GreaseSpot Cafe

Corps Weddings

wrdsandwrks

What was really shameful is the way people were treated who chose not to get married in the Corps weddings, and the way people were treated who chose to marry someone outside the Corps "household." These folks were regularly reproved publicly and privately, and often snubbed by leadership and their Corps brothers and sisters. Very stupid and hurtful treatment.

VPW also was ticked at Corps for getting married after they divorced. One 6th Corps woman, Mxchelle Molxneux, got engaged to Gxry Curtis, 1st Corps, after his divorce from his first wife. One day VPW roundly reproved the both of them in front of our entire Corps for their engagement. They married anyway. Don't know what ever happened with them after they left TWI, but I hope they are still happily together despite it all.

There was one good-lookin' fella in my Corps who announced his engagement to a non-Corps woman. One of his Corps "confronted" him for not looking for a spouse first among the "bounty" of singles in the Corps. She even proudly boasted of confronting him about it. The poor guy ended up dumping his fiance and marrying the person who confronted him!

Wonder what happened to that one...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, the Gluckins, Sudduths, & Belts. I thought it was "special" that they let two 6th Corps folk, who had not yet graduated, get married in the middle of training, usually a "no-no."

I may be wrong here, but K*n S*dduth wasn't Corps when they married. He was College division later. I know this because was there in the College when I was in rez.

I have NOTHING good to say about that man..... :realmad:

There was one good-lookin' fella in my Corps who announced his engagement to a non-Corps woman. One of his Corps "confronted" him for not looking for a spouse first among the "bounty" of singles in the Corps. She even proudly boasted of confronting him about it. The poor guy ended up dumping his fiance and marrying the person who confronted him!

Wonder what happened to that one...

OMG!! :blink: Unfrikkinbelievable! Just when you think you've heard it all.

I dated a 17th Corps guy who was on his interim year. We got pretty serious, and I overheard him on the phone with one of his Corps brothers saying "I don't have to marry a Corps girl." We didn't marry, but he did marry someone who never went int the Corps. He was dropped almost immediately after he graduated because he didn't marry Corps. What a waste. He could have been enjoying himself all that time he was in residence.

I may be wrong here, but K*n S*dduth wasn't Corps when they married. He was College division later. I know this because was there in the College when I was in rez.

I have NOTHING good to say about that man..... :realmad:

It's true, Ken was not Corps when they married. I do remember him being College Division. VP certainly had his "favorites" and exceptions to his rules.

I know nothing about the man, so will say nothing.... you have the floor.....

It's true, Ken was not Corps when they married. I do remember him being College Division. VP certainly had his "favorites" and exceptions to his rules.

I know nothing about the man, so will say nothing.... you have the floor.....

Let's just say that there's a reason he was allowed into the inner circle....He learned from "his master" all too well.

It turns my stomach to remember the things he did....

Dooj...You're much too kind...K*n S*dd*th was a grade A arsehole...he was born that way and twi only honed his inbred skills. I recall watching him TRY to lead songs and TRY to teach...he was a buffoon if there ever was one...

...He is the proof that Wierwiile pushed certain people to the top and showed favoritism...this guy had NO leadership ability and if you looked in the dictionary under "pond scum", his picture was there...just remembering his face creeps me out...the guy proved himself to be a total lowlife...

...and I'm in a good mood or I would really tell you what I think about him.

Yea, Groucho.... I know lots more about that guy than I want to know. He was a smarmy VP-wanna-be.

I hesitate to sully this thread any further with that scum-sucking bottom feeder....

Edited by doojable

Smarmy:

ADJECTIVE: Inflected forms: smarm·i·er, smarm·i·est

1. Hypocritically, complacently, or effusively earnest; unctuous. See synonyms at unctuous. 2. Sleek.

I'd also add - "slick"

Unctious:

ADJECTIVE: 1. Characterized by affected, exaggerated, or insincere earnestness: “the unctuous, complacent court composer who is consumed with envy and self-loathing” (Rhoda Koenig). 2. Having the quality or characteristics of oil or ointment; slippery. 3. Containing or composed of oil or fat. 4. Abundant in organic materials; soft and rich: unctuous soil.

I'd also add - "greasy"

No matter how you put it - the guy makes Larry Flint look classy.

