GreaseSpot Cafe

He Is Risen

Danny

Using standard Internet skepticism: Pictures or it didn't happen. :evildenk:

He Is Risen Indeed! :eusa_clap:

Ya know, way back as long as I can remember, my dear sweet Mother would wake us on Easter morning by shouting: "He is Risen!" And we kids would respond with a gleeful; "He is Risen Indeed!!" And, my dear sweet Mom, who just had her 86th birthday in March, still carries on the tradition and I did get that expected phone call this morning. Yup, the three greatest words ever uttered, and I guess it was Gabriel giving that message to, who was it, Mary?

And Greasy Tech, what are you saying?

yepper! And I for one, am very grateful!

It wasn't until I read and understood JCOP that I really began to understand how great that really was! But let's not drive this down to doctrinal.

Using standard Internet skepticism: Pictures or it didn't happen. :evildenk:

From what I hear, pictures can be faked now ... I mean undetectably faked, so even in court they are not really irrefutable evidence. Just what my resident geek told me ...

Seriously you guys know me! I am not a vp fan - and as you could predict, he didn't research and write this one either. The work is sound - read it for once if you still have it, now that the twi scales have dropped off your eyes and see if it doesn't make this a richer experience for you now.

k

yepper! And I for one, am very grateful!

It wasn't until I read and understood JCOP that I really began to understand how great that really was! But let's not drive this down to doctrinal.

Groucho,

A day off work? Didn't realize that many people were normally scheduled to work on a Sunday. Here in Tennesse we don't celebrate "Easter Monday" as we did in North Carolina. Guess it changes from region to region.

Hope you enjoyed your Easter and maybe get Monday off, too.

Suda

Last year, when Kristopher was enrolled in a Christian pre-school, I got a little concerned about how much detail the kids would get about what Easter is really all about. Although I think he should know the truth about it eventually, I didn't want him to get a lot of details just yet about the cruxifiction, etc.

I remember picking him up one day, just before Easter, and he says to me, "Mommy, I learned what Easter is all about!"

I remember sorta biting my lip and asking him to tell me what he learned...

(... and I will NEVER forget this.... this is the good stuff in life, this here....)

He says, "Jesus got up and Mary was glad!"

Yes, what better way to express gratitude for the death and rising of a supposed Jewish Messiah

-than by feasting upon the flesh of roasted pig.

:rolleyes:

roflmao!!!!! That is just too damned funny. Aaron, my 10 year old, was asking me last week when Easter was coming. I was teasing him and saying "We're Jewish, we don't celebrate Easter" [We do - well we do the basket part, it isn't a religious holiday for us].

So then he asked what religion Easter was for and what it was all about, so I explained to him that it was a Christian holiday in celebration of the day Jesus rose. He gave me this very puzzled look - he, like many I am sure, just could not figure out how the Easter Bunny played into that. Of course from there, he needed to know how Santa fit into Christmas.

I have no idea how accurate this is, but I told him those things were just ways to make the holidays more fun for children, sort of the way we hide a matzoh on Passover for the kids to find.