GreaseSpot Cafe

Fellowship at the California Limb Home

Nato

OK, so I moved to California about 5 years ago. When I was growing up in the Way, I'd always heard how big California limb meetings were compared to many other states (such as Idaho where I lived at one point). So then I get here, and it was pretty good size (for a post-POP Way that is). The LCs had fellowship in their house and it was always a lot of people (up to 30 maybe), plus there were quite a few other fellowships in the area. We went to the LC fellowship up until we left TWI.

We've been out for about a year and a half.

Found out today that when EVERYONE shows up at fellowship at the LC house their meeting consists of: the LC family, an old married couple (sometimes with their mentally unstable son), and a family five.

So that's about 15 people at the LIMB COORDINATOR'S own fellowship.

This is in Southern California.

Also, there's MAYBE one or two other fellowships in the branch left, and those hardly have anyone in them either. In fact they had to start having double-branch meetings with the fellowships by San Diego by the time I was claiming my escape pod.

I surely hope this is a good indicator of what's going on with the rest of the cult.

I know the Florida contingency continues to shrink. Orlando was huge in the early 90's, by the time I left three years ago there weren't 1/3 of the people left.

I'm so glad to hear more and more people are coming to their senses. :eusa_clap:

Thanks, Nato!

OK, so I moved to California about 5 years ago. When I was growing up in the Way, I'd always heard how big California limb meetings were compared to many other states (such as Idaho where I lived at one point). So then I get here, and it was pretty good size (for a post-POP Way that is). The LCs had fellowship in their house and it was always a lot of people (up to 30 maybe), plus there were quite a few other fellowships in the area. We went to the LC fellowship up until we left TWI.

We've been out for about a year and a half.

Found out today that when EVERYONE shows up at fellowship at the LC house their meeting consists of: the LC family, an old married couple (sometimes with their mentally unstable son), and a family five.

So that's about 15 people at the LIMB COORDINATOR'S own fellowship.

This is in Southern California.

Also, there's MAYBE one or two other fellowships in the branch left, and those hardly have anyone in them either. In fact they had to start having double-branch meetings with the fellowships by San Diego by the time I was claiming my escape pod.

I surely hope this is a good indicator of what's going on with the rest of the cult.

I lived in San Diego when I left TWI in December 2002. At that time, there were about 7 or 8 fellowships in San Diego. I went to a California Limb Meeting around September 2001. There were people from the San Francisco Bay Area, San Diego, and the LA area. It seemed like less people when I went to my last phone hook up in Anaheim in October 2002. It was a hookup with HQ for the anniversary. I'm sure it's less now.

Edited by Nottawayfer

Like I said, there should be 2000 or less adults across the USA currently in twi.

Some adults leave each year, with far fewer joining every year.

Children raised in twi often leave as soon as they can.

Those that DON'T are so mentally crippled that they are barely significant even IN twi.

(In those families they didn't succeed into intimidating against having KIDS.)

The young are smart enough to look up twi online when they hear of it-

IF they hear of it. They see enough reason to run away.

The old are slow to join strange religious movements.

twi is losing membership numbers every year, experiencing "negative population growth".

That means they can't keep their numbers the SAME-they lose more people than they gain.

twi membership average ages go up and up...composed of fewer and fewer people who

hang on because they're old and slow to LEAVE strange religious movements as well.

New members? No.

Old members? Sometimes they leave, sometimes they die off, sometimes they don't.

Without replacing the numbers-and they haven't done THAT since the 1980s-

they get smaller and smaller every year, and it is inevitable that they will shrink into

nonexistence, and die out like the Shaker communities.

(Although the Shaker communities were nice people.)

Every year both groups get smaller and smaller, and eventually will die out entirely.

I was just thinking the same thing Nate........

I just got the "news'' of the South Florida Branch Coordinators, Rich and Vera O'Nei! that are moving to HQ after 12 years of "Faithful service'' in that area!

whoooo hooooo, they must be happy.

You know, that area used to be swinging. Now, its down to 2 fellowships. (one in which they ran, and now, has no coordinator). Guess everyone bought homes.

Have fun in OHIO guys! :wave:

I was just thinking the same thing Nate........

I just got the "news'' of the South Florida Branch Coordinators, Rich and Vera O'Nei! that are moving to HQ after 12 years of "Faithful service'' in that area!

whoooo hooooo, they must be happy.

You know, that area used to be swinging. Now, its down to 2 fellowships. (one in which they ran, and now, has no coordinator). Guess everyone bought homes.

Have fun in OHIO guys! :wave:

The thing that has struck me odd for several years is that 2 fellowships are now considered a branch???!!!

How many ex WC here got dropped for not being able to coordinate a branch? Now look at how they (twi) has dropped their "high" standard Oh well--Thank God we are outta there!

I lived in San Diego when I left TWI in December 2002. At that time, there were about 7 or 8 fellowships in San Diego. I went to a California Limb Meeting around September 2001. There were people from the San Francisco Bay Area, San Diego, and the LA area. It seemed like less people when I went to my last phone hook up in Anaheim in October 2002. It was a hookup with HQ for the anniversary. I'm sure it's less now.

Question- about how many people would you say were at the CA limb meeting?

I can't say for sure, but I would guess anywhere between 100-125.

Nato, were you at that meeting? It was at a hotel in Anaheim (on the east side of I-5?) for the anniversary celebration that year. It was HORRIBLY long and boring!!!!! They had 20-year recognitions at that event.