GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

OH .... so much music and so little time! Harry and of course Tom Chapin... I must search for his stuff ....OK... Back to Dougie... you introduced the great Joni... well... Here's a great little clip of her life... The first video is a biography and the second is the actual song that the first video ends with. California...one of my all time favourites. Enjoy :wub:

Edited by A la prochaine

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Ala You could never post too many of the great musical artists in my opinion. You know of so many talented and gifted artists and you have great musical knowlege and taste. I am very partial to folk and blues music. Joni Mitchell and Harry Chapan, Woodie and Arlo Guthrie, Carole King, James Taylor, Carley Simon and Norah Jone to name only a few have always strummed my heart strings and infected my thoughts! I love all gentres of music; except most rap and heavy metal.

Dear Kathy, We All sure love you a whole bunch ((((((((((((Kathy))))))))) :wub: and anyone here would be more than Blessed and Honored to be your good neighbor. It would be great to be able to hear you sing and play, or to party, and hang out with you :dance::beer::drink::knuddel: ; not to mention the all year round roof sitting availability! :) :offtopic: Not that you can, I supose be off the topic on the music thread in this case; because "You are a heart and soul music girl"???...but I sure will miss you when you're on the road to your new home and settling in. The Music Thread seems to be the most appropriate place to send you my heart felt wishes and prayers; that you trip is safe, sound, happy and free of any unwanted incidents. I hope that you and your family have wonderful adventure! Can't wait to hear about it all!I hope you get to visit Acts2 and her family! That would be so very enjoyable for all of you...she has such a beautiful heart and is such a gracious lady!Please Insert Florida in this Lynard Skynrd song in honor of you new State. I sure hope you like Florida! I went out WOW there. I met a lot of interesting people there and had some really memorable times and made some life long friends. Since life is so much about trying to make good and loving memories; I guess it doesn't really matter where exactly that you find them; just that you do....and that my dear sister and friend is what I hope for you and your family in your new home! I hope you make great and enduring friendships there too. I was near St. Augustine. Florida is great State and I hope you love it. Although I guess that I am, and I will always be a four seasons girl...someone has to like the snow! Hey my idea of retirement will probably be Alaska :jump: If you miss any of the four seasons you're always welcome to come for the holidays...or any other old time.It's gonna be fun to make you new home homey! Enjoy this new beginning!, I Love You, (((((((((((Kathy)))))))))))), RG "Sweet Home Alabama" or Florida

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Hey, RG,

I love Sweet Home Alabama. I lived there for 18 months in 1991-1992.

Kathy, we are heading to AR to see our little Sarah Jane play soccer in Jonesboro this weekend. I will think of you while you are driving and traveling. We are also going to W. Memphis and have dinner with some of our friends Friday nite. I hope to get there in time to see Bill H@ney and get a big hug from him!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, keep on posting!!!!!!!!!!!

Act2,

I regret that we are not going to be coming through your area in route to Florida. :( But that doesn't mean we can't connect at your place or mine down the road a spell. :)

RG,

Sweet Home Alabama is right up there in the 2 or 3 favorites of their songs. Pure delight they are! Thank you so much for your sweet wishes and your post just confirmed that I want you as my neighbor even more than before.

No lie RG you really have loads of angel inside of you!

I left the office along with all my decorations and turned in my pass card. Bittersweet it is. Also my boss is leaving the end of the month and the girl that I just trained is not comfortable with both of us leaving. I shouldn't worry about it but I don't think she will hang in there and I can't seem to shake the concern for the company.

Oh well. I have moving to attend to don't I.

At the suggestion of a good friend.....Jimmy Cliff - "Many Rivers to Cross"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

...A remarkable song...so much heart...can anyone here NOT relate to it?...thanks Doogie.

Sorry for that double post Ala-someone asked about that tune and I didn't feel like going through all the pages. Just lazy.

Thanks for the Joni Mitchell stuff, she is one lady who didn't sell out her music. I have great admiration for her. A great Canadian.

RG-what did I tell you, wait till Ala gets started here, we're in for trouble now. LOL

And Dooj.thanks for the stuff on the Mavericks, l love those guys. Do you like Chirs Issac? You have great taste in music too.

Thanks Kath,

I have never heard Chris Isaac. He is great!

I love your work ethic, and I am sure that your company will miss you a lot. I bet it is so very hard to leave for you! I hope the girl you trained works out. Are you transferring to another position in Fla. within the same company?

New beginnings, New adventures, New dreams and New heart...those big steps...sometimes all the news become even better than the olds!!!

Love You CK, RG

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Hey sweetie,

Actually I am going to stay unemployed for a week while I set the house up then get temp work in the beginning but I am looking into some work with the county actually which has great benefits.

Sadly I don't think the girl I just trained will hang in there long as I saw it in her eyes she was worried about the work knowing my boss was leaving also (or her boss now) so I just called my boss and told her it was in the best interest of the company to shift important things from my replacement to the girl in Operations that I had also cross trained. Now I can let it go. Although before I do let me brag for a moment. My boss's boss called me into her office yesterday and said if she could have cloned me she would and she still thinks I could run the United Nations (to which I almost died laughing but never let her see it) (me run the UN :biglaugh: ).

I need to get back to work now.

Bye again.

Edited by ChattyKathy

Sweetie,

Mostly..Never say never!!!...You way underestimate yourself!!!...Everyone does...it is a common problem of all mankind. I am as sure as she is that you could. I believe you have all the talent, intestinal fortitude and ability to accomplish anything you set your mind and heart to do!

Hey you would have to go along way to out brag your friends family and loved ones when it comes to bragging about you...and where you may say I have never seen you work or that I know you only in cyberspace. True but not! Your stellar and brilliant heart shines through and speaks to many other hearts even in cyberspace!!!

I know moving and settling in is hard work...but play your music and it will go faster. Enjoy decorating your new home!

Stay Safe, Love CK, RG