GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's try this one. Video is horrible, but love this song by KiKi Dee. Sure wish I could find her singing "I Will Survive", it's so much better than Gloria Gaynor's version.

Hope you enjoy!

Suda

Heres a few from one of my favorite guitarists, unfortunately there arent many clips of him as he spent the better part of his life being a poor street gospel singer, singing Jesus songs for sparechange and developing an incredible guitar style and it wasnt until the folk scare of the early 60's that he got 'discovered', became the mentor to an untold number of great guitar players and became fairly well known.Anyway from Rev Gary Davis heres two: Hope you donr mind a gospel mood--i can always listen to Rev Davis

Edited by mstar1

My Pleasure

I dont know if this qualifies as music or not, but it is a sound that I really like and reaches someplace important and centering within me.

Unfortunately I just have a short clip

HERE

My friend Ed played with Frank Zappa for about 15 years, now he plays and makes sounds with gongs and bells and and things...He does sound healing seminars now,, although he is really just an old rock and roller. After a few minutes of him playing live you are like anew person

Edited by mstar1

Hi Ala

I was/am a huge Jethro Tull fan, their early stuff especially for me when I was younger conjured up inner imagery of of all sorts of medieval and mysterious things.

I was making a stained glass window for an old cathedral that evoked the same feelings one time and while listening to Tull painted a small image of Anderson in silhouette from the Living in The Past cover in an unobtrusive spot in the window as sort of an iconic image that would blend in with the other images in the window as sort of a personal thank you to what his music meant to me.

Fast Forward about 10 years I find the Jethro Tull website on the new to me internet and Ian Anderson has an email address, so I wrote him a fairly substantive letter thanking him for his music, what it had meant to me blah blah and telling him the story about putting his picture in a stained glass window ina cathedral

I never heard back from him but about a year later the new Tull album came out:

and the album cover art was the same image of Anderson that I described silhouetted in a

stained glass window-- :unsure: :spy: :)

To stay clear It wasnt my art that actually made the cover, but it did fit the description very closely that I wrote to him....

(this is the only photo I can find which isnt too good)

f24102axdrb.jpg

Its probably all a coincidence but when I first saw it it sure made my day

Edited by mstar1