GreaseSpot Cafe

Made-up Terms and Titles

T-Bone

Between NotMatilda's Made-up Word(s) thread and Hammeroni's Vey Definitions thread – I can't stop thinking up stupid stuff. I've been speaking in puns like a house afire! So if anyone is game for more punishment – I thought I'd continue their fun idea with a thread for made up terms and titles…For openers – I came up with a few that are work related.

Project Manglement – the execution of a plan – literally! Sabotage under excellent supervision.

Degreed Position – job that requires bending over backwards for upper management. Degree of angle to bend over determined by immediate supervisor.

System Anallist – a well organized method for identifying ar$$holes at work.

Tag-you're-IT Department – group of PC savvy associates that talk you into fixing your computer problem yourself.

Quasity Control – an effort made to ensure your activity resembles doing real work.

Hunan Resources – listing of every decent Chinese Restaurant in a 50 mile radius of the office.

Edited by T-Bone

Between NotMatilda's Made-up Word(s) thread and Hammeroni's Vey Definitions thread – I can't stop thinking up stupid stuff

Thanks for the compliment, I think...

:biglaugh:

Some of my "humor" has been so warped by vey speak, this is the only place on the planet that I can get a laugh at times..

My best friend here is only beginning to understand how getting the front parking spot at Walmart can be equated with spirituality..

T-Bone, you are obviously a Dilbert fan!!!

Actually, Mark – I start channeling Dilbert every time I watch Office Space…and God forbid word should get out that I often use a Jump-to-Conclusions-Mat when I’m in Doctrinal.

...My best friend here is only beginning to understand how getting the front parking spot at Walmart can be equated with spirituality...

My beloved Tonto has a long suit in revelation parking and shopping! I’m still trying to get my believing up to work miracles when the bills come.

…and on the medical front…

See-sick – self-induced nausea by staring at ugly too long

Moe-shun Sickness – withdrawal symptoms after swearing off the Three Stooges

BlueCross BlueShield – psychiatric code for a depressed Christian Police Officer

Malpractice Suit – official uniform of a quack

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder – intense psychological pressure that comes from realizing what you posted on a thread makes absolutely no sense.

Grunchy Store - where one goes to get food for the family.

Frankenfood - What one can buy at the grunchy store.... Food derived from genetically modified plants and animals.

Seagull Manager - A manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and then leaves.

Blamestorming - Sitting around in a group discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible.

Rectal Database - The very private location from which instantaneous answers to questions may be retrieved. "I pulled that one from my rectal database."

Attentional Blink - The momentary lapse in awareness that occurs after a stimulus catches the brain's attention.

"Corporate accounts, Nina speaking may I help you..........."
we don't have voice mail at work

so i suggested we answer the phone:

"company name, wilma flinstone....."

Cool…it looks like a conspiracy in the making…I like it…keep up the good work, ladies – I’m recommending you both for a raise and promotion…Of course your supervisors are gonna ask just who the he11 I am.

Edited by T-Bone

Seagull Manager - A manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and then leaves.

Blamestorming - Sitting around in a group discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible.

Rectal Database - The very private location from which instantaneous answers to questions may be retrieved. "I pulled that one from my rectal database."

Attentional Blink - The momentary lapse in awareness that occurs after a stimulus catches the brain's attention.

:biglaugh::biglaugh: Wow – those are all great, Belle – but these really spoke to my heart! Thanks! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I like all the car ones, everybody – thanks. And obviously I love any work references – anything that takes a stab at the system, man - is cool in my book…Really everyone had good stuff here – please continue – I just wanted to express my enjoyment of this thread and show my appreciation. I would like to thank all the little people – starting with that little kid on the left with the big hat and suspenders…I know what you’re thinking “This guy is full of himself” – while that’s true please keep in mind I’m only a half-pint bottle [just look at my avatar] :redface2: .

Edited by T-Bone

Then you should go Egosurfing, my friend. That'll make you feel even better (or worse)... :biglaugh:

Scanning the Net, databases, etc., for one’s own name.

But it sure as heck beats a salmon day any day!

The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get screwed in the end.

...But it sure as heck beats a salmon day any day!

The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get screwed in the end.

Homer Simpson would say "that's a sexual in-your-end dohhh!!!" :o

Edited by T-Bone

…and on the music front…

Jam Session – time-frame allotted to cramming all the equipment of a five piece garage band into a 89 Geo Metro.

Orca-straight – to compose a musical piece for the sole purpose of sobering up a drunken Killer Whale.

Metro-gnome – The dwarf responsible for keeping mass transit systems running on time.

Socks-a-phone – A pat answer typically given to a technically challenging musical question -and refers to calling on one of the most qualified musicians at GSC. Typical usage, Question: "What alternate tuning should I use so my guitar will sound like a Mack Truck when I play an open E Chord?" Answer: "I dunno…give Socks-a-phone."

Wah-wah Peddle – the selling of fine whines to guitarists.

Base Guitar – an instrument of low value, with inferior properties and the most commonly used implement for composing songs of treachery, cruelty and greed.

Speaking in Drums – A miraculous language believed to have been given to drummers to fill the long hours of life on the road. Controversy surrounds the phenomena - a few drum scholars believe it was a cymbal of the devil's snare and is no longer practiced – while others say it is reserved for some future time – when the roll is called up yonder.

Edited by T-Bone