GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

Hello,I've been thinking about this thread lately. Like I said... so much music, so little time. I was actually saying to myself, there should only be one music post allowed per page and the rest comments. That way we'd all get a good taste of each musician and/or the particular song. But I realize, that is not realistic, since there could a song NO one would have anything to say and that would offend the poor poster. :( I just listened to the John Prine/Iris Dement song that Dooj posted. My admiration for John Prine never ceases. His ability with words and the way he puts a song together is humbling. He connects. To me it is obvious that he has never allowed his place in the musical world to forget about what life is all about. Thanks PB for warning the posters here about me ... :lol: I have been holding back I must say. There are days/nights I could post like the music junkie I really am, but I have been controlling myself. I think Dooj has been doing a good job though all on her own!Also, sorry about the double posting mention... I thought perhaps old age was kicking in.. :unsure: I did watch a ton of Dylan videos last night... interviews, songs, early early stuff, stuff he did with Johnny Cash. That was interesting, since I know Cash was a huge admirer of Dylan. At one time, Johnny Cash gave Dylan his guitar. What an honour for such a young man.

Edited by A la prochaine

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice videos MR. '73 ... I have been pondering Dylan for some time now... And I forgot to mention here that it was Dougie who got me on this Dylan thingy... so he's to blame.. :wink2: Bryan Adams has had a remarkable musical career. He's a canuck too! :P Here's my all-time favourite Bryan Adam's song:

Edited by A la prochaine

I love Etta James - At Last :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap: All the music here today was great...All Music is Great!...but so hard to keep up with it all in comments. I love all your choices and I applaud you all! I especially right now loved hearing Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash though. All of it was so good each it it's own way...to me to compare music is to compare people it is just plain silly. I just appreciate it. Sure like everyone does I have my favorites...but I reverence all the messengers and messages as distinctly separate and value them all uniquely.

Edited by RainbowsGirl

I was raised in a Southern Baptist church so this Lyle Lovett song really hits home. Anyone else remember sitting in church Sunday mornings and wondering if the preacher was *EVER* going to quit preaching and let everyone out to eat?? Click HERE! You'll like it I think if you're partial to Gospel music.

sudo

ahhhhh Dougie.... JAYHAWKS.... We have talked sooooooo many times how we wished there was more Jayhawks on You Tube! OK... I searched high and low... I came up with this Jayhawk's tune but the video is of a japanese cartoon... so I've decided to post the song ONLY You Look So YoungThis is the lead singer Gary Louris video... This is Gary Louris, lead singer to the Jayhawks

I was raised in a Southern Baptist church so this Lyle Lovett song really hits home. Anyone else remember sitting in church Sunday mornings and wondering if the preacher was *EVER* going to quit preaching and let everyone out to eat?? Click HERE! You'll like it I think if you're partial to Gospel music.
sudo
Sudo -- THAT WAS GREAT!!!