GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW was the real deal

Lone Wolf McQuade

For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do-- this I keep on doing.[/i]

If the great Apostle Paul struggled with the flesh and lost again and again and again, what were you expecting from VPW? For the people who say that TWI completely ruined your life, what exactly ruined your life? The fact that VPW fell into sin or the fact that you allowed an idol to form in your own mind (VPW) and that idol didn't come through for you?

VPW had a powerful ministry. How do I know? Jesus Christ said you will know them by their fruit. Well the fruit of VPW's efforts was 100,000 people getting born again. 100,000? That's called the mighty hand of the Lord moving to save....regardless of what weaknesses VPW may have had in his life.

great Apostle Paul --> are you idolizing paul?

100,000 saved? LOL. As far as I've seen, people came to the way already born again.

26 years I've been with The Way. Never, Never Never Never Never seen a soul saved, or a life turned for the better. Hundreds of crazies though. My roommate, he was born and raised in twi, ended up in one of those crazy-people homes.

TWI is a fear based ministry. It's like a drug. Do drugs ruin lives or do the people taking them? Why outlaw drugs? Why start programs to prevent kids starting drugs, alcohol or smoking?

Why?

Why was I born into this God-damned ministry Rev. Lone Wolf?

No matter what I say Wierwille was the real deal? He really screwed up.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldies, I am curious....do Jim Jones and David Koresche get the same pass you are giving vpw in your book?

Do the followers still owe their leaders a debt of gratitude for teaching them the scriptures??

I don`t ask this flippantly, I ask in all seriousness.

Doesn't matter. God in his foreknowledge knew that Paul would murder. So, if murder is a disqualification for someone to receive revelation, it would have applied to Saul of Tarsus. I think this may be a continuation of the religious belief that "God doesn't dwell in an unclean vessel". But bear in mind, the bible says we all are unclean, we all sin.

Golly if sinning kept God away from us, we'd all be in the soup.

Then God in his foreknowledge also knew Paul would repent and change. Saul, btw, paid a steep price for his sins. Yes we all sin, yes God is just and merciful in forgiving our sins. However, we are people, not Gods. Do we do eachother a service if we allow rapist to run free because they may be born again and then forgiven?

Obviously, VPW is dead and gone, he cannot rape, take advantage of, or otherwise abuse others. However, his legacy lives on and has been passed down, via his teachings and examples to the inner circle, as evidenced by LCM himself, as evidenced by teachings that eventually became more public and widely acceptable regarding a woman's body and a man's need.

Those teachings and the actions that were taken because of them need to be exposed so they are not repeated.

My roommate, he was born and raised in twi, ended up in one of those crazy-people homes.

One kid here, child of two "faithful" ones here, kinda dissapeared quietly into the next town.

I was really suspicious.

Any inquiry was met with "oh, he's doing fine.." with little details.

I got the impression that for me to talk with him was the last thing they wanted.

Oldies, I am curious....do Jim Jones and David Koresche get the same pass you are giving vpw in your book?

Well we've discussed this one before; regarding Koresh, I still believe the FBI killed those folks in the compound as payback for the BATF deaths. I don't hold Koresh responsible. See the film "Waco The Rules of Engagement" for my belief on this one.

Regarding Jones, don't know, can't really say but I still believe that one doesn't lose salvation because of sins after salvation. I still believe what we were taught that once someone becomes a child of God, its permanent. I still believe that Wierwille was born again.

Do the followers still owe their leaders a debt of gratitude for teaching them the scriptures??

I don`t ask this flippantly, I ask in all seriousness.

I think it depends on the individual and how one feels about it.

Oldies, their death at the atf`s hands was not what I was talking about. I was talking about how Koresche`s followers daughters became brides for Jesus as young as 13 years old. The man fathered many children with these youngsters. He led people to their deaths.

Jim Jones his followers to their deaths.

These men, like wirewille taught scriptures, yet people who were seeking God were used and died. I do not believe that they were Godly spiritual men. I do not believe that wierwille was either or he couldn`t have hurt people the way he was.

To asume that God would work this way is an insult in my opinion.

It's obvious God works this way even knowing about all the sinning of mankind.

Do you really believe that Wierwille has done anything close to deserving eternal death?

That's what we're talking about.

I can't fathom someone actually believing this. Goodness, I'm glad my thoughts are different.

Edited by oldiesman

These men, like wirewille taught scriptures, yet people who were seeking God were used and died. I do not believe that they were Godly spiritual men. I do not believe that wierwille was either or he couldn`t have hurt people the way he was.

To asume that God would work this way is an insult in my opinion.

Im sure that if you looked hard enough someone out there still believes that Koresh was the "real Deal", or Moe Berg or any of the off the wall bible quoters anywhere.

People still hold a religious fervency for L.Ron Hubbard and Maharishi Mahesh Yogi even though their stuff has been debunked time and time again for decades, it goes with the cult territory

Im not going to get worked up that someone thinks Wierwille is 'The Real Deal", go right ahead believe it. Its your life

The Titanic is unsinkable and the moon is made of creamcheese too.

