GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satori,

the 5 last videos you posted were all canadian musicians... are you trying to tell us something? is there a theme?

the videos you posted before the last 5 i feel reveal something about you mr. satori. interesting.

The 3 prior videos may be full of meaning, but reading much into them may reveal more about the reader, than the poster. I am familiar with the first tune having heard it many times while on hold with a Taiwanese manufacturer waiting for technical support. I know, I'm bearing my soul now, but rather than hating it after countless repetitions, I grew to like it more and more - oh, and the lyrics really spoke to me.

Anyway, the other two songs were by the same artist. I'd never heard of her before, and always thought the tune was by Enya until last night. I do like Enya, and she does a version of the song, or had something to do with it. I haven't really looked into it.

As for the Canadians, I didn't know the last guy was among them. I have been to Canada, but have no plans to apply for citizenship. I like BNL because they're just likable. I generally don't like Cockburn, though he does some good music, in an interesting way.

Edited by satori001

Chatty why the face???and mr. satori... yes.. you have beared your soul here... wow... i've got to do this more often!!!I'm assuming the song that spoke to you lyrically was the second song??? the one with the fairy like person at the beginning of the video? and Dooj... OMG... crank it up??? oh ... now she has competition... a monster has been created :o interesting... as I was typing this.. i read this advertisement just above this box here that said... BE PART OF JESUS.interesting way to put it.things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................ok... morning post... Joann.. there is interesting art in this video - pour toi.. enjoy!

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap: Satori, Dooj, Doogie and A la!Enjoy, Bear with me, Forgive me, look the other way or whatever else you have to do! Don't be to hard on me, I could put up far older music Kay Kaiser or "Mellow Yellow" etc, cuz I like it all! (except Heavy metal and some rap).Hey I am a girl who is always looking for options in all areas...I needed another Up On The Roof option. So here are the Drifter's with my song! :mellow: I Love the Drifters and the Motown sound, but notice A la I am being good and putting the older ones in few and far between! I truly do very much enjoy the popular music posts and the Canadians artists you have introduces me to! Thank You All! I respectfully yield to all of you and your knowledge of music. :dance::dance::dance: Edited by RainbowsGirl

Here is something for people like me who like to play sitting around the kitchen table or the front porch from Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee... or if you prefer heres the same song 50 or so years later up on a big stage with BB King and Jeff Beck

Edited by mstar1

I woke up this morning to a pouring rain---my first thoughts were.."let it rain..let it pour..let it rain a whole lot more... which naturally lead to this old Doc Watson classic after alittle searching a laso found this duet with Doc and Leo Kottke doing Last Steam Engine Train on Prairie Home Companion, which I think I could enjoy watching anyday of the week

wow...

mstar... you just can't ever get enough of ella and satchmo... they were in a league all of their own...

thanks for thinking of me this morning... nice smooth harmonica playing...

I might be seeing Leo K this summer!

and Doc Watson... toooooo cool!

Edited by A la prochaine