GreaseSpot Cafe

Did You Re-Evaluate What You Were Taught?

Oakspear

...I have often, very often in fact, quoted the exact same passage in Jeremiah 36 that you just quoted.

There is a short time gap between God's originally giving the words for that burned scroll and God's giving the second scroll WITH MANY WORDS ADDED. God altered via addition His own word after a short time gap.

There is another instance where a scroll(s?) was buried in the temple debris for a longer time gap, and then found.

It just so happens that there was a 2000 year gap for us...

The span of time is not the issue. How do you know exactly what's missing from the original ancient Scriptures – if you don't have original ancient Scriptures to refer to? You're not making any sense.

...The fullness that was lost, that was in the spoken and originally written Word of the first century, was the learning of the power to do all the things Jesus Christ did and greater...

So you’re saying there’s portions of the Bible missing that would reveal this?

Edited by T-Bone

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, in a way.

All the Bibles available in bookstores are devoid of authority, and subject to re-evaluation with the keys, as Oakspear pointed out.

No bookstore Bibles are authoritative. They aren't given by revelation, but by perspiration. They have SOME revelation incorporated with them, but crucial errors too.

God arranged for grads to have something authoritative in written form, AND something sufficient to enable us grads to see Christ at his return, which is now, kinda.

Written PFAL is authoritative; bookstore Bibles are not, and never were.

Edited by Mike

am I seeing DOUBLE?

Yeah – you're seeing double – and we're all experiencing déjà vu. Here we go again over the greatest epistle to the 21st century church – PFAL the Mike Edition.

Edited by T-Bone

Mike, are you really saying the PF*L books are equal to, or replace, the bible? Sure sounds that way.

Uh oh. Now you've done it.

If you read something in the Bible and it contradicts something in PFAL, PFAL is right and the Bible is wrong. That's basically what you need to know about Mike. (Just thought I'd give the shorthand answer).

Uh oh. Now you've done it.

If you read something in the Bible and it contradicts something in PFAL, PFAL is right and the Bible is wrong. That's basically what you need to know about Mike. (Just thought I'd give the shorthand answer).

Then according to that definition, Raf, you are the wrongest person alive per TWI and PFAL diehards. How dare you challenge established hypocricy. Are you not ashamed? You should be marked and avoided for your possessed behavior! What do you think of that!

I'll write more about that after my head stops spinning around.

Eagle

T-Bone,

I've got to get out of here before any more of the pose arrives. I just don't have time.

You wrote: “The span of time is not the issue. How do you know exactly what's missing from the original ancient Scriptures – if you don't have original ancient Scriptures to refer to? You're not making any sense.”

God restored (and added to) what was lost by way of His 1942 intervention, teaching Dr and his editors for 40 plus years what to put into written form. I don’t need to know this by deduction or induction, I read it in the written revelation of PFAL’s “book and magazine form.”

You wrote: “So you’re saying there’s portions of the Bible missing that would reveal this?”

I’m not sure I said missing.

Lost, yes. Things can be lost via many methods, and removal is only one such method. Things can be camouflaged in many ways. Language and culture changes are phenomena no one has a complete handle on… appealing back to Oakspear’s lament on the slipperiness of operating the keys in that area.

It would be a long discussion (too long) to include the possibility that entire chapters or books of the New Testament were lost to both the customary Canon AND to the apocryphal ones.

Mike, are you really saying the PF*L books are equal to, or replace, the bible? Sure sounds that way.

That's precisely what he's saying. He seriously believes Christ will come back with PFAL in one arm. For more information, please visit the Soap Opera and Doctrinal for more on Mike. He's notorious for derailing threads like this. <_<

Oak,

I began questioning things we were taught a year or so before the Y2K hysteria started, but had become so beaten down that I didn't trust myself to think straight and certainly didn't feel 'intelligent' enough to even be able to argue that they were wrong, no matter what kind of evidence I found contrary to what they were teaching.

Like I said on another thread, I was accused of visiting the internet before I did because they didn't think I was smart enough to come up with half the things I was questioning.

It started with little things like "epiluo", the face of the deep, the Eve-lesbian thing, debt, etc. I was building, in my own mind, a case against them teaching "the rightly divided word". Every time I would ask questions, I'd get shot down, ignored or placated with "we'll talk later".

THEN came the big "stay off the internet" announcement. It was a clarion call for me - "they're hiding something" - What is on the internet that they don't want us to know??

That's when I found WayDale and that you had been studying a lot of the same things. :)

I started, then, with Raf's Blue Book Commentary and Errors in PFAL, Research Geek's Top 10 and J Barrax's PFAL Review.

