics pretty early on and made the way corps run. They also encouraged people to quit smoking. These beliefs were not observed by top leadership either.

'Greek2me' date='Feb 1 2007

Moral of the story?

Mother is right yet again!

If you're going to meet the Queen, be sure to put on your clean underwear... :redface::biglaugh:

Thanks for sharing Greek! :biglaugh: Although this must have been horrible to live through... for some reason it's terribly funny now~

I've always had good results using the Sonne's cleanse... and agree, it has to be done right, with all the recommended stuff, along with little or no stress.

First time on the cleanse, I gave up smoking for the week... figured might as well do it all the way... Now, my mind was thinking about having that first cigarette at the end of the 7 days... food was a secondary thought... I really wanted a cigarette!!

After the second day, felt great w/ lots of energy, had a whole set up at work to mix the stuff, could take breaks in-between clients... all went well...

Morning of the 8th day! Lite one up... took a big drag... became instantly dizzy, and almost threw up!!! I was a non-smoker! I couldn't inhale.. it was if I was 13 all over again!

Wasn't until a ROA that I picked up the habit again... 1981... cigarettes where in the hand of most everyone I saw... looked so good :rolleyes:

I see cleansing as a personal thing, and should be done by those that understand the process and WANT to do it. I probably would have done the cleanse w/out the prompting of TWI... just me I guess~

Check this site for ordering:

http://www.fubaohealthstore.com/SonneProducts.html

Sonne's 20-7 day cleanse only $73.75

:offtopic: Speaking of kidneys... :offtopic:

The King James word for kidneys is "reins"; it's where we get the word "renal" I think :huh: Body parts were used figuratively in Hebrew, heart, bowels of compassion, etc. Anyway, Martindale somehow missed this and did a teaching, maybe at one of those Advanced Class specials on one of the verses that used "reins", thinking it meant the reins that you use to steer a horse :o

While in TWI, starting at 17 or so, I did the cleanse maybe 7 or 8 times. I liked it, and with the exception of the psyllium seed powder (see My3Cents post) I didnt think it was that difficult....although, once while I was doing it I was taking some horseback riding lessons and passed out flat away.......all the way to the ground :offtopic:

Now, I work for a chiropractor and we sell all kinds of different cleanses, all are totally effective but not as drastic as the VE Irons, Vitratox cleanse.

This is the REALLY wild thing though; a few weeks ago I went down to SC for a colonic, while there I was talking to the clinician and told her that I had done many cleanses and started telling her about VE and Vitratox........she looked at me with total shock..........THAT IS WHAT THEY SELL now. It is marketed differently now and is available for Drs, etc to put their own label. WHAT A HOOT!!!

ror

During my time in twi, I did the colon cleanse 3 times...

The first 2 times, I had good experiences and felt really great when it was over...

but the 3rd time?...let me tell you:

I had been following the program as I should have and was two days away from finishing it when temptation got the better of me...I was sooooooooooo hungry, I went to a Mexican restaraunt and devoured a large combination plate and washed it down with 3 beers!....

...when I got home (about 30 minutes after the meal), I was pulling my pants down as I ran as fast as I could to the bathroom...it was like pulling the trigger on a 12 gauge shotgun! :o ( if you catch my drift)...after sitting there for about a half hour, I crawled to the couch where I laid there, white as a sheet, in the fetal position with chills, cramps and a general feeling that I was near death...

my only advice...if you ever do the colon cleanse...FOLLOW THE RULES!!!

• 2 months later...

:offtopic:

maybe this a dead thread and all but it reminded me of fasting. There's at least one dude at twi HQ who fasts occasionally. This of course gets the attention of the young people who start "going to the word' on fasting. They've started to believe that fasting is good for you because it's in the word. Jesus did it, they think they out to. I just thought it funny that young men wanted to start acting all Ghandi so they could build believing and be healthy. Maybe there is some health benefits, I don't know.