...Bottom feeder is right...this guy was/is a total sociopath who was constantly trying to bed down "waygirls" even though he was married to H*l*n...every interaction he had with people was always to the end of how it would advance his position or give himself some kind of "gratification"...it absolutely amazes me how Wierwille decided to give this guy a ticket to the "back room" where the elite hung out, the demons swung from the chandaliers and the drambuie flowed...

...and he was SOOOOOOOOO dumb!...my gawd, I hate to sit here and slam the guy...no, that's not true...actually I don't mind slamming him a bit...remember the "Beverly Hillbillies"?...he was like Jethro's evil twin brother...

KS took the PFAL class in my WOW twig, and was hanging around our place, which I think is where he met his wife. I was a total innocent back then, and sort of vaguely remember him being great pals with my WOW sister/branch leader/interim 4th year WC. Since she was WC and The Boss, whenever any VIPs came through we had to host them, and he was always on hand. He had as I recall been married before and had a daughter in Ky. I remember taking him to the airport to fly back there. He was making a total fool of himself at that point, waving his Bible in its cover around and joking with the employees about hijacking the plane, which could have gotten him tossed in the slammer, but I guess they knew a dingbat when they saw one. They were not amused, however.

Then he was off to some bigger things I guess. I was surprised when he married H. I didn't think much of him, he was too loud and brash and all over SB, my WOW sister.

I never knew what became of him and H. I'm truly sorry - I feel a little guilty knowing he "got in the Word" where I was a WOW. Had I know how much grief he was going to cause y'all, I could have put a tarantula in his boots or somethin'.

WG :unsure:

:o

KS took the PFAL class in my WOW twig, and was hanging around our place, which I think is where he met his wife. I was a total innocent back then, and sort of vaguely remember him being great pals with my WOW sister/branch leader/interim 4th year WC. Since she was WC and The Boss, whenever any VIPs came through we had to host them, and he was always on hand. He had as I recall been married before and had a daughter in Ky. I remember taking him to the airport to fly back there. He was making a total fool of himself at that point, waving his Bible in its cover around and joking with the employees about hijacking the plane, which could have gotten him tossed in the slammer, but I guess they knew a dingbat when they saw one. They were not amused, however.

Then he was off to some bigger things I guess. I was surprised when he married H. I didn't think much of him, he was too loud and brash and all over SB, my WOW sister.

I never knew what became of him and H. I'm truly sorry - I feel a little guilty knowing he "got in the Word" where I was a WOW. Had I know how much grief he was going to cause y'all, I could have put a tarantula in his boots or somethin'.

WG

Oh, my! :o

WG :unsure:

He never quite outgrew that goofiness - he just refined it. Then when he met someone who was truly talented and gifted, he used them to make himself look better and bigger - while making that person feel "not spiritual" for their talent and gifts. (Doesn't this sound familiar.....)

The funny thing is that SB and H became real good friends......I knew them all and saw them together. (I worked with SB at HQ for a while, so I got to know her real well.) I've had suspicions for years about all that - but they are only suspicions so I won't voice them.

I do seem to remember one of those women telling me that she did pedicures for VPW.....

Exxie,

He was just joking around. It was 1974-75 and there had been a plethora of airplane hijackings that year, such that it was made a crime to even joke about hijacking a plane. If you bebopped up to the checkin and made some stupid comment like he did, you were liable to be grabbed, searched, and arrested. However, in spite of my immediate concern, the women just looked at him as if to say "Fool!" and x-rayed his Bible cover, which he had laughingly said contained his firearm, and let him go through.

He was definitely "out there" though. I never did think he was the sharpest knife in the drawer. It seemed he tried to get by on looks and personality. I was never all that impressed with him, and could never figure out why my roomie was. It seems I was out WOW with some strange people, or maybe I was the strange one.

Who knows/

WG

I had a Fellowlaborer wedding.

It was presided over by the limb leader and held at Limb HQ.

There were several others as well that year after graduation and each one was conducted separately.

Our families were both present.

It was really a pretty nice event. FLO did all the set up and physical work.

No surprise there,huh?

It didn't last, but that was a long time ago and lots of water has gone under the bridge since then.

The Limb Leader did not have the legal certification to perform weddings at that time.

We actually got legally married at a Justice Of The Peace the day before.

When I got remarried, we had a ceremony that was presided over by our twig leader.

He, too, was not certified and so we were legally married beforehand by a J.O.P., also.

It was a much smaller, less formal event but still pretty nice.

And so I pose this question;

When people inquire about how many times I've been married, do I say twice or four times? :wink2: