To Sag or not to Sag

Abigail

Would you ban them?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. I am wondering how many would make sagging pants illegal

• I would offer jail time and/or a large fine
    • I would charge a small fine
    • People have a right to dress however they want

Apparently a town in Louisianna is considering banning the sagging pants. The story is HERE

They are considering a $500 fine and/or 6 months in jail.

Personally, I think it is the most stupid "fashion trend" I have ever seen. One day walking I saw a man with two pair of boxer shorts - worn in such a fashion so that you could see the band from both pairs, and pants sagging under his behind. It took everything I had not to burst out laughing as I imagined the time it took him to get those boxers on, just so, and belt those pants just so, so they sagged at just the right place.

Aaron tried to wear his pants like that once. I told him how the fad got started and he has never tried it again. :lol: :jump:

Edited by Abigail

They shown that young men are developing hip problems because of the way that they have to walk to keep their pants up when they're baggy like that.

And the do look ridiculous!

They shown that young men are developing hip problems because of the way that they have to walk to keep their pants up when they're baggy like that.

And the do look ridiculous!

Ah, young people... just another example to illustrate the eternal truth that YOUTH is wasted on the YOUNG!

1058.gif

btw, I voted for people have a right to dress however they want... but even THAT has limits...

Perhaps we should outlaw T-shirts that say MADE IN VAGINA!

trink36.gif

btw, is THAT the Pepsi Generation?

Mayor Carol Broussard said he would sign an ordinance the town council approved this week setting penalties of up to six months in jail and a $500 fine for being caught in pants that show undergarments or certain parts of the body.

This law could be bad for plumbers.

Edited by Cynic

Perhaps we should outlaw T-shirts that say MADE IN VAGINA!

trink36.gif

btw, is THAT the Pepsi Generation?

Just don't talk to 21 year old girls about the t-shirts...

You need to find a way to reverse that smiley!

...I look at these guys walking around with their pants half down their arse and I feel like yelling "PULL YOUR PANTS UP!!!"

I try to imagine myself wearing my pants that way and it would make me feel very uncomfortable...how can you walk when your trousers are falling down? I recall sitting on the can one day when the phone rang...I ran for the phone with my pants that way and I didn't care much for it...I suppose that I should be glad that they wear underwear...Can you imagine? :evilshades:

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

...I look at these guys walking around with their pants half down their arse and I feel like yelling "PULL YOUR PANTS UP"?

I try to imagine myself wearing my pants that way and it would make me feel very uncomfortable...how can you walk when your trousers are falling down?...I suppose that I should be glad that they wear underwear...

They actually have to walk with a real bow-legged gait....NOT real attractive.

...I look at these guys walking around with their pants half down their arse and I feel like yelling "PULL YOUR PANTS UP!!!"

I try to imagine myself wearing my pants that way and it would make me feel very uncomfortable...how can you walk when your trousers are falling down? I recall sitting on the can one day when the phone rang...I ran for the phone with my pants that way and I didn't care much for it...I suppose that I should be glad that they wear underwear...Can you imagine? :evilshades:

I'd rather NOT imagine that.... thank you very much.

One of my pet peeves is when a female, any age, but I've seen them as young as 12-13 (in public only) and as old as... well, older than me... bending over with their thong underwear showing above the beltline of the pants. It just plain looks disgusting. And NOT the least bit sexy.

and Dooj... this is for you, by your request... 1267.gif

When I was in about third or fourth grade, I had to walk the kid across the street to school. He was in first grade. Not that the streets of inner city Cleveland were dangerous or anything, our parents just thought it would be nice.

One morning when Sammy arrived at the front door, as was his custom, I noticed his pants were on backwards. The fly was in the back.

"Sammy",said I, "Your pants are on backwards."

Sammy looked at me and shrugged.

Then, without missing a beat, he said, with an air of disconcern,

"Nobody will notice."

Today people call him "Father Sam"

You just never know how a kid's gonna turn out.

for what it is worth, (you decide), www.snopes2.com says the "available" origin is false. They say, it did start in prison, the result of ill fitting prison garb and no belts, and then of course was picked up as a thing by various hiphop "artists", but was not a sign of being unattaced and available for homosexual activity.

http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp

The male students wore them like that for gang affiliations among other things; but wearing them like that, there was plenty of room to hide weapons or things that could be used for weapons...it can make a person rather nervous. My next door neighbor teacher discovered a firearm in one of the desks in her classroom. it was hidden in somebody's pants we suppose.

Rules posted in a local pool hall here in town :

1.) Ball caps may be worn while indoors;

2.) Bill of the cap may be worn forward or backwards;

3.) Bills of the cap may NOT be worn sideways;

4.) PANTS MUST BE BELTED ABOVE THE WAIST;

5.) Swearing will ONLY be tolerated, if a bad shot was taken;

6.) If you are in doubt, refer to rules #1 through #5.

THE MANAGEMENT.

:)

Hap, I like my version better :biglaugh: if for no other reason than it has completely turned my son off to that particular fad!

Krys the kids wear uniforms at the school my boys go to - it didn't stop them from trying this particular fashion statement out though. In response, our superintendent bought suspenders and any kid caught with his pants sagging had to wear these goofy looking suspenders for the rest of the day. The superintendent would take their picture with suspenders on and hang it outside the office door.

The kids like him - they think he is funny, but they respect him also, and his plan worked well. :)

Batcave - that is very very funny!!

Edited by Abigail

Hap, I like my version better :biglaugh: if for no other reason than it has completely turned my son off to that particular fad!

Krys the kids wear uniforms at the school my boys go to - it didn't stop them from trying this particular fashion statement out though. In response, our superintendent bought suspenders and any kid caught with his pants sagging had to wear these goofy looking suspenders for the rest of the day. The superintendent would take their picture with suspenders on and hang it outside the office door.

The kids like him - they think he is funny, but they respect him also, and his plan worked well. :)

Batcave - that is very very funny!!

HA! That reminds me of a stow-ry I heard once about young ladies in a high school, who went to the bathroom, did their business, then put on lipstick and *kissed the mirror*, leaving an imprint of their lips, there on the glass.

(This may be true, and then again it may not be --

but it shows ingenuity on the part of the Principal of the school if it is).

He corralled a bunch of the young lady students,

gave them a lecture about lipstick on the mirrors,

then took them into the ladies room,

accompianied by the school janitor.

The Principal continued his *talk*, and then said ---

"FYI --- this is how the mirrors here at *** High School are cleaned."

Where upon he motioned to the school janitor, who ---

took a toilet bowl brush, and thoughly cleaned a toilet or two,

then without rinsing the toilet bowl brush,

proceeded to vigourously clean the mirrors, right above the sinks.

Problem solved!!

:biglaugh:

I'm surprised this style is still around. My son dressed like that when he was in middle school, 6 years ago.

I voted people should dress how they want to. I agree it looks silly, but the way I dressed when I was a teen makes my children laugh. Think day-glo polyester. I also remember my mother telling me to change my clothes before I left the house more than once.

You want to know what really bugs me? Trying to find jeans for myself that come up high enough. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong stores, but it seems like all the jeans for women are either mom jeans or super low rise.