GreaseSpot Cafe

Puzzled ?

Cowgirl

Some helpful words/abbreviations for compu-speak (also called "Leetspeak" or sometimes even "13375p34k", for those who were good in math but horrible at spelling or something...)

TYVM - Thank you very much.

NP - No problem.

WTF? - What the F---?

Pwn - Misspelling of 'own', pronounced "pone", usually used in smacktalk phrases like "I totally pwned that guy with my megablaster!"

DIAF - Die In A Fire. Usually used as an insult.

FOAD - F--- Off And Die.

LFG/LFM/LFT - Looking For Group/Looking For More/Looking For Team

WTB - Want To Buy

WTS - Want To Sell

WTT - Want To Trade

I had another list floating around here somewhere, but I don't remember where. There's obviously tons more.

I have been accused of that too cowgirl. It's usually some 20 year old that wants a mommy to teach him the ropes. I am amazed at how many 20 year old boys are looking to be with their mommy.
I think it's supposed to be a compliment, albeit crudely put :evilshades:

Y'know, you don't hear too much about the 20-year old women calling us mature men "DILFs"...to them, we're just creepy old men...or invisible :doh:

Edited by Oakspear

Oakspear, you thought it was crudely put. lol. Sorry didn't mean to be crude but that's what those young men are looking for. I have asked a couple of them and their response was that we older women "know what we want" and that we "know what we are doing" and the funniest thing I heard was that we "don't kiss and tell".

Reminds me of a song "Stacy's Mom Has Got it Going On"

I think it's supposed to be a compliment, albeit crudely put :evilshades:

Y'know, you don't hear too much about the 20-year old women calling us mature men "DILFs"...to them, we're just creepy old men...or invisible :doh:

I'm under the impression that it's supposed to be a compliment, albeit crudely put,

as well.

The context I'm familiar with-which, apparently, is different from what the women here seem to have

heard it, is USUALLY from a guy closer in age to the women he's applying it to.

The reason it's supposed to be a compliment of some sort is that it challenges the societal

notion that there is a single image of beauty for women,

and that image is locked into a young women of a specific age and a specific

body type, and as soon as she's had a child, she's no longer attractive or anything like that.

Sort of how the song "Baby Got Back" keeps getting cited as a song glorifying an alternate

standard of beauty than the rail-thin anorexic magazine-cover model.

Also crudely put, but I keep hearing that whenever the song is brought up.

No, I'd hardly call it an anthem of empowerment, but I don't speak for everyone.

So, in other words, the guy finds the woman attractive, and the fact that she's had kids

doesn't change that.

Not that she's old enough to be HIS mom or something.

That's the context I USUALLY hear that about.

On the other hand, that's not what some of the women here have heard,

and "ew."

I must be getting old. The age group of women that I used to think of as older women are now younger than me. :(

Funny how that happened, eh?

MILF may also simply refer to a woman who is older, has children, and is considered sexy and good-looking, rather than an expression of desiring to have sex with one's own mother or mother-surrogate, which is, clinically speaking, ewwwwww.

I have been accused of that too cowgirl. It's usually some 20 year old that wants a mommy to teach him the ropes. I am amazed at how many 20 year old boys are looking to be with their mommy.

LOFL - :biglaugh:

This is so true (not speaking from experience!!) - and to expound on this they are looking for some more experienced, passionate woman to rock their world; which considering the age group that looks for these kind of hook ups their 'world rocking' would probably not take more than, oh........30 seconds? :blink:

I can't speak from experience Michael but I would be willing to bet you are right. There was this 21 year old in Nebraska when I was living there, he was a virgin and everytime I saw him he begged me to be his first. I told him I just couldn't and his first time should be with someone special not someone that could be his mom. He wouldn't hear it and every once in a while I hear from him and it's the same thing. relentless little bugger.

Edited by FreeAtLast

I can't speak from experience Michael but I would be willing to bet you are right. There was this 21 year old in Nebraska when I was living there, he was a virgin and everytime I saw him he begged me to be his first. I told him I just couldn't and his first time should be with someone special not someone that could be his mom. He wouldn't hear it and every once in a while I hear from him and it's the same thing. relentless little bugger.

Thats alright! You should pat yourself on the back for having enough respect for him to tell him that and not just give in. A rare thing in our world today. Besides, you probably would have regretted your 30 second fling later anyway.... :asdf:

Michael.