GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rainbows Girl, thanks for the Celtic Women clips! I'll have to get a CD of them. I love that different sound…it sort of takes me to another place…like Enya, Moya Brennan and Loreena McKennitt.

Dooj, thanks for the Lyle clip. Tonto turned me onto him – love his stuff – especially the Live in Texas CD…very energetic…we've seen him several times – every show was great!

Wow....some great stuff on these pages...........This video has about a minute and a half intro if you can bear with it.......Im posting because Bluegrass Festival Season is here and Im hoping to catch these folks somewhere this summer, maybe at Grey Fox where this was filmed which is just a few miles from home.....Come on up (or over, or down) if you can in July, its a great time.....

Edited by mstar1

Mstar,Sweet... Nickel Creek.. I have their albums... i was sadden when they split up... but their albums are impeccable... produced by no other than Alison Krauss.. you can certainly hear her influence in their music...with that said.. lets do some alison ... Ok...the second song.. .written by the guitarist next to her... Ron Block has written the MOST beautiful Christian songs I have ever HEARD... get the kleenex out!

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Wow! I saw her when she was about 17 and known then as a fiddler, everytime I hear her voice now I swear I almost hear the voice of an angel....

speaking of gospelly type music, and music that can get me, at least emotionally tied to it and sometimes even... misty--- Ive been a fan of Ollabelle's rootsy gospel music for about 4 years now, when I saw them backing up the Blind Boys Of Alabama--they a have a great feel.

I cant find any videos of them that are any good, but

is a mini sort of documentary type thing Complete ..with out of synch audio!!) on them.

They play smaller venues and come through here about twice a year, if they are up your way check them out, I think that you would appreciate them

Edited by mstar1

ALA, thank you so much for the Allison Krause song. It is absolutely beautiful.

I am making a photo album for my graduation niece and am putting 4x6 cards with special quotes on them along with old pictures and recent ones as well. I was looking for something else and I think these words to A Living Prayer are IT!!!!!!

Keep the great music coming!!!!!!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Act 2,

I have a wonderful song for you appropriate for graduation... it's called : MAY I SUGGEST by Susan Werner...

I wasn't able to find anything on youtube and I can't remember how to post songs... from my itunes... so i'll just post the lyrics for now.

If someone can remind me of how it's done..by all means...

MAY I SUGGEST

Susan Werner

May I suggest

May I suggest to you

May I suggest this is the best part of your life

May I suggest

This time is blessed for you

This time is blessed and shining almost blinding bright

Just turn your head

And you'll begin to see

The thousand reasons that were just beyond your sight

The reasons why

Why I suggest to you

Why I suggest this is the best part of your life

There is a world

That's been addressed to you

Addressed to you, intended only for your eyes

A secret world

Like a treasure chest to you

Of private scenes and brilliant dreams that mesmerise

A lover's trusting smile

A tiny baby's hands

The million stars that fill the turning sky at night

Oh I suggest

Oh I suggest to you

Oh I suggest this is the best part of your life

There is a hope

That's been expressed in you

The hope of seven generations, maybe more

And this is the faith

That they invest in you

It's that you'll do one better than was done before

Inside you know

Inside you understand

Inside you know what's yours to finally set right

And I suggest

And I suggest to you

And I suggest this is the best part of your life

This is a song

Comes from the west to you

Comes from the west, comes from the slowly setting sun

With a request

With a request of you

To see how very short the endless days will run

And when they're gone

And when the dark descends

Oh we'd give anything for one more hour of light

And I suggest this is the best part of your life

Mstar,

A VOICE OF AN ANGEL.. she is actually spoken of in the circles of Nashville as such. I was introduced to Alison some 10-15 yrs ago... I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I have seen her twice in concert now and the last time she ended to concert with the Living Prayer song ... done I believe with only 3 guys from the band and a spotlight. Not a dry eye in the room. She says that these Ron Block songs are her favourite and it shows...because she sings them with such great conviction.

And she is quite the accomplished fiddle player. She did win (I think) the USA fiddle championship.

You can't go wrong with Alison, in my books!

and... I LOVE THAT OLLABELLE... KOOL!

Edited by A la prochaine

and... I LOVE THAT OLLABELLE... KOOL!

They are good and fun on alot of levels...- I get them again next week in a venue that only holds about 70 :)

and glad to see that there is another Susan Werner fan here, I saw her last summer and was absolutely blown out of the saddle by what an amazingly original songwriter she is-and performer --she is could convince me that I was lost in time

Enya - Carrabean blue Enya - Orinoco Flow (Sail Away) :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap: This is for Eyesopen, T-bone,me, and everyone who enjoys the Celtic music!I am sure enjoying the Really Nice Music from (((((((((((Everyone)))))))))))) :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Rainbows Girl, thanks for the clips of Enya and more Celtic Women. And Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons - ah does that bring back memories. I would stand on my brother’s bed so I could see myself in the mirror strumming a badminton racquet and lip-syncing to Walk Like a Man playing on his monaural record player. If you’ve ever heard me sing in a fellowship you’d be thankful I decided to play the bass instead of sing. Why, even to this day people will often say, “he makes that bass guitar sound just like a badminton racquet.” :biglaugh:

I'm curious to think of what you guys think of this guy. Marc Almond - Ruby Red He's been my fave artist since the early 80s.

And, yeah, if anyone even watches it and pays attention to it, he's a bit hedonistic in the videos, but his records are beautiful, even my 87 year old mother loves much of his stuff. This was the early 80s before videos were readily available on MTV like this I suppose.

In fact, I remember this being one of my mom's fave songs. She never saw the video, as far as I know. Love Letter

Oh, you guys will never listen to this stuff. It's too "gay" <_< baiting..............

Edited by RottieGrrrl

Act 2,

I have a wonderful song for you appropriate for graduation... it's called : MAY I SUGGEST by Susan Werner...

I wasn't able to find anything on youtube and I can't remember how to post songs... from my itunes... so i'll just post the lyrics for now.

If someone can remind me of how it's done..by all means...

Ala,

Yes, thank you again. This is quite appropriate. We had 469 graduates Friday nite. Though sitting thru all those names got boring, it was really a great presentation.

Cara will like this, I am sure.

I'm curious to think of what you guys think of this guy. Marc Almond - Ruby Red He's been my fave artist since the early 80s.

And, yeah, if anyone even watches it and pays attention to it, he's a bit hedonistic in the videos, but his records are beautiful, even my 87 year old mother loves much of his stuff. This was the early 80s before videos were readily available on MTV like this I suppose.

In fact, I remember this being one of my mom's fave songs. She never saw the video, as far as I know. Love Letter

Oh, you guys will never listen to this stuff. It's too "gay" <_< baiting..............

Yup -- I agree. He's pretty bad (not in the GOOD sense)!

:biglaugh: