GreaseSpot Cafe

A Few Big Things I Learned Taking PFAL

Doreen

Can everybody breathe for a minute?

Look- there's a lot of pain here. A lot of hand holding and a lot of wanting to do the right thing.

Let's stop focusing on each other for a minute and see the real danger. If we bite and devour each other where do we stand?

I believe with all my heart that each person in this fight right now wants to see real genuine GODLY healing happen here. Let's get to it...

Look- there's a lot of pain here. A lot of hand holding and a lot of wanting to do the right thing.

Let's stop focusing on each other for a minute and see the real danger. If we bite and devour each other where do we stand?

I believe with all my heart that each person in this fight right now wants to see real genuine GODLY healing happen here. Let's get to it...

CLAP!! CLAP!!

This is why I dont get involved with the deep discusions here. I enjoy some of the posts and usually make some sort of humorous comment that only people that had been involved would/could enjoy. Over the last year or two I have mainly avoided these forums for the reason that I felt that most of the information had been given regarding the Way. And all that was left to read here was hate. I'll admitt I was embarassed to think that someone from the Way would come here looking/lurking for answers and find the over-riding hate and suspicion that has crept into many of the threads here.

Thank you for your post, because it now makes me see that most of it was derived from pain and not hate. I will pray that people will get healed and be able to move on. But unfortunately just a those that are still in are blind to how they act, so are some of those that are here as well.

I'm not discounting peoples feelings or personal experiences, but I still look at this site as place for people still in to come for information and unfortunately most of that is not even 1st or 2nd page news. I also understand the need for a place to heal,vent and rant. Maybe a sub-catagory to About the Way devoted to information and current news would help, At least it would give people an area to jump to to get there information instead of being confussed or put off by threads like this.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but this is how "I" feel and what "I" see at this point and time.

edit- for grammer

Edited by JustSayNO

Sorry, shoot me if you want, but I'm just in one of those moods..

:biglaugh:

:) I know. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Btw -- I hear squirrels are tasty critters. Would you know if that's true? ;)

CLAP!! CLAP!!

This is why I dont get involved with the deep discusions here. I enjoy some of the posts and usually make some sort of humorous comment that only people that had been involved would/could enjoy. Over the last year or two I have mainly avoided these forums for the reason that I felt that most of the information had been given regarding the Way. And all that was left to read here was hate. I'll admitt I was embarassed to think that someone from the Way would come here looking/lurking for answers and find the over-riding hate and suspicion that has crept into many of the threads here.

Thank you for your post, because it now makes me see that most of it was derived from pain and not hate. I will pray that people will get healed and be able to move on. But unfortunately just a those that are still in are blind to how they act, so are some of those that are here as well.

Im not discounting peoples feelings or personal experiences, but I still look at this site as place for people still in to come for information and unfortunately most of that is not even 1st or 2nd page news. I also understand the need for a place to heal,vent and rant. Maybe a sub-catagory to About the Way devoted to information and current news would help, At least it would give people an area to jump to to get there information instead of being confussed or put off by threads like this.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but this is how "I" feel and what "I" see at this point and time.

edit- for grammer

There's never anything wrong about expressing your opinion and you expressed it quite nicely.

Can we let out our breathe now Dooj? :) (Btw -- that was very special of you and timely).

:) I know. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Btw -- I hear squirrels are tasty critters. Would you know if that's true? ;)

There's never anything wrong about expressing your opinion and you expressed it quite nicely.

Can we let out our breathe now Dooj? :) (Btw -- that was very special of you and timely).

I sometimes have good timing... :biglaugh:

Should I feel bad because I feel hunky dory right now?

Yep, I had a pretty productive day and I'm feeling pretty good myself.

Some of it I credit to the lessons I learned on the Hope and then some other things I had not been taught on the subject.

Yep yep yep-yep-yep, life is pretty good where I am...

Should I feel bad because I feel hunky dory right now?

Yep, I had a pretty productive day and I'm feeling pretty good myself.

Some of it I credit to the lessons I learned on the Hope and then some other things I had not been taught on the subject.

Yep yep yep-yep-yep, life is pretty good where I am...

Hey D - I'm not going to find fault because you had a good day. I had to go out and buy school clothes so I'd trade places with you if I could... :asdf:

But - ya know, with as much learning and insight as we have here collectively, it seems to me that a lot more could be accomplished if we stopped focusing on the poster, and stopped treating them as a poster child, and instead just got on our knees and asked God how to be part of a healing process.

