GreaseSpot Cafe

THE CLOCK IS TICKING

copenhagen

TWI has destroyed too many people. TWI is a dead ministry - God doesn't live there anymore. His people have left.

They pride themselves on their "Knowledge" of the Word. Yes, Jesus said, it testifies of him. That does not mean they have made him their Savior. TWI does not hold the Head - Christ - in esteem. To them, he is not the head of the body, VP, LCM, and now Rosie are. As long as they have their "Popes" - whoever is the chosen one this year - mediating for them, and interpreting the Word for them, they don't need no stinkin' Head.

I don't believe, even if the young ones get in power, God will ever again give any increase. The kids will be twice as bad as the parents.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolshevik, just wonder.. who are they? I know of half a dozen or so they've chased off..

Is it REAL minister experience, or in-house TWI minister "experience"?

I'm not trying to be critical or funny (an exception to the rule here :biglaugh:)

Just want a little clarification.

Stephen Daniel I was told was a minister prior to the way, I'll have to ask for more names

the greene's and claudette royal I believe have quite an influence

aaron hampton, mucullough(sp?),, chavoustie, linder, are some favorites

The fox is keeping a lid on some of the personnal style so as to stay away from LCMs style, but she can't do this forever.

More important the younger guys on the cabinet, hampton, brooks, and the computer guy that does the bicycle tricks, will be a influence in moving away from the uncle howie style of running things.

If the way can forget the wierwilles, martindales, georges, and other "Names", I think a lot can change for the better.

TWI has destroyed too many people. TWI is a dead ministry - God doesn't live there anymore. His people have left.

They pride themselves on their "Knowledge" of the Word. Yes, Jesus said, it testifies of him. That does not mean they have made him their Savior. TWI does not hold the Head - Christ - in esteem. To them, he is not the head of the body, VP, LCM, and now Rosie are. As long as they have their "Popes" - whoever is the chosen one this year - mediating for them, and interpreting the Word for them, they don't need no stinkin' Head.

I don't believe, even if the young ones get in power, God will ever again give any increase. The kids will be twice as bad as the parents.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

"MI MI MI----LA LA LA" Oops, sorry ---You said "fat lady." :biglaugh:

There was a thread awhile back about biblical scholars that, if I remember correctly, may have mentioned some "real" ministers that were involved with The Way. How about Rev. Tracy and Peter Wade? Were Doop and Heefner ministers before the "Jesus Movement"? This part I don't recall. I don't know if Bishop Pillai was truly involved, but his name certainly got dropped in a manner that seemed to be meant to lend credability.

Stephen Daniel I was told was a minister prior to the way, I'll have to ask for more names

the gre*ne's and claud*tte r*y*l I believe have quite an influence

aaron h*mp*on, mucullough(sp?),, chavoustie, linder, are some favorites

The fox is keeping a lid on some of the personnal style so as to stay away from LCMs style, but she can't do this forever.

More important the younger guys on the cabinet, hampton, brooks, and the computer guy that does the bicycle tricks, will be a influence in moving away from the uncle howie style of running things.

Well, as much as people can hope TWI will turn.. I really doubt any of the above will do much to help it.. The Greene's and Cl*ud*tte sold out a long time ago, and have little desire to change it much.

And while Aaron may be a great guy and all, he is a company man, through and through. A Marine till the end, and while he doubtfully would hurt anyone himself, he will do as he's told. Chavoustie I never really got to know much, so can't say, but forget about Linder making anything better. That would take a complete miracle and turn around as he has some of the biggest influence on Rosie even today.

Didn't know Brooks was on the cabinet or the 'bicycle guy' (Andy...) .. Interesting I guess.. But both are company men also.. Andy had a big clash with leadership when he was in Corps training, and B*lchalk got an earful from Rosie over it, even asked him to stop messing with the Corps he was training and give into them. LOL! No, Andy doesn't see the big picture either of how much is wrong with TWI. He still thinks they are moving in the right direction, with a couple small insignificant problems that won't matter much if he had the ability to change it..

Edited by TrustAndObey

As an organization, I don't think they are likely to cease to exist.

Consider, if you will, The Malthusians( followers of Thomas Malthus), The International Order Of Odd Fellows/Rebekahs, The Flat Earth Society, etc.

All TWI has to do is stay under the radar and maintain a semblence of existance in order to survive.

Please note that I have not singled out the above organizations to suggest that they have negative implications.

I am merely citing these to illustrate that organizations that may be completely unknown to the general populace have managed to endure the test of time.

The question that I ponder is; what ,if any, role will they play in the general scheme of things and especially in the religious community?

My personal opinion is that as a spiritual beacon, their light has been extinguished for quite some time now.

And while Aaron may be a great guy and all, he is a company man, through and through. A Marine till the end, and while he doubtfully would hurt anyone himself, he will do as he's told. Chavoustie I never really got to know much, so can't say, but forget about Linder making anything better. That would take a complete miracle and turn around as he has some of the biggest influence on Rosie even today.

