GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're doin' our favorite country singers this week (I've givin you the Rankins) I'll give you one more you may not of heard off. This is a Canadian group I don't think they are big in the states, but you should pick up a couple of their albums they are great.Blue Rodeo-listen to these songs this guy can sing. His name- Jim Cuddy

Edited by polar bear

Dooj... Nice work!!!

OOOOOHHHHHH.... the Travelin' Wilburys.... coolest music ever!

PB.... MY all time favourite Blue Rodeo Tune

There is so much pain in this song... it just rips right into you!

one more...

This is Jim Cuddy (lead singer) of Blue Rodeo with Kathleen Edwards... (opening act for John Mayer 2 nights ago in T.O.)

For Dougie!

Edited by A la prochaine

This isnt really a music vid, but I occasionally wake up with this infectious ditty stuck in my head, Its a good morning tune---so I happend upon this and posted. Pictures are from the John Muir Trail .....

Edited by mstar1

Mstar... NICE NICE NICE... A little Bruce Cockburn on a lovely spring day.. doesn't get much better.

I was a complete Cockburn junkie in the 80's ... right about when that album came out and his earlier stuff too... he's an amazing guitarist.

I saw him live in 1982 in Ottawa and the National Arts Centre. He was just getting into his 'harder' electric sound and I didn't get to hear the more accoustic side of him which I loved more.

His newest album released in 2006 shows him getting back to his roots I think ... here's a taste ...

OK... I tried to find an old song of Bruce's.. hard to find...but I found this one... All The Diamonds In The World

you can certainly see his Christian influence in this song... and many others.

I was actually wanting to post... Going To The Country.. MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE!

LIKE EAGLE

YW= YOU"RE WELCOME

Edited by A la prochaine

Doojable,

Re:"Sudo - nice video - but don't you think THREE posts of the same song by the SAME POSTER is a bit much."

I was responding to folks or referring to my post with the song. To make sure what song I was referring to (when so many songs are being posted) I included it again in each post. Now be honest.. its been a few days since I posted it and if I didn't post it below.. you wouldn't remember would you? THAT'S why I included the link in each post. Sorry it bothered you but Suda told me the same thing you did.. she didn't know why I included it in each post either. And here I was trying to make things easier for everybody.

So Suda tells me this morning that I never answered who the singer was... My bad again.. she is Kristen Chenowyth and for the 4th time.. just to make sure you guys know which video I'm talking about...

sudo