Edited by mstar1

VPW's epitaph: I wish I were the man I know to be

Interpretation:

"I raped, pillaged and plundered, even when I KNEW BETTER".

I imagine the next thought was "ah, if only I was young again.."

Ya know, ole vic did manage to relive his youth, vicariously, through loy..

loy grew up to be not the man that vic knew to be too.

Im not going to get worked up that someone thinks Wierwille is 'The Real Deal", go right ahead believe it. Its your life

The Titanic is unsinkable and the moon is made of creamcheese too.

The moon is chedder cheese.

It's obvious God works this way even knowing about all the sinning of mankind.

Do you really believe that Wierwille has done anything close to deserving eternal death?

That's what we're talking about.

I can't fathom someone actually believing this. Goodness, I'm glad my thoughts are different.

"Do you really believe that Wierwille has done anything close to deserving eternal death?"

Not my call to make.

After hearing accounts of his physical disgressions,though, it has occurred to me that , as heinous as they were, they didn't compare to how he spiritually raped some of us, depriving us of ever trusting any organized religion or organization again.

edited for spelling error

Edited by waysider

Hard to read it, huh?

Well, that is my point. You can't even read it -- try having to have lived it.

If you did then your opinion would not be what it is.

If you can't look at it or read it -- then you really would have hated VPW's ministry -- 'cause that was his ministry. Can't see yourself in that situation...

Neither could I, or the umpteen others, but one day there it was -- the truth, the man behind the curtain wasn't trying to lead me to Jesus but rather wanted to pull a stiff one eye. It was all about him.

The reason you love what he "said" is you only heard him repeat the words of the WORD of God. That tells me how powerful God's word is, that even on the lips of a man using it to boink teenagers -- the words off those beautiful pages still reached a heart looking for a loving God.

It was the power of Jesus Christ reaching you, with the words from a man, whom I do not think really ever believed the Bible, or could not have done the things he did -- (repeatedly).

It would be like a person who wants to make fun of the Bible reads a few verses to mock God -- and you heard them, and even through the mockery God's love was so strong they reached past the mocker and still gave love.

VPW was NOT a great man. God is a great God to have such a powerful love that it could be uttered by a fool and still reach the heart of a person.

Praise God, not VPW -- he really really is not worth your loyalty

Full Circle,

I certainly will never ever buy or accept that I have to be loving and forgiving to those that ABUSED ME or OTHERS
Well, that's your problem. The Word says that when we were still his enemies, Christ died for us. (Rom. 5:8) So what are you saying, that you will only be loving to those who love you? What reward will the Lord give you for that? (Matt. 5:46)

Watered Garden,

Oh and by the way - God saves, not VPW

Yes, God saves, God does many things but usually not without the cooperation of human beings. The ministry of reconciliation has been given to US.(2 Cor. 5:18)

People see the love of God when a person who rises up to put on the love of God, manifests it to others. Likewise with being saved. God saves, but only when someone who has the love and the boldness to share the message, speaks it to someone. How will they hear without someone preaching the message to them? (Rom. 10:14)

God isn't going to come down and personally witness to them and get them saved. He's invited us to do that.

Bolshevik,

None of us has used our position as "the man of God" to abuse our people
Hmmm, none of you? Ever? Not in any way? Mighty spiritual you must be.
Consider how much that we learned and believed while in TWI that we accepted just because Wierwille said so

Whose fault is that?

26 years I've been with The Way. Never, Never Never Never Never seen a soul saved, or a life turned for the better.
Why the hell did you stay for 26 years then? I saw plenty saved, right in my own fellowship...oh yeah, lives turned around too...the Word can do that, ya know?

WhatTheHey,

I have read your posts, and I am left with the question..."what the hey?" :wacko:

Abigail,

If there is a devil, then said being is still subject to the will of God. God gave MAN free will - I do not see where God gave such to the spirit realm.

You gotta be jokin' me, right? So Lucifer was lifted up with pride because God made him? :blink:

Mister-P-Mosh,

There have been women other than my wife interested in me, yet I haven't and won't sleep with them. Why? Because I have morals, self-discipline, and respect for my family. I'm an atheist. I have no gods helping me, yet I am capable of resisting temptation.
Maybe when it comes to adultery. But you have your deep rooted habits of sin just like the rest of us. You may be an atheist, but I'm sure you have a few gods in your life, you just don't know it.
According to some statistics, there are five times as many Scientologists in the world than your number of TWI followers (which is probably extremely inflated.) Does that mean that L. Ron Hubbard was a greater prophet than VPW? Let's not even get started on how many followers of Islam there are.

Uh, those are false religions. I'm sure there are many more animal rights activists than there has ever been people in TWI. So what? Any believer who has reached out to win even one person has done greater than them.

Jim,

He||, I think he's cabinet material. Give him 20-30 year and he could be the MOGFOT.

I was laughing so hard when I read that. Thanks for the good laugh!...sincerely! :biglaugh:

Edited by Lone Wolf McQuade