GreaseSpot Cafe

VP quotes, read if you have a barf bag with you...

another spot

Ok, so I actually pulled out Life Lines and took a look... and found some stuff that is pretty contradictory to the way twi is working now... Maybe I don't have the Prevailing Word edition of the book....

p 100 "Spontaneity - you have to have this in your Twig if you want to be a hot Twig" (SNORT!! HAHAHAHA!!!)

p 96 "In the household, God plays no favorites and neither should you." (twi must not mean the household then, huh?)

p 95 "The door to the household is always open" (However, HQ might be locked down, and you will have to sign in and out at the door.)

And this one makes no sense at all

P 19 "The believer's fear binds the omnipotence of God."

So much for being all powerful if my stupid little pea brain could stop Him from doing ANYTHING!!

What I really love about some of the modern "mystics"..

The best I've heard of the message.. and sometimes it is rather eloquent:

"I would really like a following, but I don't have a friggin clue of what is really going on"

:biglaugh:

:

here's one of my favorite VP Wierwille quotes:

"WOMEN NEVER TELL THE TRUTH"

V. P. Wierwille, quoted in The Way- Living in Love, written by devout Wierwille follower Elena Whiteside, and published by The Way International's American Christian Press, 1972, p. 199.

No, he wasn't kidding.

He recounted this story in the same conversation in which he lied to Elena Whiteside about his experiences in Tulsa. He claimed that a blizzard in Tulsa December 11-13, 1951, stopped all trains, buses and planes from moving out of the city. Weather records show that no snow fell the whole week (the biggest snowfall all month was 6 tenths of an inch), and newspaper weather reports indicate that the temperature was in the 50s.

Here's more from the same page:

(A man asked Wierwille,) "Aren't you that... preacher who spoke in tongues last night?" I said, "yes, but it was a damn lie...." Then a woman came over to me and said, "I think God sent a man here to meet your need. Meet me at 9 a.m." I thought, "Women never tell the truth." But then I reconsidered.... I just remember thinking to myself, "There aren't going to be any women around when I get the holy spirit...." (Later he met J.E. Stiles, whose wife asked Stiles:) "How long will you be?" And he said, "That's none of your business." That was it, and my opinion of him as a man went up 99 percent. His stature increased in my eyes, just from the way he handled her." (TWLIL, pp. 199-200)

If I were a woman, I wouldn't feel very secure around this kind of man.

QUOTE(oldiesman @ Jul 3 2007, 10:33 AM)

"The Word of God is the will of God"

Perhaps the most powerful of VP's quotes.

"E=MC2"

Perhaps one of the most powerful quotes in modern science.

"Sometimes I sits and thinks. And sometimes I just sits"

Perhaps the most powerful of Popeye's quotes.

"A bluegrass band without a banjo is merely 4 guys on a stage ---

futilely trying to make sense of life, as seen from their limited perspective."

(Ron Thomason)

here's one of my favorite VP Wierwille quotes:

"WOMEN NEVER TELL THE TRUTH"

V. P. Wierwille, quoted in The Way- Living in Love, written by devout Wierwille follower Elena Whiteside, and published by The Way International's American Christian Press, 1972, p. 199.

No, he wasn't kidding.

He recounted this story in the same conversation in which he lied to Elena Whiteside about his experiences in Tulsa. He claimed that a blizzard in Tulsa December 11-13, 1951, stopped all trains, buses and planes from moving out of the city. Weather records show that no snow fell the whole week (the biggest snowfall all month was 6 tenths of an inch), and newspaper weather reports indicate that the temperature was in the 50s.

Here's more from the same page:

(A man asked Wierwille,) "Aren't you that... preacher who spoke in tongues last night?" I said, "yes, but it was a damn lie...." Then a woman came over to me and said, "I think God sent a man here to meet your need. Meet me at 9 a.m." I thought, "Women never tell the truth." But then I reconsidered.... I just remember thinking to myself, "There aren't going to be any women around when I get the holy spirit...." (Later he met J.E. Stiles, whose wife asked Stiles:) "How long will you be?" And he said, "That's none of your business." That was it, and my opinion of him as a man went up 99 percent. His stature increased in my eyes, just from the way he handled her." (TWLIL, pp. 199-200)

I remember that one!! :blink:

QUOTE(oldiesman @ Jul 3 2007, 10:33 AM)

"The Word of God is the will of God"

Perhaps the most powerful of VP's quotes.

"E=MC2"

Perhaps one of the most powerful quotes in modern science.

"Sometimes I sits and thinks. And sometimes I just sits"

Perhaps the most powerful of Popeye's quotes.

"Here I sit, broken hearted..."

Perhaps the most powerful of bathroom wall quotes.

Edited by Mark Clarke

"The Word Of God Is The Will Of God"

I just tried searching for the origin of this phrase.

Mind you, my search skills are poor at best.

It seems that about a zillion people have used or are currently using this phrase.

It's not possible they all took PFAL or were part of TWI.

I even found it on Peter Wade's site in an article titled "How To Walk On Water", dated 1976.

Yes, that postdates the filming of PFAL but do we really know who was quoting whom?

I think it's pretty safe to say that, even though this is a profound statement, it likely did not originate with VPW. (Fear in the machinery of life is one that he ABSOLUTELY did not originate)

That is a very famous quote by E. Stanley Jones that predates VPW.

My personal opinion is that it was a popular catch phrase that he was clever enough to identify as powerfully inspiring and used it in the context of his own work.

Where's the beef?

Perhaps one of Clara Peller's most---------ummmm-----quotes.

Edited by waysider

"THe Word of God is the Will of GOD" Sounds lovely--undoubtedly true---the catch???

No one seemed to be able to decided once and for all in TWI what the Word actully was. "the Present **ever morphing ever rising phoenix-like from the ashes** Truth.

No wonder it all has disolved into such a mess--sand thats what it is/was --sand-- not a solid piece of rock large enough to build a house on to be found anywhere as the spittle sprewed forth with the latest "truth for our day and time"

Edited by templelady