GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is way way too funny bringing up David Garibaldi's name... Hubby played in the Way Orch for years. And he has said many times, that the ONLY thing worthwhile during that whole experience was playing with Garibaldi. He was a consummate musician. Impeccable workmanship!!!!True story.... in 1987... my husband was working a summer job painting houses. All day the radio would be playing on this small portable radio a co-worker would bring along. That summer Gino Vannelli (home boy from Montreal) comes out with this big hit called "WILD HORSES". My husband comes home and says... Honey, there's a new tune on the radio and I'll bet you a million dollars... Garibaldi is playing on that song. He was right! I couldn't believe he could pick out one drummer from another (what did I know :huh:). But he said, NO ONE plays like him!!! here it is... check out the drummer :

Edited by A la prochaine

These guys aren't for everybody, but they're smart, and brilliant musicians. They borrow from any style they need and make their own music. And the point is a message, like it or not.

They remind me of Hendrix, in their culture, but not of it, or above it. Beyond it.

Edited by satori001