GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diana Krall:

Dooj, It's hard to believe anyone could have every been that good. I am so thankful he was in our lifetime so his things could be recorded and cherished like this. Thanks for these awesome choices. (oh btw Rick has a hat just like that one)
Kathy - I just love music that moves me and makes me feel deeply.....

Thanks for the KT Dunstall one. I've never heard of her.

As for the human metronome, what she was using is called a digital looper. What it does it allows you to record what you are playing and then you can layer on top. You can sound like a one man band. You can add a drum beat like how she bangts on the side of the guitar at the beginning and you can also add a bass line, then you can play the melody via chords, then you can also solo on top.

Dooj--we have to go ballooning when you come up. I've always wanted to do that.

BTW - The album One Trick Pony by Paul Simon has some excellent blues- especially the song, "Stranded in a Limo"

Anyone else out there familiar with it?

Edited by doojable

I didn't know Paul Simon was into the blues. Trick Pony? I'll have to check that one out. Hop that wasn't a "trick question".

I love that on of Eva Cassidy singing Fields of Gold. Ever heard her sing Tennessee Waltz. Check that one out.

Edited by polar bear