GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

I love all sorts of music, Im especially fond of things that just sort of happen in front of me with no effort of my own, I didnt know what to post on this thread, as most of the music I listen to, is normal people pickin on the backporch, or relative unknowns and not real music 'biz' or well known stuff, just things that crosss my pathI was working in a big old Episcopal church earlier this week, and they were rehearsing music for Holy Week, Im just as apt to listen to someone playing a banjo, Im a big old guy but this particular piece in that setting was so sublime it nearly moved me to tears.I hope that you dont mind a change of pace.St. Matthews Passion- J.S. Bach

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mstar,

Yes.. very moving. The audio alone would have been sufficient not too long ago on these forums but everyone wants video these days, no? But don't let me distract from the very moving music. Good taste my man. And I know a little something about the subject since I went through Ole Miss on a band scholarship.

sudo (acting like a musical expert)

AAAAAAaaaaahhh Thank You acts2,

That is an excellant song...I love it. It makes me feel like I could just move into this thread and live here in this wonderful atmosphere of love and great music!

Happy Easter Everyone, I Love You All, RG!

Ahh! A thread that soothes the savage breast. I've always wondered why it was that people had such different tastes in music. What would be very moving to one person (certain "classical" music for instance) would completely bore someone else.

Here's one I found and placed on my server.... American Trilogy by Elvis. I find it a very moving song but then I love America, the South and my Christian heritage. We have some Greasespotters from other countries here and they might not care for this at all.

sudo (wondering if Kit Sober is reading this thread :))

The "Bear's" right and thanks Sudo!

It is great if everyone shares their music. IMHO, it is a universal thread...that speaks in a voice that we can listen to or not... but more often than not it has a unifing affect.

Now it's time for a little fun. Check out this German Brass Emsemble singing and playing Bohemian Rhrapsody.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thx Polar Bear that was fun to watch. It sort of reminds me of Canadian Brass when they were playing concert. My son enjoyed watching it as well. Bohemian Rhrapsody is the Band theme song when they go on bus trips to their competitions. The Drum and Bugle Band won Southwestern Ontario competion and will be attending Ontario competition again in Trenton at the end of May. If you want to see a performance from last year. Search google video for 37 Courageous.

Act2,

That was beautiful including the video. It looked like lost loved ones in the pictures. I caught Amy Grant in it a couple of times. I guess she got booted from the Christian circle when she crossed over into pop music. But I imagine marrying Vince Gill made up for any pain that caused. ;)

Sudo,

My dad followed his concerts until the very last one he did before he died. What talent he had. What a loss.

WOW, Sudo, thanks for the Elvis video, how powerful and moving no matter how many times I watch it. Having lived in the Memphis area for 12 years or so, I appreciate Elvis more. Hubby and his cousin are super big fans of Elvis also.

Billy Haney who used to play at the Ramada in Memphis (Elvis came to watch him perform and invited him to Graceland and they stayed up all nite which was par for the course for Elvis anyway!!!) does a great job on the Trilogy also.

How could I put that from a video to here?

Yeah, Kathy, I imagine marrying Vince would make up for alot of pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Kathy. Yes, Yes, Yes.... I have pics of me and Vince Gill back stage at the Opry. In one pic, he is signing a pic of him!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I do love him and his voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redface2:

BTW, have you talked to your hubby yet about your route south??? By way of my hometown????

Thanks, I was thinking I knew something about you regarding him.

I'm on edge but am coming down from it and you are always a sweet reminder of the fun times we had together. Sitting in your living room on that comfy couch with pillows and curled up in a blanket sure is something I'd love to do again about now.

Love you sweetie.

I will talk to him about that this weekend. I forgot. :redface2:

WOW, Sudo, thanks for the Elvis video, how powerful and moving no matter how many times I watch it. Having lived in the Memphis area for 12 years or so, I appreciate Elvis more. Hubby and his cousin are super big fans of Elvis also.

Billy Haney who used to play at the Ramada in Memphis (Elvis came to watch him perform and invited him to Graceland and they stayed up all nite which was par for the course for Elvis anyway!!!) does a great job on the Trilogy also.

How could I put that from a video to here?

confused-smiley-004.gifconfused-smiley-004.gifconfused-smiley-004.gif

:dance:

Yes she is friends with him and has personal videos she has taken aside from the ones on youtube that she would like to bring here.

Well I think she is referring to other than the ones she has taken on that particular post, but she does have his stuff because she has sent me copies before.