That is what I learned in all my years since PFAL - not sure where it kicked in.

That you do. Sometimes I don't and I end up stepping on toes. I should have paid more attention to Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. ;)

Don't feel bad - you have the disadvantage - that dang Y chromosome. :biglaugh:

You know that Ginger did everything that Fred did - but backwards and in heels...;) (Got that one from Top of the World's quote of Anne Richardson.)

*huff, huff, huff..*

Sorry, shoot me if you want, but I'm just in one of those moods..

Ham... are you in labor? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Edited by doojable

I prefer when a digressioin takes place for new threads to be started rather than take established subjects off topic.

Now I'll freely admit to getting off track at times, but that's just the way I see it.

I prefer that too, but the GSC doesn't work that way, and I can either adapt to that,

ignore it, or complain each time it happens.

We forgive them all - (IMHO) but forgiveness doesn't mean forgetting. In fact forgiveness requires remembering.

Why is it then when God forgives, He forgets, and remembers our sins no more.

We Love them all. But again - we are still to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. Just because I love - doesn't mean that I'm not honest. In fact, Jesus himself said that it's easy to love those that we like - it's the unloveable that we need to extend ourselves to.

Here: its in my signature now, but I'm making it bigger for all to see:

I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him.-- Booker T. Washington

It's a shame that some of the other posters don't share your sentiment.

Doojable

Actually it was Johniam, not Jonny Lingo, who stated there where things in BG's class that were deliberately left out of PFAL.

I asked if he would care to elaborate but never saw these differences addressed.

Might now be as good a time as any to do so?

Waysider, I know that it was Johniam who made that statement. I was just obviating should that argument arise again.

He seems silent on that matter though...

He's at work. I assume he'll respond when he has time.

Edited by Jeaniam

So far it appears to me that there are some who have a knee-jerk reaction whenever they see something TWI-related.

One can argue that both ways-that some will immediately condemn any criticism

of twi, pfal or vpw CATEGORICALLY.

I think one of the new threads is addressing something related to this.

Feel free to start a new thread if it's not addressing what you want to-

I certainly do.

(snip)

My personal taste is for threads to remain on topic and new threads begun when a significant digression occurs. Of course I understand this does not always take place, but it doesn't mean I should not state my preference, either.

Well, you've got me there.

Stunning!

The sad part is there are probably some here who wisht it had never happened....

Do you really think it's either fair or honest to characterize other posters as being

grieved that anyone had a prayer answered, or saw deliverance, or received a blessing?

Even the atheists and non-Christians wouldn't say that....

Do you think a good Christian should mischaracterize others, misrepresent them

or express dishonesty about them?

Dot...you said it well. We have people going through some mighty tough stuff, we have people getting healed from some mighty tough stuff....and yet....you have people who want to discount and discredit both ....worse trying to deliberately derail the progress being made with inane talk about golf....WHY of WHY would you begrudge someone the kindness of a sympathetic ear?? WHY would you try to shut the people up whom are doing the ministering?? Why would you deliberatly obstruct the goodness of what is being accomplished by God on this thread???

You guys just don`t see how cruel you are...it is bewildering....I can only surmise what it is in you that causes such callousness...such blindness to the harm that you cause :(

Edited by rascal

I'll say I'D like to see that.

What do the rest of you say?

Dot...you said it well. We have people going through some mighty tough stuff, we have people getting healed from some mighty tough stuff....and you have people who want to discount and discredit both ....even worse trying to deliberately derail it with inane talk about golf....,

You guys just don`t see how cruel you are...I can only surmise what it is in you that causes such callousness...such blindness....

Ain't had enuf yet, Rascal. :) You've just got to stir that pot up. Preach it brother! But don't pass the basket around. I might spit in it. :)

Nope got things to say... points to make.....you see only what you wanna see Larry.

Yea, I know you have "points" to make. The way I "see" it though is your current "point" is pointless. But don't let that (the way I see it) stop you from babbling. I'm not being charged a price of admission to be entertained by you.

Larry, do you have anything of value to contribute? Why do you think it is ok to be disruptive and nasty? Is this behavior a product of adherence to pfal doctrine?

Speaking of being rude:

3 Member(s) active in live chat

Active Users HAPe4me, rascal, year2027

Don't you think it's rude to join a live chat and walk away from your fellow chatters just to make another pointless point?