Then, I got tired of looking at TWI teachings again, even though it was a beneficial exercise to see how much error there was in everything we were taught.

I ventured into the history of how the Bible came to be, how Christianity came to be, what was "banned from the Bible" and why, etc. I looked into the Nag Hammadi Scrolls, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the scrolls concerning Mary Magdalene, The Gnostic Gospels, Research by Elaine Pagels.....

I looked into "What the Bleep", "Why People Believe Weird Things", Reiki, Chakras, etc.

I looked into things I would have been afraid to look into while involved with TWI. I've not come to any conclusions about what I actually DO believe, but I'm okay with that. I have come to the conclusion that TWI was full of crappola and if there's anything good to salvage from it, then it will come back up in my own personal quest - no need to hold onto anything TWI.

T-Bone,

I've got to get out of here before any more of the pose arrives. I just don't have time.

You wrote: "The span of time is not the issue. How do you know exactly what's missing from the original ancient Scriptures – if you don't have original ancient Scriptures to refer to? You're not making any sense."

God restored (and added to) what was lost by way of His 1942 intervention, teaching Dr and his editors for 40 plus years what to put into written form. I don't need to know this by deduction or induction, I read it in the written revelation of PFAL's "book and magazine form." ...

You .

It's forbidden to add or subtract words to God's original prophecy - I read that in Revelation 22:18,19.

...You wrote: "So you're saying there's portions of the Bible missing that would reveal this?"

I'm not sure I said missing.

Lost, yes. Things can be lost via many methods, and removal is only one such method. Things can be camouflaged in many ways. Language and culture changes are phenomena no one has a complete handle on… appealing back to Oakspear's lament on the slipperiness of operating the keys in that area.

It would be a long discussion (too long) to include the possibility that entire chapters or books of the New Testament were lost to both the customary Canon AND to the apocryphal ones.

I agree there's lots of ways to defend PFAL theology: re-interpret, misconstrue, re-define, avoid specifics, etc.

Oak, I'm sorry I opened my big mouth and derailed the thread - hopefully it will get back on track - unless the original ancient topic is unrecoverable...Ok, ok...ok! I swear this is my last post on this issue - I've got it off my chest - "we're all out of the man now." Love and peace to you, Mike.

Edited by T-Bone

In that second to the last verse of John's Revelation, the word "book" should read "scroll."

It was referring to that scroll, not the Canonical collection which came hundreds of years later.

I know we can't add to God's Word just as a general principle, but He can, like He did in Jeremiah 36.

I'm betting my time that He added a bunch to PFAL too.

Peace and love to you too, T-Bone.

Edited by Mike

In that second to the last verse of John's Revelation, the word "book" should read "scroll."

It was referring to that scroll, not the Canonical collection which came hundreds of years later.

I know we can't add to God's Word just as a general principle, but He can, like He did in Jeremiah 36.

I'm betting my time that He added a bunch to PFAL too.

Peace and love to you too, T-Bone.

Mike

Can you be a bit more specific on that "He added a bunch to PFAL too." statement?

What things do you think God added via PFAL that were unknown previously?

...Listener...(and all other newbies)...Mike is considered by many to be GreaseSpot's "village idiot"...He is the epitomization of what can happen to a person (in the EXTREME degree), when they "make pfal their own"...he has elevated the words of VP Wierwille above the bible and thinks that he is right and everyone else is wrong...

Some people here become very angry and frustrated at the things that he posts...however, I have found that he is great comedy relief. Whenever life starts getting me down, I read one of Mike's posts and I suddenly feel better because no matter what my problem is...I simply say to myself..."at least I don't think the way this guys does"...works every time. :)

Ahha. I get it. I couldn't believe anyone would make such a goofy statement.

vp writing the "New Word of God" replacing the bible?....what incredible foolishness!

I thought I'd heard some out-there statements at TWI, but this one beats them all!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

vp writing the "New Word of God" replacing the bible?....what incredible foolishness!

Docvic re-wrote anything and everything you'll read in the OT and the NT.

Not only will you find his *revelations* in the pfal books,

they are also to be found in all Way magazine articles as well.

And audio tapes don't count. It's the WRITTEN word, not the SPOKEN word.

Study to show yourself approved, but study pfal.

The bible doesn't count.

Any questions --- ask Mike. ;)

It just so happens that there was a 2000 year gap for us.

He's nailing our whole scale reverting back to

tradition of searching for truth in the writings of men like the KJV,

other versions, or the critical Greek texts.

the REAL Bible as our only rule for faith and practice, not some version.

THAT is the greatest literal secret in the world,

that the written forms of PFAL comprise God's book, the Bible, the written

Word of God.

Is this a JOKE? You can't really be saying that PFAL is the real Bible????????