Aaron Hampton - He would be the first to move the ministry in a new direction

Linder - His loyalty can be strength and a weakness, but he can speak to the common guy, those of us who won't be biblical scholars

Chavoustie - a more exciting speaker than most

Does the very top have some agenda to keep things as miserable as possible even after they are gone?

Does the very top have some agenda to keep things as miserable as possible even after they are gone?

Bolshevik,

I don't think THEY think its miserable... it's not miserable for THEM. So, yes, their intent is to keep things just like they are. It's their legacy. And I've never met a politically-minded leader (as opposed to a true leader) who wasn't more interested in their own legacy than anything else.

I think twi is like some horrible old relative who lives "forever" seemingly out of spite.

I don't think you can give them any number of years before collapse.

As long as there are even 5 people entering the Corps every year, 25 people attending fellowship, or 50 people on staff, the structure that is in place will keep chugging away...

It wouldn't surprise me if they were still a recognized religious organization 50 years from now.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing that concerns me the most.

Rivenbark is working hard to bring credibility to The Way International.

Giving ABS to the local Red Cross (and gaining recognition).

Meeting with biblical scholars. Bringing them in for meetings and adding there books to the library.

Structure to the services. Spreading the wealth.

Not a spotlight President.

Sending Way Productions to the Chamber of Commerce and other local organizations.

Allowing the internet installed in Founders Hall for every room.

Giving a acoustic bandshell(something like that) to a school in Toledo (and gaining recognition).

Making the Board of Director position a Corps assignment. Adding two more.

General participation in New Knoxville.

Concerts aimed at the community. (Was it Dr. Juedes who that it was nice?)

The roomer is she doesn't like people are punished for owning a house.

Reversing lcm and vpw mandates. (yes, she doesn't like things vpw did)

401K encouragement on staff. (and alleviating some financial constraints to the Staff.)

Honestly letting wayfers know that The Way is not able to help in certain situations, and advising to seek professionals outside The Way. Asking them "What do you want to do?"

If she can stabilize The Way International. What next? Would this belief system grow without a vpw?

What is more dangerous about The Way International: The belief system, or the leadership?

Seriously,

Take the leadership out, the overbearing control, the rules and restrictions and impossible standards.

What will be so wrong with The Way International?

Twi is like the proverbial Christmas fruitcake that Grandma sends you.

Even though it's sent to you, it's inedible and no one wants it.

No one thinks of throwing it in the trash (where it belongs),

but rather it's sent on to someone else who doesn't want it either.

Twi will be passed along like that fruitcake,

until the last member is too feeble to send it to someone else.

And that might take a while since they don't know a trash bucket,

even if it were to slap them up-side of the head.

to restate.

She does denounce some to the acts of vpw.

Maybe she has............but I am NOT impressed.

LOTS of us have been exposing twi ills for EIGHT YEARS..........most notably, on WAYDALE and GREASESPOT.

AFTER some 350 clergy have left twi and refused to suck up to the wierwille/martindale/mog idolatry.

AFTER the corps numbers have dwindled from 3600 (?) to 600 (?) -- of which, probably about 250 corps are on the staff payroll..............it's OBVIOUS that wierwille had a system that was corroding (duh).

And, wasn't rosalie's longsuit supposed to be administrative planning.....(cough, cough) :rolleyes:

WHATEVER rosalie is doing today to stop twi's bleeding...........IMO, it's been discussed on Greasespot a hundred times before she took any action. Hardly classifies her in the "moving spiritually" category. :biglaugh:

If they last 40 years with more than 500 people, I'd be shocked.. But I'm sure there will be "some" left..

Rosalie does nothing different than any "naturally minded" person would do when they realise the numbers are dropping, the money is leaving, and her reputation is on the line..

Be nice, loving, caring, give the Way what they want if they ask hard enough, as long as they acknowledge you as their head..

Now.. How is that any different than the adversary? Who's realizes his impending doom. He's all for making some men wealthy, giving them power, just as long as they once again acknowledge him as their head...

Nope.. TWI.. Works of men... Don't see a difference.. They both still seek to rule their own domain.

Perhaps I should've just asked if anyone cares that it survives another 40 years or more?

I certainly do not, and wouldn't mind one bit if they closed shop tomorrow.

And what difference would it make if it did? There are enough "fish-eaters and bone-spitters" to make sure at least some parts of its dogma will last at least into the next century, if not beyond.

As a mature disciple one should be able to self discipline oneself and always be excited about the truth of God's Word, which He has magnified above His Holy Name. One should not need charismatic teachings, for the Truth that is presented in a logical :yawn1: and powerful manner is enough to excite. . :yawn1: :yawn1: :yawn1: a true disciple of . . . :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1:

Bolshevik, that's absolutely correct. I remember Craig used to teach that it's not available to "stand on your own". Nonsense. He just used that line to subliminally convince others that they can't stand for God and leave TWI. "Who will I fellowship with? After all no one knows the truth like we do".

I continue to seek God because I want to. I don't need Craig barking in my ear to tell me to want to know God. I want to know him. For the people who dropped off on pursuing God after leaving the Way, well, how much did they really want to know God anyway?

Lone Wolf MCQuade